Cloud Computing is a type of computing that relies on sharing computing resources rather than having local servers or personal devices to handle applications (Cloud Computing).That is basically saying that instead of relying on local server of personal device The Cloud stores the application through the internet where there is a larger place to store different applications. There are several things that many people might not know about The Cloud such as, how did Cloud Computing started, how dose Cloud Computing work, the different types of The Cloud, and the advantages and disadvantages about Cloud Computing.
The underlying concept of Cloud Computing dates back to the 1950s, when large-scale mainframe computers became available in academia and corporations. (Cloud Computing). Jump forward 40 years, in the 1990s telecomunnunications companies began offering virtual private networks services with comparable quality of service but at a cheaper price. In 2008 Gartner saw a chance for Cloud Computing “to shape relationship and communication among IT services consumers and those who sell and use IT services. IBM announced IM smart cloud framework in 2011 to support Smarter Planet. There are many other things that have happened during the evolution of Cloud Computing these are just a few of the more major events that happened.
A person may ask how Cloud Computing works, is a very good question. Let’s first attempt to try and understand what the term “Cloud” refers to, which it mostly means there are a grid of computers serving as architecture to deliver software and data. Most websites and server-based applications run on particular computers or servers, where the applications can run independently from particular co...
... middle of paper ...
...at the different types of Cloud Computing services such as architecture, private, public, and hybrid, and finally the many advantages and disadvantages about Cloud Computing. The only true question is, who has their head up in The Cloud and who is still on the ground?
Cloud Computing. n.d. 19 November 2013
Cloud Computing. 19 November 2013. 19 November 2013
How Cloud Computing Works. 2008. 21 November 2013
How does Cloud Computing Work? [ Technology Explained]. 15 March 2010. 20 November 2013
Synergy: Cloud Computing services. n.d. 21 November 2013
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- An upgrade to cloud technology over the United States will potentially affect its workplace. It will lead to an increase in job creation all over the world, mostly due to its implementation at various institutions and companies globally and via many other services that will emerge to enhance or regulate this technology. In comparison to the initial machined technology, cloud computing offers instant delivery, simple & customizable usage, easy accessibility, cost reduction, thus increasing efficiency and demand and its wide range of acceptability.... [tags: Cloud Technology, United States, Job Creation]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- Abstract - Cloud storage provides users to easily store their data and enjoy the cloud applications need not install in local hardware and software system. In cloud computing, data is moved to a remotely located cloud server. Many users place their data in the cloud and so data integrity is very important issue in cloud storage. In this paper a flexible distributed storage auditing mechanism, using the homomorphism token and distributed erasure coded data and it support to ensure the correctness and availability of users’ data in the cloud.... [tags: Cloud computing, Data management]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Cloud computing security or cloud security is a growing sub-domain of network security, computer security and more broadly information security. It refers to a set politics, technologies and controls deployed to protect the data, applications and the associated infrastructure of cloud computing. Cloud computing importance is increasing and gaining scientific attention and industrial communities. Cloud computing is one among the top 10 most important technologies and with a better prospect in successful companies and organizations.... [tags: cloud computing, cloud security, private cloud]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- 1. Introduction Global cloud computing market is expected to grow rapidly due to its efficiency and innovativeness. This technology has been regarded as one of the top priorities for businesses to be efficient in terms of cost cutting, resource utilisation, employee communication, etc (Carcary, 2014). It is forecasted by Analyst group Forrester that the cloud computing market is predicted to increase from £22.5bn in 2011 to approximately £96.6bn by 2020. The definition of cloud computing from US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is one of the most widely and frequently known; “A model for enabling ubiquitous, convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of confi... [tags: Cloud computing, Everything as a service]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Explain how the implementation of cloud computing relates to an organisations strategy and how it could affect a company’s value chain. Use a recent announcement by a company to illustrate your explanation. Present your answer in essay format (word guide 1000 - 1200 words). = Cloud computing refers to both the applications delivered as services over the Internet and the hardware and systems software in the data centers that provide those services (Armbrust et al., 2010). The advantages of cloud computing include remote access to data and services, Software as a service (SaaS) Business models, remove internal costs with managed services, enjoy easy up scaling of data requirements Advantag... [tags: Cloud computing, Everything as a service, Risk]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Amazon is constantly searching for opportunities to meet their needs of their customers. They are centered around the customer problem, how the current solutions fail, and how the new product will blow away existing solutions. Amazon has maintained a strategic focus of staying true to what it’s founder, Jeff Bezos, says are customer constants (Mochari, n.d.). Customers are going to continue to want low prices, quick delivery, and a vast selection. Amazon is targeting a gigantic market and it is growing faster than any of its competitors.... [tags: Mattel, Toy, Cloud computing, Barbie]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- Cloud Computing 1. Cloud Computing Defined Cloud computing is defined to be the use of computer programs and applications, to access information, storage, that is not stored locally on a computer’s hard drive, but rather over the Internet. There are five defining characteristics to cloud computing. Cloud computing allows users to have almost no interaction with the service provider. For example, when we use Google Drive, a web application similar to Microsoft Office, we can do so without ever having to contact the service provider, Google.... [tags: Cloud Computing Defined, Computer Programs]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- Is your mind cluttered with precious memories and brilliant ideas. Why not store it in the cloud. In the beginning were humans and humans were computers. Even a simple mathematical calculation and a tiny storage of data would consume huge processing power of the human brain. With the passage of time, crunching of information became simpler with the advent of computers and storage of information became easier with the introduction of cloud services but these developments threaten the way humans live and work.... [tags: cloud computing, www]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- Discussion 2.1 Definition of Cloud Computing Cloud computing are functions that are provided as a service. Cloud computing is a form where Input and Output(I/O) operations take place in terminal device such as workstations, smartphones, tablets. However, information analysis, processing, storage, management and distribution of operations takes place in the third space called the cloud. Software and data are typically stored on the server in the cloud. However, the users only have their device as temporary storage for the duration of use.... [tags: definition, cloud computing, services]
1887 words (5.4 pages)
- According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), cloud computing is referred to as a model for enabling convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configuration computing resources that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction. The following paper will discuss the meaning of cloud computing, the major providers, benefits of adoption, pitfalls of adoption, current trends in the business community, and current application within the business community.... [tags: Cloud Services]
2148 words (6.1 pages)