It’s not that easy to quit smoking cigarettes, it can be very hard especially for many people who have been smoking for years. Many people are addicted to this drug because of the nicotine that’s in the tobacco, which is very addictive. Nicotine is the most common word that most smokers use and is there excuse why they can’t stop saying “it’s so addicting”. Like heroin or other addictive drugs, the body and mind quickly become so used to the nicotine in cigarettes that a person needs to have it just to feel normal (Smoking). Nicotine is the main addictive ingredient in a cigarette that activates synthesis of a chemical called dopamine in the brain (Naturstopp). This is just one of the chemicals that are in a cigarette, there are over 599 more chemicals that are in a cigarette. To name a few there is acetone, ammonia, tar, benzene, cadmium, hydrogen cyanide, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen oxides etc (Naturstopp). Some of these chemicals might not seem harmful, but it’s the burning of these chemicals that produce toxic and carcinogenic compounds more than 4000 of them (Naturstopp). Smoking cigarettes can be devastating; especially with each inhale you exhale.
Many people start smoking for many reasons such as trying to be cool...
... middle of paper ...
... urges of needing a cigarette.
In conclusion if you want to live long and not have to deal with the health risk that is involved, do not even think to start smoking a cigarette. I am on the wrong track and not healthy and after all of this research I just might quit smoking cigarettes. Staying smoke-free will give you a whole lot more of everything, more energy, better performance, better looks, more money in your pocket, and in the long run more life to live (Smoking).
“Smoking” Kidshealth.org, The Nemours foundation, n.d web 14 April 2011
“Dangers of Smoking Cigarettes for Smokers” healthliteracy.worlded.org. Copyright 1995 by Marjorie Jacobs revised 1997, n.d web 14 April 2011
“Naturstopp” quit-smoking-aid.net, 2008 Naturstopp. All Rights Reserved, n.d 14 April 2011
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Society of all ages are drowning in tar like substances many call cigarettes. According to the U.S. national library of medicine the cigarette is the deadliest artefact in the history of human civilization. Cigarettes have been affecting all of society since the early 1500’s. (Proctor, 2013) Even though cigarettes take the edge off from reality; cigarettes are destructive to the smoker and peers surrounding because cigarettes are filled with harmful chemicals, expensive and are highly addictive.... [tags: Anti-Smoking Essays]
2250 words (6.4 pages)
- “Cigarettes destroy life. Toxic to the body. We are young generation. Confident for non-smokers.” This is motto of the Army Reserve Command to cultivate reserve officer training corps student and other youth to realize the harm of smoking. What is cigarette. cigarette under the Tobacco Act BE 2509 means that the tobacco or flavored tobacco, whether the drug or drugs to dry the compressed mixed or not. Which the cigarettes made with paper or object made instead of paper or dry tobacco or drug record.... [tags: Tobacco, Ban Cigarettes]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- Smoking cigarettes is the number one cause for cancer and heart diseases. Cigarettes were first viewed as socially acceptable and people who smoked them were viewed as “cool.” Little did they know, this fad of smoking cigarettes could eventually cost them a lung or worse, their life. Thanks to advertising on television and cigarette packages, over time people were made aware of the consequences of smoking cigarettes. Once these negative effects were made known to the public, cigarette sales dropped significantly and people’s health was restored.... [tags: Tobacco, Cigarette, Nicotine, Tobacco advertising]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- Smoking Cigarettes Effects Walking the streets of Baltimore, the smell of cigarettes was everywhere. I sat at the bus stop and this homeless guy was asking for change while smoking a cigarette. I looked at him and didn’t feel any remorse because he was smoking. I imagined giving him money I had then he will spend it on cigarettes and that will be a waste of my money. I got up and moves about ten feet away from the second hand smoke but then saw a guy selling cigarettes. He has a pack of cigarettes and he is selling two cigarettes for a dollar.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco, Tobacco smoking, Cigarette]
1318 words (3.8 pages)
- Every year cigarette smoking is responsible for 500,000 premature deaths (Nugel), you do not want to be just another statistic, do you. America’s first cash crop was tobacco. That means that tobacco has been around for a really long time. It was not until 1865, though, that cigarettes were sold commercially. They were sold to soldiers at the end of the Civil War (Dowshen). From then, cigarettes spread like wildfire, and it was not until 1964 that anyone made a stand about the negative effects of tobacco and cigarettes.... [tags: effects of smoking on health]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- Your life before your satisfaction: it is not just a quote, it is the warning we should take into account before acting. Everything in life begins based on our own decisions. What is correct or not. How we should live our life. How to invest our money. Or, more importantly, how is our health affected by decisions we make. Nowadays, there are various ways in which people choose to spend their lives, degrading their health consciously or unconsciously; the most common example we can mention is smoking.... [tags: Tobacco smoking, Cigarette, Nicotine, Lung cancer]
1052 words (3 pages)
- The numbers of people who smoke have increase over the years. Although they are equipped with the knowledge of how unhealthy smoking can be, people still choose to smoke. It is a personal choice and a highly addictive habit. Smokers choose to subject themselves to the health risks of smoking. It is not for the government or any third party to dictate whether or not a person should be allowed to smoke. However, smoking does not only affect the smoker negatively. It also affects all the people around those who smoke because when people smoke in pubic the smoke travels everywhere through the air, and the negative effects of this smoke affects all living, breathing creatures.... [tags: Smoking, Passive smoking, Lung cancer, Cigarette]
1649 words (4.7 pages)
- Coming from a family of smokers, I have been around my share of nicotine products. As a young kid seeing my father and other relatives smoking cigarettes, I was unable to make the connection that they are very detrimental to my health. Against almost all of my elders warnings and pleads, I managed to find myself addicted to nicotine. I began smoking cigarettes off and on in high school along with a majority of my friends. This made it even harder to try and stop considering I was surrounded by people who were all willing to give me one.... [tags: Smoking, Cigarette, Tobacco, Hookah]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Most specialists smoke in those days, correct. Along these lines, you ought to smoke cigarettes as well. In the event that specialists do it so might you be able to. However, is that the case in today 's general public. This particular notice is tending to the group of onlookers that smoking is alright in light of the fact that specialists are advancing that it is beneficial for you, and it will even upgrade your life; on the other hand, this is not genuine. In those days, individuals suspected that smoking a cigarette was not unsafe.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- Negative Consequences of Cigarette Smoking Everyone has a family member, friend, or co-worker who smokes. They have chosen to smoke, but by just being around them, many people are also smoking. Before one chooses to take this risk he should think what problems can he face because of it. There are many causes for smoking but effects of smoking are same. Smoking is a hazardous habit because it leads to addiction, disease, and high-risk pregnancy. Commercials show that smoking is a way to relax and to be cool by smoking cigarettes; they never show the negative side of it.... [tags: Cigarette Smoking Tobacco Addiction Essays]
560 words (1.6 pages)