Abdul Ahad, 104150719, Bhavpreet Kaur Bains, 104213236
Keywords—Heterogeneous Network; Hetnet; Diversity; LTE; small cell; macro cell; femtocell; pico cell; coverage area;
Engineers today believe that the network used must be heterogenous because homogenous network is more vulnerable to malicious attack that exploits a single weakness common to all its components. In contrast, a network in which each critical functionality is provided by a diverse sets of protocols and implementations, attacks that focus on a weakness of one such protocol or implementation will not be able to bring down the entire network.
This report propose a new paradigm, called heterogenous networking, for improving a network architecture defence capabilities. Rather than following the current trend of converging towards single solution to provide the desired functionality at every element of the networking architecture.
The practical limit for cellular system deployment has been reached in densely populated areas. However, the data traffic is even increasing which leaves their operators with only a few choices. They can increase the area spectral efficiency which is one of the most important matrices. But to improve the radio link coding, cognitive transmission and multiple antennas need to be changed. However, all these values are already at their practical limits. This makes the network operators to come up with some other solution which should be very different from conventional cellular system. They called this new system as heterogeneous network.
A heterogeneous network is a network connecting computers and other devices with different operating systems and/or protocols. For example, local a...
... middle of paper ...
...gives high capacity spot-free coverage to provide a seamless user experience. Users get a very high speed cellular data. It is most desirable for densely-populated areas. The service provided by it is very reliable and is most cost efficient.
 Heterogeneous Network Work: Ericsson http://www.ericsson.com/res/thecompany/docs/press/media_kits/hetnet_infographic_vertical_04.pdf
 Heterogeneous Networks: Nokia http://nsn.com/portfolio/solutions/heterogeneous-networks
 Rise of Heterogeneous Networks: Steve Kemp
 The Heterogenous Network: Commscope
 Hetnet Forum: February, 2013 http://www.thedasforum.org/.
 Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2013–2018 http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/service-provider/visual-networking-index-vni/white_paper_c11-520862.html.
 HetNet Forecast: Mobile Experts
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The security of your network is evaluated daily. A rich question to ask is, "Are you the one doing it?" The answer, hopefully, is that someone on your side is involved in assessing the effectiveness of your defenses; however, overwhelming evidence reports that you are not the only party probing your network's perimeter. Internet-facing systemscomputers with IP addresses that can be reached from the Internetreceive between several and hundreds or even thousands of attack attempts every day. Many of these are simple scans that we know how to defend against, but others catch us by surprise, unexpectedly shifting us into incident investigation and cleanup mode.... [tags: Computer Network Internet]
1637 words (4.7 pages)
- Table of Contents 1. Introduction 2 2. Challenges of Internet of Things (IoT) 2 2.1. Scale 2 2.2. Deep Heterogeneity 3 2.3. Unknown Topology 3 2.4. Unknown Data-Point Availability 3 2.5. Incomplete or Inaccurate Metadata 3 2.6. Conflict Resolution 3 2.7. Quality of Service 3 3. A possible solution – Information Driven Architecture (IDRA) 3 3.1. Traditional Network architecture vs IDRA 4 3.1.1. Information driven approach redefines the role of protocols. 5 3.1.2. Decoupling of the protocol logic and packet representation 5 3.1.3. The system stores all packets in a shared queue 5 3.1.4. Dynamic protocol selection 6 3.1.5. Smaller Memory footprint 6 3.1.6. Legacy support 7 3.1.7. Service Virtua... [tags: internet of things, topology, idra, architecture]
1817 words (5.2 pages)
- The research paper, shall be concerned with discussion Gothic architecture in Europe-namely England, France, Germany, and Italy starting from 12th to the 16th Centuries. Architecture was the most original and lasting form of art during the Gothic Period, which lasted for four centuries starting from the mid 12th century. The impetus for this architecture was the Roman Catholic Church, which sought to portray their houses of worship as something which transcended the realm of mankind. It is interesting to note that many of the Northern European areas were predominately pagan, and only recently brought into the Church.... [tags: Architecture]
1888 words (5.4 pages)
- Network Protocols: The Origins of the Internet The first message to ever pass over the Internet happened on October 29, 1969 in a computer laboratory on the campus of UCLA. Now, almost fifty years later, the average number of Internet users online at any given time is 3.2 Billion. (Time) According to a new report by the International Telecommunication Union, the percentage of users has increased dramatically, and in the period of the last 15 years, the amount of Internet penetration rose from “7% to 43% of the global population.” (Time) Exploration of the origins of the Internet reveal key moments in history that would eventually lead to the conception of the Internet.... [tags: Internet, Computer network, Local area network]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- EA is constantly facing the effects of emerging technologies and concepts. IOE is no different. It also has a severe effect on EA. The conventional practices of EA are not able to scale and cater the transformation. Silo Frameworks and Reference models are becoming available for IOE to address the gaps between traditional EA and latest technologies. EA has to add new domain and disciplines to cover the new areas that IOE has opened up like Security and Data analytics. EA also requires transformation at various levels including framework, governance skills etc.... [tags: Enterprise architecture]
1620 words (4.6 pages)
- There were several topics to choose for this essay, but architectural earthquake-resistant design was best fitted for my Gaming/Animation degree for a few reasons. The first reason is I have had the privilege to take several art history classes that focused on architecture throughout the world. Secondly, I am learning how to use 3d modeling programs such as, Maya and Cinema 4d. To become successful with those programs, I have to learn about the interior as well as the exterior to make the models look real.... [tags: Architecture]
1434 words (4.1 pages)
- Introduction In the digital programmable world, FPGA and ASIC play a vital role for complex designs implementation. In today’s world most of the applications uses FPGA to process the data in the real time and prototyping. The demand for FPGA is increasing because of its performance and reprogramability. The basic building block of FPGA is Logic Block(Configuration Logic Block or Versatile). Many applications, vendors claims the utilization of FPGA or FPGA density in terms of gate counts. Generated FPGA usage report says about the utilization of the Logic blocks, IO Cells and other dedicated resources like RAM, DSP core…etc.... [tags: fpga, arcgitecture, power consumpiton]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- Mankind has always struggled to seek shelter and was extremely resourceful in providing it. Vernacular architecture is the main result of this most basic human necessity. Vernacular buildings were designed in accordance with certain fundamental principles which included comfort, durability, functionality, aesthetic beauty and affordability. The sustainability in such buildings lies in the fact that they are built to adapt to the regional inhabitants and their needs, and regional conditions, including availability of local materials and building techniques, the climatic conditions and the socio-cultural factors.... [tags: Architecture]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- "Utopia: n .an impractical idealistic scheme for social and political reform" - The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition For over twenty years the Iraqi-born, English educated architect Zaha Hadid has symbolized the vanguard of contemporary architecture. She has pushed back the boundaries of built form to forge a highly individualist architectonic language that is at once thrillingly dynamic and intensely thoughtful, and as a result now has an enormous following of students, practitioners and builders.... [tags: Architecture]
1655 words (4.7 pages)
- Introduction Logical Network Design and Physical Network Design are different but depend on each other when implementing. The logical network design pertains more to a high-level view as opposed to the physical network design which is more of a low-level view. Logical Network Design A logical network design is the way the devices appear connected to the user. The logical network design is the way the data will be accessing the medium which is considered to be the logical topology, helping to provide the network backbone requirements and the overall systems and performance criteria.... [tags: Network Design]
763 words (2.2 pages)