The first factor to consider is convenience. Netflix can be the simplest choice, because the average person does not have to leave the house. While there may be a few movie theaters in a town, they require a drive to get to them. Another aspect to consider is that movie theaters follow a set schedule, and the times cannot be altered. For example, if someone has to use the restroom or grab some snacks, they can freely pause the program on Netflix; however at the movie theater the film will continue to run. Netflix is the uncontested winner for convenience, because anyone can control when and how they want to view the program.
The second factor to consider is the variety each offer. Movie theaters have a tendency to bring in the newest titles and push out the others just as quick. Just like movie theaters, Netflix cycles titles in and out throughout each month. Netflix has a wide variety of films, television shows, and even Netflix originals (i.e House of Cards and Orange is the New Black). Sometimes the newest titles in the theaters do not live up to expectation their previews set. This results in unhappy consumers that wish they could get a refund or view a different title. With Netflix if someone is not enjoying their movie, they can end it and start a new one at no additional cost. Movie theaters may have newer titles, but the wai...
... middle of paper ...
...ablets. Another point to consider is watching two movies at the movie theaters is equal to twenty-three dollars, while Netflix has a set fee no matter how many movies someone chooses to watch. Lastly, considering the prices of the concession stands at movie theaters, going to the grocery store to get snacks is a much cheaper alternative. Netflix is unquestionably better priced than the movie theater, especially when considering the content given for that price.
Netflix and movie theaters each have their advantages, but when it comes to the four factors discussed Netflix is the clear winner. Netflix has a larger variety for a better price, while being convenient for the viewer. While the experience of the movie theater can many times be better, Netflix is doing so well in all the other categories, it makes up for the difference and is the outright winner of the two.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Theater tickets today can range from anywhere between 5 dollars and 20 dollars, depending on the quality of movie someone wants to see. Kelsi really enjoys going to the theater with her friends, but the money is just adding up to be too much. Along with the outrageous price range of theaters, Kelsi is not comfortable when sitting in the theater seats, and the temperature of the theater rooms can often be unbearable. Why should she go to the theater and pay ridiculous prices for tickets and food and be uncomfortable when she can enjoy the movie from the comfort of her own warm home.... [tags: places to watch movies comparison]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- The two segments of the general environment that would rank highest in their influence on the Netflix are technological segment and demographic segment. According to Netflix (n.d), “Netflix is the world’s leading Internet television network with over 81 million members in over 190 countries enjoying more than 125 million hours of TV shows and movies per day, including original series, documentaries and feature films. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on nearly any Internet-connected screen.... [tags: Movie theater, Film, Streaming media]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- Tonight is the opening night for a film the critics have been raving about for weeks. With the crisp separation of your ticket, the attendant politely directs you to the correct theater. The smell of freshly buttered popcorn permeates the air as you proceed to find your seat among the other patrons. As the opening previews end and the lights begin to dim, the excited whispering surrounding you gradually tapers off. The movie that you have been anticipating for months is about to begin. Movie theaters have been essential encouragers of social interaction for decades.... [tags: Movie Theaters, Social Interaction, History]
1462 words (4.2 pages)
- On Saturday night, cities come alive. Roads, restaurants, bars, bowling alleys, concert venues, movie theaters and many more nighttime destinations fill to capacity. However, occasionally a person just doesn’t want to bother with the hustle and bustle of the city life. It remains questionable how one may spend the night at home, without having to venture out for supplies to keep entertained. Enter Netflix. Its convenience, value, ease of use, and available features together make Netflix the perfect way to spend a night in.... [tags: convience, value, use, features]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Netflix Inc. Company Background Netflix Inc. incorporated in 1997 and made its first public offering in 2002. Netflix is an online movie rental service which provides its 3,000,000 subscribers access to over 40,000 DVD titles. Although Netflix stocks nearly every title available on DVD, it does not stock titles containing adult content. The Netflix program allows subscribers to rent as many DVD’s as they want, and keep them for as long as they want. Three DVD’s can be out at a time, as soon as one is returned the next DVD on the subscriber generated movie list is shipped out.... [tags: essays research papers]
1391 words (4 pages)
- How do people feel when they go to the movie theater. Well they may feel excited to see that new Star Wars movie with a group of people or be polar opposite about it would rather watch it at home, but one thing for sure they are all investing their money to watch Star Wars. For instance, with movie prices being a lot higher than before it would make sense to have a type of personal streaming media box to play these movies for a reasonable price. It may not be for everyone, but for the people who want to watch a movie with their children and not disturb the people who are seating around them, then a media box like this could happen and play newly released movies at the comfort of your own hom... [tags: Movie theater, Film, Movie studio, Surround sound]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- The entertainment that people use in the world has a very large variety. People would go from doing an outdoor activity to watching television. Entertainment soon impacted its way of use through technology such as video games and computers. The most common thing people love to do is watch movies. Movies have been out through for a very long time. The first movies were in black and white and did not have any sound. As time passed by the way of making movies changed to where sound was implemented then they made the movies in full color.... [tags: Film, Movie theater, Theatre, Popcorn]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- Imagine an individual pouring every fiber of their being into something that they treasured and yielded great passion for. Now imagine the product of that person’s intensive work being stolen right out from under them by a complete stranger that they will never meet. This is the gut wrenching case that filmmakers face with illegal movie downloads. The fact is that movies are not only the collective work and effort of just a filmmaker, but rather the joint endeavor of many people. In the film industry, illicit movie downloads not only hinder the efficacy of diligence and commerce, but they also deter legitimate services that contribute to the original creators of creative works, thwart societ... [tags: Film Industry]
2732 words (7.8 pages)
- atching movies can be considered a common American pastime. In fact America is second only to India when it comes to spending money on movies. There are multiple ways to participate in this activity whether the movies are watched at home or at a theater. Watching movies at home are more pleasurable experience to it being more comfortable, inexpensive, and convenient. Though going out to the movies with friends can be a fun night out. It is not worth the loss of comfortability that is at home. When in a private setting how clean the surroundings are is a choice made by the participant.... [tags: Movie theater, Film, Popcorn, Movie projector]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Netflix 1. Blockbuster was able to create a strong position in the traditional video rental industry due to a couple of factors. It was initially based on the idea that “movie rentals were largely impulse decisions.” With this being the case, the assumption was that consumers would want the newest releases. In order to cater to this, Blockbuster grew quickly in order to expand geographically and to increase share in existing markets. The size of Blockbuster became its major source of advantage.... [tags: Case Study Business Model Netflix]
1105 words (3.2 pages)