Have you ever thought when you were a child what you wanted to do when you become older, well I did, I always wanted to be a teacher. From the first day of child care I loved learning. Waking up every morning to go to the child care center to see my friends and teachers, to learn new words and play games, learning has always been in my blood. Looking back at my achievements and report cards from school I see that I was always doing good or I learned fast to improve in places I needed help. This leads to my goals now, where do I see myself in five years?
In five years, I would like to have completed my bachelor’s degree and have started working in my field, If I haven’t already. My major is education, elementary and special education. Working with children, but more like being a teacher has always been my passion. The look on their faces and how they react to learning something new is what I loved about children and that’s what made me want to be a teacher. Going to school and learning myself was never a problem with me. I got up early each day for school because ...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Millennium Development Goals were first agreed upon in 2001 by world governments as an initiative to end world poverty, facilitate development, and improve living standards and life chances across the globe within fifteen years. Since that deadline has passed, the goals were revamped and nine new goals have been added with a new target year of 2030. The new goals expand on the original eight to address issues relating to gender equality and the root causes of poverty (Ford). End poverty in all forms everywhere and achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls are two of the 17 proposed millennium development goals that UN member nations want to achieve by 2030.... [tags: United Nations, Millennium Development Goals]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Setting goals for myself each school year is a priority for me. Each year there is always something new that is offered, and like every year this one is no different. However, compared to previous years more people have been introduced into my life. My first college semester goals are to escape my social comfort zone, to be more active with the school and clubs, to continue to work hard on homework, and to also continue to lift weights. I walked into high school knowing many people because of football in middle school.... [tags: High school, College, A Great Way to Care]
925 words (2.6 pages)
- As people grow up, they begin to form personal ambitions, whether they are in a future career, losing a certain amount of weight, vacationing to a new place, passing an exam, or even planning to buy a home they wish to own one day. When a person is seriously adamant in accomplishing their ambitions; they become goals. Goals are a personal set of achievements, which an individual wishes to succeed in. Some take more time to accomplish, because they require more work and another may not. In order to completely accomplish a goal, a person must have determination, have a caring support system, and learn from their own downfalls.... [tags: High school, Extracurricular activity, Education]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- Five-Year Career Development Plan Introduction: Career development is a continuous process of handling proactively work and changes in life in order to move forward and reach the goals set for a better future. It involves learning new skills, moving up in the position within the organization or altogether moving to new organization or even starting up a new business. A career development plan is created to set goals and how to reach these goals using your talents and skills in the working world.... [tags: personal goals]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- A gap year is a year off of academics, which provides time to explore interests and help determine career choices, containing both positive and negative aspects to consider. A gap year can be spent in a several ways from internships, working, volunteering, or traveling and exploring interests. It can provide students with life impacting traits that can provide a better future and greater outlook on life. If taken seriously, a gap year can have many positive effects on education and the motivation to continue school.... [tags: The Gap Year Abroad]
3792 words (10.8 pages)
- The Sustainable Development Goals are a set of global agendas set by the United Nations to be achieved by the year 2030. They are a continuation of the Millennium Development Goals, set-up through the Millennium Deceleration in 2000 to address the needs of the world poor (Cite UN). The Millennium Development goals included a set of eight simply stated goals with 21 targets and 48 indicators to measure progress (Murray, 2015). Amongst them- reducing child mortality (MDG 4), improving maternal health (MDG 5) and combating HIV-AIDS, malaria and other diseases (MDG 6)- were specifically aimed at improving health.... [tags: Millennium Development Goals, United Nations]
1406 words (4 pages)
- Sustainable Development Goals The year 2000 marked the beginning of the Millennium Development Goals, a 15-year plan to combat poverty, child mortality and disease, as well as promote primary education, gender equality, maternal health, environmental sustainability, and global partnerships worldwide. (United Nations, 2015, pp. 4-7) In the year 2015, the United Nations Development Program created an additional seventeen goals with 169 accompanying targets, to build upon and continue the success of the Millennium Development Goals.... [tags: Millennium Development Goals, United Nations]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- A person needs to achieve certain goals in one's life before you can call them successful. Success is to achieve goals, you have set. I have set certain goals I would like to achieve in my lifetime. Some of these goals are personal while others are professional. My professional goals in life are to find a good job that makes me happy, get a good education, find a job that makes enough money for me to support my family, and help people. Goals it is very important for me to receive a good education.... [tags: Reflection Personal Narrative Goals]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- My whole life I have always wanted to become a successful engineer, and graduate from the University of Cincinnati. Some of my goals in life are to go to the University of Cincinnati. Another one of my goals is to become some type of engineer. But as of right now I would like to be a aerospace engineer. To be honest I really don’t know what influenced me to want to become and engineer. But something about engineering always appealed to me for some reason. But lately my engineering teacher has had a positive impact on me and is really making me like engineering and the overall field.... [tags: Education Goals ]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Goals Analysis I was watching a TV commercial in 1974 of a US Navy Destroyer cutting through the water. The caption for that commercial was "Navy. It's not just a job it's an Adventure" That caught my attention and I realized that I had no job and no future at this point in my life. I had no dreams, no ambitions, no goals and that commercial was about to change all of that. That was the start of me setting my life changing goals. Goal setting is a powerful exercise. When you write down your plans, they have a way of becoming a reality.... [tags: Personal Reflection Goals Dreams]
1011 words (2.9 pages)