This is a proposal for network management and optimization. The network has grown rapidly, and the company has not completed proper documentation and policies. This proposal includes required documentation; network monitoring, event logging, and maps; data backup; and network optimization.
In order to maintain, troubleshoot, and prevent network outages, network administrators need to refer to documentation. Required documentation includes network diagrams, wiring schematics, policies, procedures, configurations, baselines, and change logs.
Network diagrams and wiring schematics are essential for reference and troubleshooting. A network diagram shows a logical or physical layout and includes switches, firewalls, routers, WAN links, and IP addresses (TestOut, 2014a). A wiring schematic is a drawing that shows all cables including connections to switches, patch panels, and devices and includes locations and cable numbers.
The company needs to have policies that explain what the network requirements are and what needs to be done to provide a functional network. Policies should reference regulations that apply to the business and should cover different areas such as administrative functions, documentation, and security (TestOut, 2014a). Policies should require that administrators follow procedures. Procedures are step-by-step instructions for such things as installing and configuring hardware and software, updating antivirus and operating systems, and backing up data.
Administrators need equipment configuration documentation and baselines for reference.
Equipment configuration details can be written in a document or sometimes can be exporte...
... middle of paper ...
Cisco. (2013). Tutorial on differences between a switch, a router, and a layer 3 switches [sic]. Retrieved from http://www.cisco1900router.com/tutorial-on-differences-between-a-switch-a-router-and-a-layer-3-switches.html
Microsoft. (2014a). Event logs. Retrieved from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722404.aspx
Microsoft. (2014b). Overview of network load balancing. Retrieved from http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725691.aspx
TestOut. (2014a). Documentation facts. Retrieved from http://content.testout.com/client/labsimanywhere.html?mincachedate=02-12-2014-23-10
TestOut. (2014b). Network monitoring facts. Retrieved from http://content.testout.com/client/labsimanywhere.html?mincachedate=02-12-2014-23-10
TestOut. (2014c). Optimization facts. Retrieved from http://content.testout.com/client/labsimanywhere.html?mincachedate=02-12-2014-23-10
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Android also uses the open source technologies that have gone through the review of external security, like Linux Kernel (Meier, 2012). 3. Penetration, code and testing review- While developing the Android platform, Android created open source components that relates with the subject to vigorous reviews about the security. The main aim of this review is to explore the possible vulnerabilities before open sourcing the platform (Meier, 2012). Android Security issues around the Management Various earlier versions of the Android, which are still run on the various Android Smartphone’s holds no capabilities for disabling and tracking the lost or in the case when device is stolen, but there ar... [tags: developers, security controll]
1984 words (5.7 pages)
- SUMMARY 1)FOR “COMPREHENSIVE OPTIMIZATION OF DECLARATIVE SENSOR NETWORK QUERIES” To be very precise the research paper deals with the issues of achieving optimization of declarative sensor network queries.As represented by the paper,sensor networks like ad-hoc and wireless networks are energy constrained and because of these restrictions it is very difficult to achieve the aim stated above.The approach or the technique used to solve the problem is adapting the DQP(distributed query processing) i.e TWO PHASE OPTIMIZATION and theories related to it.... [tags: Network Topology]
712 words (2 pages)
- Network design proposal The modern world has been revolutionized by the introduction of new and innovative technological measures. The new technology has changed the manner in which situations are handled, making things a lot easier. However, the new technology is also prone to crime; data on a person or a company can easily be stolen or hacked into by malicious individuals. Therefore there is an increasing and a great need to make sure that the data existing in a company and the information of the employees and the people who are involved is protected using the best means and channels (Belaglazov et al, 2012).... [tags: Computer, Computer security, Computer network]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- 1．INTRODUCTION Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) applications have become essential to support real-time production control as well as data collection and require improving production performance. MES has significantly evolved into more powerful and more integrated software applications as computing technologies. This is due to the capability of MES optimizer business processes in the product supply chain, improve product of quality and ensure the safety of manufacturing processes, which can link to automation equipment to record relevant information and to help manufacturers solve these challenges by tracking each movement in real-time.... [tags: Management]
4096 words (11.7 pages)
- Abstract Search engine optimization is basically the technical regulations that allow search engines to browse web pages more efficiently and accurately. It is usually abbreviated as SEO. With the widespread use of internet, SEO is gaining more importance day by day. Being aware of this fact, webmasters are determining their strategy in consideration of SEO. Therefore it is important to have a grasp of SEO in order to better understand and use the internet search engines. This paper aims to demonstrate the basics of this popular phenomenon SEO and by this way the reader will have a better comprehension of internet search engines.... [tags: World Wide Web, Search engine optimization]
705 words (2 pages)
- Performance Management at Network Solutions, Inc. Performance Management is a critical component to organizational success. However, creating, developing, and maintaining a system that captures all the characteristics of an ideal performance management system should involve an ongoing collaboration between leadership and employees to achieve a successful outcome. After all, the performance and success of the organization is dependent upon the employees. Therefore, performance management should incorporate organizational goals, employee goals, and continuous feedback that reflect individual’s contribution (NorthCoast 99, 2012).... [tags: Management, Performance management, Goal]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- In the following report I will discuss the role of network management and how the network manager contributes to the network security of an organisation. Network security will be discussed in full to inform on how big of an impact network attacks can have on an organisation. Once the impact of network security has been covered I will go through all possible threats that can harm an organisation and the steps network managers should go through to secure a network to the best of their ability. The importance of network tools will be introduced last along with benefits they can provide.... [tags: Technology, Network Security]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Proposal for a Sustainable Forestry Management Policy Forests are an invaluable natural resource with multiple conflicting uses. When left to stand, forests help conserve biodiversity, stabilize the environment and control erosion; when logged, they provide building materials, fuel and agricultural land for human use. The challenge is to find an equilibrium between these uses: in other words, to make the transition toward sustainable forestry management. Unfortunately, poverty has driven people in developing countries to clear-cut large tracts of land, while instability and corruption have rendered developing country governments powerless to stop illegal logging and trade in illegal forest... [tags: Proposal Proposition Essays]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- The Basics of Network Management In the computer world, networks are the primary means of inter-computer communications. The building and maintenance of a network is the responsibility of the network manager. The network manager must have the expertise to design and implement an appropriate network for his client. The proper design of a network is based on more than a few principles. However, the job of the network manager encompasses more than simply building a useable network, although that is the end result.... [tags: Networks Telecommunications]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- Management Proposal Deep-well drilling has been around for centuries. Over the years, different techniques have been developed in order to improve the efficiency of drilling in a number of different geographical locations. Today’s deep-well drilling industry revolves around the use of bits. In order for this company to be proficient with time and money, it is essential to use bits that are tough enough to withstand impact, while at the same time still possessing a hard surface to protect it against wear.... [tags: Management Report Summary]
558 words (1.6 pages)