None of the buildings on the street that I live on here in California have very big lawns, which contrasts dramatically with my old neighborhood because back in Connecticut most houses have almost an acre of land per house. There are multiple trees on my moms property and the backyard is basically up against a forest. Now there 's still a good amount of trees on the street I currently live on in here California, but much less and most of them are much smaller or are palm trees. The houses and apartment complexes are also much closer together here, as soon as you look at the pictures you can easily see it 's much more of an urban environment. It’s also very different being so close to everybody living in an apartment, everyone’s door is right next to each other, whereas living in Connecticut you 'd have to walk all the way across the street to knock on somebody’s door.
The next big difference is that my neighborhood in Connecticut actually has a name- it’s called Wells Quarter Village. On the othe...
... middle of paper ...
...alking down the street in my neighborhood in Connecticut I hardley pass anybody and not many cars go by, but if I do pass someone walking a dog or walking with thier child they always know me, smile, say hi, and ask how I am doing. Since moving here to West Hollywood it is clearly a much bigger city and people don’t know each other as well, so people will often, if not always pass by each other without saying hello and I 'm willing to guess many people don’t know who lives across the street from them. I think it’s because there are so many people passing by on the streets each day it would take forever for each person to say hello or introduce themselves to each other as they pass. I’m not saying that people here are less friendly because if you do to talk to people around here they are, in my opinion, warmer, kinder, and friendlier than people are on the East Coast.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Chaos Theory - Original Writing In a perfect, little, friendly neighborhood, everyone was out playing and laughing on a warm Saturday afternoon. Birds were chirping happily and nothing could possibly go wrong. The trees were as green as grass, the streets untouched, no litter, very clean and best of all, an excellent community. Betty the outgoing local shop owner, was happily selling sweets and chocolate to kids, and even helping an old lady into the store. But something wasn’t right.... [tags: Free Essays]
390 words (1.1 pages)
- Castle of the Creepers - Original Writing Dung, dung, dung, the clock tower screamed, the sound it let out was a catching tune, that filled the air for miles around, like the roar of a football stadium- the home team scoring. After the mysterious echo had vanished, a deadly silence loomed, deadly silence had fallen; the storm was just beginning to brew. The rich, silver-lined, 50p like full moon shone through the pitch black night sky, outlining the edges of the elderly castle.... [tags: Papers]
1521 words (4.3 pages)
- A Storm Story - Original Writing Usually I could have cared less about a the arrival of a hurricane. Many had come and gone causing little damage in their wake. This one though, with winds traveling upwards to one hundred and forty miles per hour, proved to be a force to be reckoned with. Hurricane Jeff had left a devastating path of destruction every where it went and made everyone fearful. It was large and it moved extremely slow, as if to relish its work. Many were killed so far and hundreds were still missing .... [tags: Papers]
712 words (2 pages)
- In Hiding - Original Writing From that day on, I lived, ate and washed in our small sinister cupboard under the rotting wooden staircase. It was the day that Britain declared war on Germany, since that day I have hated and despised anyone German, I could never forgive a nation that murdered my family and caused such devastation to my home land. I vividly remember visiting my aunt who was a little richer than us most weekends in the run up to the war; it was such a treat because she owned a black and white television.... [tags: Papers]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Original Writing: Short Story The weather was not unusual this morning. London had just received her share of rain for the year. The sky hinted the existence of the sun but dark gray clouds seemed to quench even the hope of such a splendor. It is February, month of sweethearts, ice cold days, and even colder nights. The month that all of London hoped would come soon, for it would mark the soon end of winter, the end to hibernation, when boys could finally once again be boys.... [tags: Papers]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- The neighborhood was full of busy people that would casually say “hello” and “goodbye”. Peter lived a few blocks away from where Mrs. Park passed away. I remember her as being a quiet person who kept to herself also, she was very passionate and caring about her family. He started delivering newspapers at the age of twelve. He frequently stops at her house because he needs to rest, beside he couldn’t resist her hot chocolate with whipped cream and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. In addition to that she told stories about her life with Jane, and she had beautiful pictures of her daughter and Lucy.... [tags: Family, Mother, Newspaper]
2259 words (6.5 pages)
- As I entered the Margeson Theatre, the first thing I thought of was how intimate it felt due to the Theatre being a thrust stage, in which the audience is located on three sides of the stage with it extending out from the center (Wilson, 77). Due to the accessibility of the stage, an audience member could simply walk onto the stage from their chair when trying to head out to the bathroom, which Martinez and Starr warned would cause them to become part of a dance or fight scene if they got up during the play.... [tags: Color, Light, White, Yellow]
1411 words (4 pages)
- Death, violence, and love were the three main components of my life. The love of money, cars, clothes, sex, and girls was what I lived for. But the love of attention cost me everything. The love to be in the “spotlight” and the love to have everything I wanted, everything that I thought I needed. But that is what cost me everything. The attention, the sex, the money, the cars, all of these things brought upon the violence and the deaths. These “loves” cost me the one person that I ever truly loved the most and the best out of everything.... [tags: Original Writing, Creative Writing]
1496 words (4.3 pages)
- Throughout my life I have been traveling to and from New York and it has pretty much became a regular part of my life. I have left and came back multiple times over the years, from going on vacations to moving for good, but the most significant time was when I was moving out of New York when I was a kid. My parents had a reason to move down to Philadelphia so they decided that’s what we were going to do. Since I was born here and spent most of my early childhood here, the thought of living somewhere else was strange to me, as it would for almost any kid at that age, and I didn’t really know how life would be like outside of the neighborhood where I’m from.... [tags: New York City, Manhattan, High school, Queens]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Narrative Essay It was a hot summer afternoon and all the neighborhood kids were getting off the bus. There is Destany and her two sisters Aleria and Kimoriah. They are my favorite out all the kids. I love to watch them play every day because it is like watching an episode of Fat Albert They are always doing something to make me laugh. There is also my niece Rihanna, she is the toughest in the neighborhood. She is the biggest and tallest of all the other kids. Then the boys Brayden known as Bray and Kimond known as KJ.... [tags: Mother, American films, Laughter, Sit-in]
1064 words (3 pages)