Natural Choice has performed extensive research to develop and market natural pet products in the United States (U.S.) market. A review of the company strategy along with a SWOT analysis will discuss Natural Choices strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. Looking at variables of the marketing mix will help Natural Choice Pets determine the best strategy to satisfy customers and distributers in the targeted market.
Natural Choice will develop organic pet food and treats for dogs and cats properly pH balanced for optimal pet health. An alkaline pH of 7.6 or higher improves kidney and liver function, improves oxygen flow, and can help cancer cells to become dormant (Cancer Cures, Body pH and Your Diet, 2014). Natural Choice will contain alkaline ingredients such as bison, venison, cold-water fish or chicken, and fruits, vegetables, oils, grains, and legumes to support optimal health. Products will have no more than eight ingredients, making it easy for consumers to discern contents and will exclude fillers, chemicals, and artificial colors. The food will meet the Association of American Feed Control Officials nutritional requirements as required by law (AAFCO, 2014).
In the United States (U.S.), there are over 56.7 million dogs and 45.3 million cat owners who spend over $13.72 billion in pet food alone (APPA, 2014). Natural Choice’s target is the natural pet products space estimated to reach $7 billion in 2014 (Pet Food Industry, 2014). The initial goals of Natural Choice is to launch a company website that will engage consumers to learn more about products and improving overall health. Smaller pet retailers such as Pet Club, Choice Pet Markets, and oncology veteri...
... middle of paper ...
...hase on-line can set up a monthly drop-ship, receiving 5% off purchases, and receive every eleventh bag free.
Marketing strategy for Natural Choice will be through social media, website, weekly print ads in pet circulars and attendance at local and regional pet events. Natural Choice will donate 2% of every bag sold to pet cancer charities each quarter. Complimentary two-ounce samples will be available at retail outlets to introduce products into the market along with a coupon for $5.00 off any size bag.
Natural Choice’s research and strategy will aid their entry into the competitive natural pet food market space. The established marketing mix will help them focus on key areas important to succeed. However, while strategies will evolve over time, Natural Choice knows adapting to changing marketing conditions is an important ingredient to success.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It can be hard to search for a healthy pet food alternative for your pets to benefit from and enjoy. It’s a lot easier with a pet supply company that is reaching out to market and fulfill the needs and wants of its customers looking for their pet’s best choice of food. The Company makes an all-natural pet food line for cats and dogs, which is made in the United States. They serve a unique product that provides a healthy and additive-free dinner solution that pets love. With multiple flavors and a money-back guarantee, their food line is launching a new product called Pet’s Choice, where a Pet’s Choice is always met.... [tags: Marketing, Want, Need, Target market]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- The SNHU pet food store has been successful for over 10 years, seeing the demand for all natural ingredients for pet food they decided to launch new line of all natural pet food. “Only Natural Pet Food” will be offered at all three location and online. Healthy choices is in demand right now. Thus, allowing SNHU pet food store to launch this new product line to the healthy lifestyle consumers that want the same for their pets. In the meantime, providing the same quality and outstanding service they are used too.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Target, Dog]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- Parents often wonder what makes a good first pet. Hamsters are often the first choice while its close relative the guinea pig is often overlooked. While both creatures are loveable, the bigger guinea pig makes a better pet for children. At a pet store the guinea pig will cost roughly three times as much as a hamster. If cost is a large concern, pigs and hamsters alike can be adopted for little to no cost and sometimes come with free cages. Naturally, the guinea pig as the larger rodent will need a bigger cage; however, after putting all sorts of tubes on a hamster cage they will take up about the same amount of space and the hamster cage could end up costing a bit more than that of the pig’... [tags: Pets]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- The Marketing Environment and Consumer Choice Date Introduction One of the best ways of improving corporate image in the automobile industry is by ensuring that the industry satisfy the needs of consumers. These needs would include the utility derived from their product, the safety assurance of the brands and the overall best performance in the lifetime assessment as for the environmental effects. There is a global concern over the carbon dioxide emission in the Automobile industry and the consumers are now given a chance to adopt a lifestyle that is caring to the environment.... [tags: Marketing ]
2135 words (6.1 pages)
- Pets can be very both physically and emotionally beneficial to their owners. Living with and caring for them can also be a great experience and very entertaining. Even browsing YouTube, thousands of pet owners record their little friend's amusing tricks and humorous incidents to share with the world. Although these videos or pictures can encourage your desire for a similar companion, many details to keeping an animal of that sort may not be evident. There is a huge variety of species available, from tarantulas to munchkin cats, with many ways to obtain them, but not everyone can handle a giant arachnid or endure changing kitty litter.... [tags: Pets]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- My education, research experience, and personal interests make the Master of Science in Marketing at Concordia University the right choice in my pursuit of achieving my career goals. I became interested in the field of marketing after being introduced to key marketing techniques in a social psychology class. Earning a master’s degree will provide me with the essential marketing knowledge and skills to distinguish myself in a competitive employment market, and it would allow me to pursue my career as a consultant in consumer insight.... [tags: Psychology, Marketing, Bachelor's degree]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- Have you ever thought about if your puppy is getting high quality ingredients in his or her dog food. This advertisement for Nutro Natural Choice for puppies appeals to consumers’ need to nurture and escape. This ad convinces consumers that with this dog food their puppy can grow up to be healthy and more. This ad appears in the February 2011 issue of Country Living magazine. The cover features a white living room in shades of creams and ivories. On the cover teasers state such things as, “The Simple Beauty of White,” “How to mix and match neutrals,” “Easy ways to add drama with texture,” and “Comfort Food, Mashed potatoes.... [tags: Advertisement Analysis, Dog Food]
599 words (1.7 pages)
- Simin Ling Professor Taylor Harrison Rhetoric 105 23 April 2016 Raising pets helps kids to be considerate Have you ever had a pet. As we know, more and more families have pets in their homes nowadays regardless of which country. Data showed an estimated 82.5 million U.S. households own at least one pet in their home. The American Pet Products Association, which is also called APPA, claimed that pet ownership by household in the U.S. has risen from just 56% in 1988, when the first APPA National Pet Owners Survey was conducted, to 68% as of 2013-2014.... [tags: Dog, Pet, Pets, Ownership]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Would you like to live a happy and productive life. Then get pets. I must admit it is hard to believe that domesticated animals can promote mental and physical health, but many studies have shown that they can. People who own pets have been known to lead longer and happier lives than those without them. As we get older, we become less active. The more inactive we become, the higher our risk of death. We therefore need something in our lives to keep us busy so we don’t die prematurely, and a pet is just the thing to do it.... [tags: Pets Animals]
444 words (1.3 pages)
- Markering Introduction Steve Case founded America Online (AOL) in pre-Internet days when the networking of various computer systems was rather informal and difficult for all but the highly computer-literate to accomplish. His goal was to make accessing these networks easy enough for anyone to manage. Though AOL has changed dramatically since those days, ease of use has remained a primary consideration in all changes visible to the user. Much maligned by the more "serious" services (and their subscribers) in the past, AOL has risen to be the industry leader despite challenges and the image of being the J.R.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing BTEC Coursework]
576 words (1.6 pages)