Nepotism influences people’s work ethic; disadvantages in a working environment can out way the advantages of this cause. Many people have different views on the positive and negative results of Nepotism. Nepotism is a form of favoritism to a person based only on the connection with the person. For example someone could hire their family member but they may not be the best applicant. Nepotism has an idea based on giving something based off of value. Nepotism is not fair and should be banned from the world, and education. The sad thing is that nepotism seems to be very useful to people in the world today. If someone goes through life living of off family relationship, they are less willing to learn important skills that will help them in everyday hard working situations.
Nepotism isn’t just popular in family business or firms it is also being hugely used and talked about by National Congress men and how people have found a life style they have grown accustom to. This is something known as Nepotism. With the national members there is a permanent majority in congress that is completely happy with a current state of campaign financing towards their families (Kroft).Most think that it is illegal but that isn’t the case, it’s what’s legal. For congress if you have leadership packs with your family you can pay to hire your relatives (Kroft). For example Ron Paul has six relatives on a campaign payroll, paying them a total of 304,000 over two elections for them to stay hired because they are his family members and he is using Nepotism (Korft). It has been said that 75 Congress members have payed to have them work with them in the campaign (Kroft).
The negativity in working with Nepotism draws attention to the people who do not work ...
... middle of paper ...
...ve in a small business. Nepotism is intended to be negative but is positive in lots of ways also. Never underestimate the affects that Nepotism has on families and businesses. In today’s society you must hire the best qualified to help your business succeed, not just because they are family and you are expected too.
Kroft, . "Washingtons open secret." 60 minutes. CBS news, n.d. Web. 20 Nov 2013.
Nepotism:Negative or Nice ." Family Business Institute . Family Business Institute, n.d. Web. 14 Nov 2013.
"Nepotism." Reference for Business . Reference for Business , n.d. Web. 19 Nov 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Missions and Value Training This training mapped out the company’s approach to the way business will be conducted. This course was completed as required. S3 DSR Certification Training I attained certification to facilitate the S3 Direct Sales Course. This course teaches selling value over offers. Document Retention The document retention course which focused on properly securing documents has been completed. Excellence I consistently provide open and honest feedback about what is necessary for us to be successful.... [tags: work ethic, evaluation,]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Crime fiction is filled with interesting stories about every crime imaginable, and the various different types of detectives who try to solve these cases. With such a wide range of characters in this topic, there are various ways of the detective to actually solve the crimes that are the bases of the story. Each characters work ethic is completely different and is completely their own. While some traits may seem similar to others, each is its own character and is influences by a variety of things in the characters life.... [tags: crime fiction characters]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Views on formality, timeliness, group involvement, communication style and conflict resolution separate the U.S. American culture from Spanish influenced cultures in business settings. Though these cultures may be a world apart, changing demographics are bringing these cultures into a single world market. Many minority populations throughout the United States are projected to grow through 2050, including the population of those of Hispanic origin, which is expected to nearly triple (Martin, Nakayama 12).... [tags: Mexican Work Ethic 2014]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Work ethic is a set of values or belief based on moral attitude that hard work is worthy of reward. It also refers to the workers moral benefit based on one’s earnest and its ability to improve his capacity. Although the value has been changed throughout the history, society still has its expectation on workers that they should have a good work ethic in order to be selected for better position where it requires more responsibility, recognition of his contribution with higher wages. Contrary, society does not trust the workers, who do not meet the expectation, for being neglect his duties and fail to make contribution to his society.... [tags: Moral Attitude, Values, Hard Work]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- Employee is the most important asset in an organization. Good management of a company ensures all employees are treated with dignity. However, there are barriers that avoiding the situation from happening. One of them is nepotism. Nepotism which derived from Latin word “Nepot” can be defined as unprofessional act that shows favoritism to the relatives (Wikipedia, 2011). Nepotism usually occurs in business management and political affairs but what will be discussed here is nepotism in business company management.... [tags: Business Management]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Quality versus Quantity In the essay, “The Work Ethic, In A Modern Guise”, author Joanne B. Ciulla talks about how the modern style of working is different from the traditional and old work ethic, and how the young and coming generation does not want to work hard but instead wants instant results. The long lasting formula of working hard and performing seems to be fading away. Instead of mastering the subject, students care about the final results and brownie points. Moreover, Ciulla asserts that students engage in activities that pay-off well in the end rather than the excellence of the work.... [tags: modern style, traditional work ethics]
599 words (1.7 pages)
- I remember when my father sat me up on a table to wrap my sprained ankle after a bad fall in gymnastics. He lectured me while handing me crutches and pulled me back onto my feet. “You have to take it easy until it heals,” he said, as he continued to teach me how to properly apply my own bandages, ice my ankle and safely walk. This experience was not something new to me. As a family physician, my father’s job was to educate people on how to improve their health and the steps they could take to recover and return to their original lifestyles.... [tags: Hospital, Health care, Medicine]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- ... With the rate of layoffs increasing so does the national average of unemployment time being anywhere from 6 months to 24 months. Even though Unemployment benefits are offered not always necessarily a good thing. The help of the government financially to any citizen that was let go from their job not being their fault can only establish a comfort of being unemployed. Causing the effort of an individual to get a new job to decrease. The only good thing that has been able to come through the unemployment is something that to many sounds illogical which is the rise in rate production.... [tags: college, experience, know, hiring, qualification]
1619 words (4.6 pages)
- “Ms. GGGG, we are pleased to inform you of your 35% raise to your salary for this year’s pay. As per your hard work and dedication to our project, the business associates here at Google appreciate all you have done for our company.” Ahh. The sweet smell of success. After all of my diligence and stress over this project, I am finally able to be rewarded and it feels better than ever. None of my accomplishments would have been possible without that strict work ethic that had been implemented since the start of my internship.... [tags: sucess, american business, culture]
1772 words (5.1 pages)
- Anti-Nepotism and the Loss of Privacy Introduction When employees bring their personal problems to work and it affects their performance or the performance of others, clearly you can coach, counsel, warn, and ultimately terminate their employment. In cases where employees did not cause a problem at work but were fired merely because of an anti-nepotism policy, courts in some states found the employees had been discriminated against on the basis of marital status. Such policies penalize employees who are married, as compared to unmarried employees whose relationships are equally intimate.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
1799 words (5.1 pages)