Video streaming service is one of growing business in the recent years. Many streaming service providers are available in market and there is a lot of competitive edge between those. Some of the providers are Amazon Prime Instant, Hulu, Vudu, ITunes and each has its unique feature.
Netflix is one of the America’s largest movie rental service and in addition provides the subscribers with internet based video streaming service. (Netflix Competitive Advantage, 2010). It was started in 1997 headquartered in Los Gatos, California. (Netflix, 2014). Netflix has more than 40 million subscribers who have access to more than 100,000 titles as on mid-2013 (Netflix, 2014). They have more than 42 shipping locations and ships over 1.575 million DVD’s to subscribers on daily basis (Netflix Competitive Advantage, 2010). In USA the highest ISP speed is 2.97Mbps which is provided by cable vision-optimum. Netflix together with YouTube accounts holds for over 50% of downstream traffic on fixed networks. Its design and traffic management play key roles on its network infrastructure (The ISP Speed Index, 2014). The main strategy of Netflix is to attract more subscribes to the online video streaming service. Amazon, Blockbuster, Walmart, Redbox were some of the competitors of Netflix in movie rental.
Netflix consumes about 29.7% of peak downstream traffic because of its online video streaming service. (Adhikari, et al., 2012). The network architecture of Netflix should be well organized to support the features of high availability and scalability. Netflix previously had its own data center to host the services and functions required for efficient video streaming availability to its customers. Currently, Netflix has adopted cloud techn...
... middle of paper ...
...flix. (JUNE, 2012 15). The netflix tech blog. Retrieved from http://techblog.netflix.com/2012/06/netflix-operations-part-i-going.html
NETFLIX OpenConnect Appliance deployment guide . (2014, March). Retrieved from http://oc.nflxvideo.net/docs/OpenConnect-Deployment-Guide.pdf
Rayburn, D. (2012, August 13). Netflix’s New CDN Is Good News for Everyone. Retrieved from www.streamingmedia.com: http://www.streamingmedia.com/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles/Netflixs-New-CDN-Is-Good-News-for-Everyone-84306.aspx
Rouse, M. (2011, March). Content delivery network (CDN). Retrieved from http://whatis.techtarget.com: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/content-delivery-network-CDN
Services, A. p. (2014). Amazon web services. Retrieved from http://aws.amazon.com/s3/
The ISP Speed Index. (2014, February). Retrieved from www.neetflix.com: http://ispspeedindex.netflix.com/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As evidenced by many of its historic buildings, Fredericton was greatly influenced by the neoclassical architectural period that swept Europe and North America during the 18th century (Young 1982, 10). This period was marked by an influx of buildings designed to reflect the architecture of ancient Greece and Rome (Faulkner 2009, Neo-classical architecture). It grew from the burgeoning interest in classical antiquities and antiquarianism, a movement led by Englishmen such as Lord Elgin and William Stukeley, which marked the 1700s (Greene and Moore 2010, 16, 38).... [tags: antiquarianism, neo-classical, Ionic, Corinthian]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
Understandin How Mammalian Pulmonary and Circulatory Systems Increase The Delivery of Oxygen to Cells
- Male vs. Female Differences in Vital Statistics I. Introduction The respiratory system and circulatory system are both critical to the life of a mammal. The respiratory and circulatory systems depend on each other greatly. An organism needs both systems to be functioning in order to sustain life. Oxygen needs to be exchanged throughout the body, and the respiratory system and circulatory system are the modes of transportation for the oxygen. The respiratory system establishes the breathing of an animal by the transfer of oxygen, which in return allows the circulatory system to work.... [tags: heat rate, smoking, non-smokers]
2267 words (6.5 pages)
- Regionalism in Asia is more about the pursuit of identity and less about performance; it does not contribute anything meaningful to the Green agenda of the 21st century. Regionalism is a process; integration is its product. Understanding Regionalist architecture Vernacular and native are two words more often than not associated, and these two concepts generally refer to a language or dialect of a people, associated with architecture given a qualitative status. Discussing the importance of vernacular architecture was the main point of study published by Oliver in his book, ‘Built to Meet Needs: Cultural Issues In Vernacular Architecture’.... [tags: vernacular, culture, vision]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- A place is not just a place. It exists at a certain location for a reason; that is, it does not just show up for just any purpose. It is built and designed the way it is for a reason. Landscape architecture, it is not just about the building or architecture, it is about the place, the ecology, and about understanding it in a so much deeper level. According to Patricia Martin in Revisiting Downsview Park Toronto “Landscape architecture is also a conscious shaping of land to accommodate human use and activity.” The two places, Mrak Mall and Olson Bridge over Pathway, are the examples about understanding the place.... [tags: Architecture]
1580 words (4.5 pages)
- Architecture is a fascinating business that encompasses the art and science of designing with the construction of buildings. An architect designs all kind of buildings, such as schools, churches, houses, restaurants, and more. This profession has been around since the 1st century CE when Vitruvius, a Roman architect, called it De architectura. Architects have to have a wide range of knowledge. For example they need to have good communications skill, so they can take the information of what a client wants and transform into a sketch then eventually a building.... [tags: Architecture]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction In 1907, Jim Casey and Claude Ryan founded American Messenger Company, a delivery and errand service, from a small-spaced basement office. As their service grew, the Seattle teens began making small package deliveries for local stores. The company’s name changed to Merchants Parcel Delivery, and the founders later changed their name to United Parcel Service (UPS) after acquiring Motor Parcel Delivery in Oakland, California. Today, UPS is the world’s largest package delivery corporation with about 18.3 million packages and documents transported per business day throughout 220-plus countries.... [tags: United Parcel Service, FedEx, Package delivery]
1045 words (3 pages)
- The construction of architectural work is evidence of human skill to transform ideas into concrete actualities. Architecture exists in the real world only by the assemblage and erection of concrete materials. Buildings constructed by these materials could convey a specific meaning by structural disruption and disharmony in pieces, but unless there resides a practical usefulness, we lose our curiosity the moment its statement is understood. The building as a whole is judged by the quality of connections in its parts.... [tags: Construction, Architect, Architecture, Space]
803 words (2.3 pages)
- Having a sense of belonging is one of several fundamental human needs and national identity refers to a person’s sense of belonging to one country with its history, values and traditions. Since achieving independence in 1957, the issue of Malaysia’s national identity has been in the spotlight due to its strong social, political and economical factors implication. As a multi-cultural country, the search for a national identity is not an easy undertaking as Malaysians consist of different ethnics such as Malay, Chinese and Indian.... [tags: Architecture]
2174 words (6.2 pages)
- Career Bound I have always been interested in fixing things and trying to make things look better; even as a kid helping my dad in construction projects was so fun. It was my father who passed the trade down to me and the ease to try to work around certain problems. I might not always have made the proper choices within the field but found myself very interested in the work. Yes, I probably did not want to get out of bed to work in carpentry or painting some days but I really enjoy restoring, bringing structures back to life, and even building new ones from scratch.... [tags: Architecture]
1749 words (5 pages)
- In what ways and for what reasons have the architecture and designs of art museums and galleries evolved since the mid-twentieth century. In exploring and understanding this subject, one must study the history and development of individual museums and galleries, observing the exterior architecture as well as the internal design, and the reasons behind any developments or renovations done to the buildings. In addition to this the location of the museum must be considered, to see if the surrounding architecture influences any modernisation or extensions taken out on the buildings, as well as considering the expectations and ideas of different cultures, and how they might manipulate the evoluti... [tags: Architecture]
1586 words (4.5 pages)