Being an ENFP means that I can connect with others and work with them easily. This personality type helps with the classroom/working environment and collaborating with classmates/ co-workers on projects. ENFPs are centered around an ongoing goal to help others. This means that they are loyal and inspirational. People will usually get along with people with this personality type because we will do anything to help others. Negatives of being an ENFP are that we tend to not put our needs first. We will stay in bad relationships for a longer time to prevent hurting the other person, even when both parties are aware that the relationship is bad. We tend to be unrealistic with our goals which could lead to disappointment when our goals are not fulfilled. We also don’t do well with criticism which could limit our success if we can’t take the advice we our being given in a positive, resourceful manner. ENFPs also tend to be so caring about others and their feelings that they become smothering and overpowering in relationships.
There are two celebrities with the personality type ENFP that I believe represent the type very well in their own ways. The first celebrity ENFP is Walt Disney. Dis...
... middle of paper ...
...believe that I would become a lot more successful.
Overall the description of ENFP fits me well. I obtain most of the traits that a typical ENFP possesses and are aware of them on a daily basis. I am positively and negatively affected by my personality traits, but for the most part I am benefited by being an ENFP. I have been aware for a long time of the negative traits I acquire and work very hard to keep the effects of them to a minimum. I was very surprised in my research of an ENFP personality type because I found myself realizing the traits that I do possess and how they play out in real world problems. I also discovered some traits that were less dominating in my personality but are still present in certain situation. I believe that the description of an ENFP personality fits me very well and I agree with the outcome of the Myers Briggs Personality Assessment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- After completing the Myers-Briggs Personality Type Assessment, I learned that my personality type is ENTJ, and this type makes up about 4% of the U.S. population. Surprisingly, I found that some of the richest persons of the world like Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Jim Carrey are ENTJ’s as well. To me, people having the ENTJ type are born to be leaders, for they know how to inspire people to follow their ideas, but they do not know how to essentially work with other people’s emotions. ENTJ stands for Extravert, Intuitive, Thinking and Judging.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
700 words (2 pages)
- After taking the Myers Briggs Personality Assessment I was labeled an ENFP. An ENFP is extraverted, intuitive, feeling, and perceiving. These qualities make up a person with traits like energetic, outgoing, and good with people. ENFPs are in touch with themselves and have a strong sense of where they want to go in the future which also helps them get what they want. They can typically work logically and rationally, working backwards towards a set goal. ENFPs have both negative and positive traits that I know I possess and demonstrate fairly often.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- The four-letter type and temperament traits are measured by the Myers Briggs Personality Assessment. The assessment is a list of questions that is rated to determine your personality traits. This paper will discuss the validity of my four-letter type and temperament traits according to the Myers Briggs Personality Assessment. I will discuss each letter of my personality type and how they work together. There are different weaknesses that exist with each personality trait. We can use our personality traits to improve our overall performance on a day to day basis, as well as within our work life.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- PA #3: Personality Assessment Take the test: http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test. 1. Results. Write up your result (the letters and the full typology) and your interpretation of the meaning of your result (do not copy and paste what the assessment gives you). - I have a Protagonist Personality (ENFJ – -A/-T) - I love people. Since I am 81% extroverted, I gain energy from being with others and seek to make the people I love happy and one of my greatest joys is to see those I love succeed and have their dreams come true (16 Personalities, 2017).... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment, which will be referred to as MBTI throughout this report, was first developed by Isabel Briggs Myers and her mother, Katherine Cook Briggs (Neubert 53). The MBTI is based on the psychological type theory of Carl Jung (Neubert 53). In answering the questions of the Myers-Briggs Personality Assessment, I was able to find out that I am an ESFJ type personality (Humanmetrics). The first letter in my psychological profile is an E. The E is reflective of my extraversion type personality (Neubert 53).... [tags: Personality psychology]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- Personality Personality is the combination of characteristics and qualities that forms an individual 's character. It 's the way individuals interact and react with each other. Theories suggest that personalities can be the results of heredity (biological, physiological, or inherent) or environmental (culture, society, or media). Over the years, personality and assessment frameworks have been developed to shade some light on how our behavior is linked to our personalities. Because personality is a set of individual differences that are effect the behavior of an individual, Briggs Type Indicator and the Big Five Personality Model has been designed to help provide a better understanding perso... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- MBTI Assessment: Upon taking the Myers-Briggs assessment, I received the type ISFJ, which means I am Introvert (50%), sensing (1%), feeling (47%) and judging (28%). I in most ways agree with this test. I have done some research on ISFJ in the past because I have taken this test before and already knew my type. ISFJ’s are very giving, love to serve others, they have a need to be needed and this describes me completely. They are defenders or nurtures and have a tendency to be introverts. ISFJ’s live in a world of kindness.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- Upon completion of the 16 Personalities personality assessment my results revealed to me that my personality type is “Executive Personality (ESTJ, -A/ -T) (Neris Analytics Limited, 2017)”. ESTJ, -A/ -T stands for Extravert, Sensing, Thinking, Judging. Executive type personalities are those individuals that use tradition and order throughout all of what they do. The values of honesty, dedication and dignity are very important for individuals with this personality type. Executives usually counsel or advise other people.... [tags: Leadership, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- How many of you remember what the Myers-Briggs personality assessment is. (pause) It was one of the assessments we took back in September as part of this class. The results of the assessment are 4 letters that explain parts of your personality. How many of you remember what your personality type is. Today, I am going to give you an overview of the specific types and the benefits of understanding your own type. According to the official Myers-brigs website MBTIonline.com, published by CPPinc. 2016, Swiss psychologist Carl Jung first developed the idea of personality types.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- I have chosen the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment as well as the Standout Strengths Assessment to analyze and evaluate my leadership capabilities. Many class lectures, materials, discussions and exercises have been vital in my personal analysis. My interactions with my teammates, and inputs from my family members have helped me understand my strengths and shortcomings. Furthermore, I have read a couple of books on leadership, which helped me analyze the results of my assessments. As determined by the MBTI test I have an ESFJ personality [Extroverted Feeling Sensing Judgment].... [tags: Leadership, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
1168 words (3.3 pages)