An analysis of the number of Naxalites related incidents indicates that threat has been gradually growing up in the affected states. Please refer to chart 2 and 3 for Naxalites related incidents from 2004 to 2008 in Naxalites affected states.
The graph above shows the number of Naxalites related incidents from 2004 to 2008 in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtra and Orissa. In Andhra Pradesh, where security forces have been successful in beating back Naxalites, the Naxalites related inci-dents have been on the decline from 2006. In other states the situation either remain constant or on the rise. Chhattisgarh is the worst Naxalites affected state in the country, followed by Jharkhand, Bihar, Orissa, Maharashtra and West Bengal.
The threat from Naxalites has been gradually growing up in the urban areas. Naxalites are believed to be in the process of establishing bases composed of sleeper cells and frontal organizations, in and around Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. As per media sources the ninth Unity Congress of CPI (Maoists) held in February 2007 had resolved to take their struggle into urban areas. Similarly documents seized in Chhattisgarh revealed that Naxalites are expanding in urban areas by building frontal organizations...
... middle of paper ...
...y at-tempt to infiltrate any protests or agitations or demonstrations that take place against the govern-ment in urban areas. As per security analyst Naxalites played a significant role in causing distur-bances in places like Nandigram and Singur in West Bengal.
Bank Robbery – Naxalites have also been targeting banks to fund their activities. There have been several incidents of bank robbery in Naxalites infested areas. Please refer to text box below for in-stances of bank robberies in one of the Naxalites infested states of India.
Attacks and Killings – Naxalites are involved in attacks on police forces and killing of police inform-ers, politicians, landowners, and local businessmen. They are also involved in kidnapping for ransom activities. Priority targets for kidnapping are rich landlords, local businessmen, senior police officer, and local politicians.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The media has been a part of the daily life of the American people for the longest time, because of this fact, the media influences the decisions and views of how people should live. One big part of the media that tends to start to develop a sense of how the day-to-day American should live is Disney. Since kids are the main source of Disney’s billion dollar industry children have become an important dimension of the social theory (Giroux 1999: 65). “Within this context, television emerges as a consumer-oriented medium that reflects advertisers’ desire to reach a young, upscale, and primarily White audience” (Goodale1999; Henderson and Baldasty 2003: 100).... [tags: Media Influence Essays]
1179 words (3.4 pages)
- Power and influence rule the world, and some people have more than others. The ways a person can gain power or influence are money, who they know and are related to, and their actions. Influence can be used to secure more power or maintain a person’s current level of power. There are several individuals who hold power and influence, while other people do not. There are several reasons as to why this is the case, such as money and the scale influence is being measured on. People with money have access to near unlimited power, and those without it have less of a chance of persuading someone to give themselves an item.... [tags: money, action, influence]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- The media is everywhere and takes up a great deal of people’s everyday lives. People depend on the media to provide them with information that would otherwise be hard to get. The people of society also use the media to communicate with friends, family, and people from all around the world. Also, the media serves as a means for entertainment. Businesses use the media as a way to advertise their products. The media affects society in many different ways; such as, businesses use the media to promote their products, the media effects communication, and the media affects body image and behavior of people in society.... [tags: Media Influence]
1762 words (5 pages)
- Introduction Personality and attitude are both internal factors (inner characteristics) that influence a consumers’ behaviour. Research has been done on these internal factors and researchers have come to the conclusion that inner characteristics are those characteristic that distinguish one individual from another such as mannerisms. Some research implies that early childhood experiences and dual influence of genetics can have an influence on the development of one’s personality; other implies that personality develops over time and thus does the social and environment have an influence on one’s personality (Shiffman & Kanuk, 2010:136).... [tags: internal factors, rosseau, social influence]
1496 words (4.3 pages)
- Throughout the past years Hip Hop and Rap artist use their music to express their views, opinions, and how they are feelings in their songs. From the artist lyrics some will have an understanding of what the artist is talking about because either they have done the same things or is having the same problem. The first amendment of the constitution is freedom of speech and that is all the artist is doing. Although there are many people saying rap music should be concealed because it spread a negative influence on the youth.... [tags: hip hop, rap, music, influence, ]
635 words (1.8 pages)
- Imagine what the world would be like if when people came home from school or work, they were not able to sit in front of their television and watch their favorite shows. This would be hard to think about considering that not a day goes by that people don’t use some form of media. Media is used to obtain information and watch entertainment. There are many forms of this, and some include newspapers, the Internet, television, and so much more. While there are obviously many great benefits to the growth of media, there are some undeniable and harsh downsides.... [tags: Electronic Media, Influence]
2044 words (5.8 pages)
- The Influence of the Supernatural in William Shakespeare's Macbeth Dramatic impact is the effect on the audience. 'Macbeth' is a play designed to be performed for and to involve the audience. Dramatic influence is the way supernatural has effect upon the characters in the play. In Shakespeare's time, most people believed in witches and witchcraft and they were the objects of morbid and fevered fascination. Persecution reached terrifying proportions. Between 1560 and 1602, hundreds of people, mostly women, were convicted as witches and were executed.... [tags: Dramatic Impact Influence Macbeth]
2195 words (6.3 pages)
- You do it without even knowing. Everyday you are influenced by the media, when you wake up, one of the first things you will do, and I speak from experience because I do it my self, you will look at your mobile phone, turn the TV on, turn the sleeper timer on your radio or check your emails. It doesn't seem like much but already straight away in your lives you're being influenced. After that it doesn't stop. you go to the kitchen and get some food, and I can almost be 100% sure when I say that there will be a product in that kitchen of yours that has been or is endorsed by a well known celebrity.... [tags: The Role and Influence of Mass Media]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- How to Win Friends and Influence People - A Personal Analysis “The more you get out of this book, the more you’ll get out of life.” This is the claim that Dale Carnegie makes in reference to his book, How to Win Friends and Influence People. Carnegie proposes that there are four main ideas that one should use when dealing with people: 1) Know how to handle people, 2) Make people like you, 3) Win people to their way of thinking, and 4) Be a leader. These skills are essential not only in being a good manager, but also in dealing with people in day to day life.... [tags: Win Friends Influence People Essays]
2463 words (7 pages)
- Throughout my life, I have been socialized to politics in a number of ways. First, the 1996 election comes to mind as the first political event I experienced. Second, the people that I am around on a day to day basis, mostly my parents, have had an affect on my socialization to politics. Third, some of the groups that I am part of have influenced how my ideas and opinions involving politics have developed. Other factors that have affected my socialization to politics include how much politics is talked about at my home, the activity of my parents in politics, and even such things as television and newspapers.... [tags: Personal Narrative Influence Politics]
1663 words (4.8 pages)