There are many ghost stories that people around the world report about every day; however, there is one story that is known widely. The story about the killing in Amityville, Long Island is a horror story some people could never forget. In 1974 the DeFeo family was shot and killed with a high-powered rifle by Ronald (Butch) DeFeo Jr. The victims were his father Ronald DeFeo, 43, his mother, Louise, 24, two brothers John, 9, and Mark, 12, and two sisters Allison, 13 and Dawn, 18. After killing his own family Butch went to a neighborhood watering hole and screamed “Somebody shot my mother and father.” (Bovsun) Some regulars who were at the watering hole rushed to the house to investigate. When they arrived to the house the only sign of life was the family sheep dog who was barking uncontrollably. When they went inside the house they found his parents in bed with two bullets in the back of their heads. His brothers and sisters were also found shot and face down, with no sign of struggle. (Bovsun)
At first people felt sorry for the young man who just lo...
... middle of paper ...
...e direction, the table moved! This same concept applies to the Ouija Board. (Moore)
All of the theories that scientists have proved about ghosts to prove that ghost do not exist make sense to a millions of people who don’t believe in ghosts or spirts. And although scientists will do whatever it takes to prove that ghosts are not scientifically real, how do they prove something that can’t even be explained?
Millions of people around the world believe in ghosts, spirts, and haunted houses, including myself. There has been thousands of reports stating were people have seen, heard, or even felt the presence of a ghost. Although ghosts might be one of the hardest things to prove that are actually real in our world today, the experiences people say they have been through make myself and millions of other people a strong believer in what you call “paranormal activity.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “A Haunted House” by Virginia Woolf is a short story about a ghostly couple that are wandering around the home they lived in before they died, searching for something they lost. They move round the house as quietly as they can without waking the new owners. The owner does not awaken, but subconsciously begins to wander and get confused along with the ghost. they enter the drawing room the word “safe” is chanted multiple times, allowing the couple to feel at ease and know that their search was not in vain and what they yearn for is safe.... [tags: Ghost, Paranormal, Haunted house, Ghosts]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- Assignment two Through many centuries, ghosts are the mystery things which easy attract public attentions and some have been recorded in the documents. They are well known as some sort of the unintelligible energy imprint which has remained imprisoned upon environment. On the other hand, others believe that they have seen ghosts which are the disembodied spirits of humans and animals that once walked the face of this Earth. There are so many questions that what is ghost and how to explain that many people have seen ghosts over time.... [tags: Scientific method, Theory, Evidence, Experiment]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- Introduction Paranormal activity better known as parapsychology is the scientific study of interaction between living organisms and their external environment that seem that seemed to transcend the known physical laws of nature (The Rhine, 2013). According to (Nichols, 2011) parapsychology was studied over 100 years and in that time amassed thousands of cases studies and formal experiments in order to better understand these non-ordinary realms. In the study of paranormal activity, they have been studying them in lavatories.... [tags: paranormal activity, parapsychology]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- All houses are haunted; all persons are haunted; throngs of spirits follow us everywhere, we are never alone. Every county has they own haunted places some more known than others. I know this very personally because I live less than 100 yards from one of those haunted places, Marsh Road. I will take you on an adventure though Wisconsin’s past and present gulls and goblins that will sure give you a new look on Wisconsin. The haunted places in Wisconsin are worth learning about. Do you know what the closet haunted places to you are.... [tags: spirits, haunted roads, paranormal activities]
2052 words (5.9 pages)
- FEAR: Enjoyment Within Haunted Houses Human beings are diverse in what they like, dislike, and share with each other. As reality has shown human beings have emotions that either tell one to laugh or run away. Emotions are not usually controlled and when one has an opposite reaction to the emotion present it creates a question about why. Fear, for instance, is an emotion that usually elicits a fight or flight response. When fear elicits enjoyment, something deeper about our emotions are at work.... [tags: Scientific method, Research, Psychology]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- “Do ghosts really exist?” This question has always been unanswered. Usually the word paranormal conjures up the image of ghosts. TV shows like “Ghost Hunters” and “Paranormal Cops” investigate haunted houses and speak with ghosts. Although they take pictures and record voices of ghosts, doubt always occurs. Parapsychologist Brian Schill says, “Paranormal events/experiences happen to people more often than they would be comfortable knowing about it.”Researchers believe that a person’s mental health may possibly cause paranormal manifestations (Schill).... [tags: Haunted Houses, Technological Advances]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- Some say Savannah, Georgia is the most haunted town in America. There are homes, cemeteries, and even restaurants that are believed to be haunted. This leads to there being several Savannah, Georgia ghost tours . Some are by foot, some have transportation, but all provide fright seeing. Here are some of the ghost tours available. As the most haunted city in America, Savannah, Georgia 's ghost tours will share with you some of the ghastly details pertaining to the many haunted locations found in Savannah.... [tags: Ghost, Haunted house, Paranormal, Ghosts]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- "Ghosts" is in essence, everything one could look for in a mystery detective story. It has a plot rife with confusion. It keeps the names simple. It keeps the characters simple. It keeps the background simple as well. Plus it throws the reader straight into the thick of things. But then in the end, the whole scheme winds up being a farce. The story one the reader thought they had been getting into at the beginning is just a mask for the real plot. It turns out that it really is not a detective story, but a story about obsession.... [tags: Detective Ghosts Analysis]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- The Haunted Palace “The Haunted Palace” is one of Edgar Allen Poe’s mysterious and phantasmagoric poems. Written in the same year as “The Devil in the Belfry,” and included in his short story “The Fall of the House of Usher,” “The Haunted Palace” is another tale of innocence and happiness now corroded with sorrow and madness. It is fairly easy to say that “The Haunted Palace” is a metaphor for Poe’s own ghostly troubled mind, more than it is about a decaying palace. For in 1839, it was found in a book that the main character in “The Fall of the House of Usher” comes across.... [tags: Poe Haunted Palace Essays]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- Ghosts Have you ever heard strange creaks or groans that you can't seem to explain. Have lights flick on or off without anyone touching a switch. Maybe you've felt cold blasts of air even when all the windows were shut, or your dog suddenly starts barking for no apparent reason. If any of these things have happened then there could be reason to believe that ghosts are part of the situation. Billions of people report ghost visitations every year, and to not accept the fact that there might be other beings in the world is extremely ignorant of mankind.... [tags: Papers]
713 words (2 pages)