I was 13 at the time, I had just transferred to a new school for the third time in the past three years. I felt more and more like a nomad every year. It was my last year of middle school and I was determined to make it the best before I started school at Granada Hills High School. In the beginning I was reserved and nervous to make friends like any other new student. However, I began to make new friends, it truly felt like my last year was going to be my best year yet. When it came to actual classes, I was not the best, I maintained C’s and was happy.
As the school year progressed, I befriended more people, people who were “cool”- I would like to introduce a topic in sociology, it is believed that your peers shape who you are by helping you to break rules. Well I wish I had known that in 8th grade. As I began to hang around with the “cool” kids, these kids were the p...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- If it was possible to time travel, and the current person I am went back in time to tell myself all I have accomplished I don’t know if I’d believe him. Looking back at the past me and seeing how much I have changed and developed is outstanding. If you talked to my teachers freshmen year of high school I guarantee they would bring up how overconfident in myself I was, and immature. Overtime though I have grown out of this trait, and like to look at myself as more mature and developed. How you develop is a curious thing.... [tags: High school, Secondary school]
2284 words (6.5 pages)
- Narrative Essay Since I was in middle school I always was on honor roll, and I would dream about going to college. Once I got to my senior year of high school my dreams were starting to become my worst nightmare. I always thought that my final year of high school was supposed to be fun and enjoy the last few months I had left with friends until we graduate. During my final year of high school it was not fun and dandy like the High School Musical movies. I endured trauma of taking the ACT nine times and almost not being accepted into college.... [tags: High school, College, High School Musical, Scores]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- Everyday people receive news that changes their lives forever. Three months before the beginning of my junior year of high school, I was told news that would most certainly change my life forever. I was just sixteen and on my way to being a mother. Yup, that’s right, I was pregnant. When the doctor came into the room and told me that I was going to have a baby, a rush of thoughts came pouring into my head: how will my parents feel and react. What about finishing school and starting college. What am I going to do.... [tags: High school, Mother, High school diploma]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- People have many different friends over their lifetime, some lasting a short period while other friendships last a lifetime. From kindergarten until my junior year of college, I had one constant best friend, who will be called Shane. Shane was a great friend growing up, even though he tended to get into some trouble at times. He was a smart, happy go lucky kid who was always making people laugh and feel comfortable. I always knew that no matter what, I could count on him. When we were in high school, he started to spend time with a different group of people who made choices I did not agree with or want to be around, but we still spent time together outside of those groups.... [tags: High school, Friendship, College]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- The senior year of high school can be the most stressful, yet most important year in a student’s life. A few contributing factors to the stress of the senior year have to do with major life decisions. Choosing a career that a person can enjoy for their entire life is a huge responsibility. Choosing the correct college and major can affect the success of an individual’s career path. Another huge stress is figuring out a way to pay for college. Studies show that the average college graduate has approximately $37,000 in student loans (“US Student Loan Debt”).... [tags: College, High school, Ohio, University]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- The last year of high school is quite difficult not because you get loaded with homework every Friday night and especially when your friends invite you somewhere. The most difficult part of being a senior is the count down to June ninth, because after that I am on my own. I have to decide my future. All the concepts I have learned from kindergarten to twelve grade I have to decide where i take that knowledge, weather it is being a student at a university or community college, or being a worker.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Need]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- I have also been guilty of plagiarism. I know what it feels like to be embarrassed, because of not doing the right thing; and being caught up into the web of lies over years, all because of fear. I have not always had a fear of writing though, I used to love writing. In fact, reading and writing were my best subjects in school until my junior year of high school. My junior year of high school was the year of most importance. All I had to do was pass all of my classes that year and that basically guaranteed my high school diploma.... [tags: Writing, Essay, High school, Citation]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- Over time I grew as a person as I 've had mindset changes and now view life differently. My family has helped me through a lot and honestly, they have shaped who I am today. Though, my grandmother has been my biggest supporter and I don 't know where I would be without her help. She has helped me through my grandfather 's death, school, and has made me see the wrongs I have been doing in life. The memories I have with her are endless and I am grateful to have her by my side. If I didn 't have her support, I believe that I would not have made it this far.... [tags: Family, Life, High school, Death]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- The bullying started late in second grade and continued, at varying degrees of severity, until my sophomore year of High School. I started musical theatre in third grade and continued for two years before I felt I was forced to stop. I only started back up my Sophomore year of High School and I have not stopped since. These two things seem random, as if there is no correlation, however, the connection between them is strong. In Kindergarten and First Grade I considered everyone in my class a friend, as most five and six year olds do.... [tags: Educational years, High school, Bullying]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- Sophomore year of high school was the first time I started thinking that I was misunderstood. Not even just me but my whole family and some of my friends. It was brought to my attention that a huge disconnect existed between us and the rest of my town. I 'm Jewish and because of that I am considered to be in a minority group. It 's not one that has recently been the subject of oppression in America, especially in my home state of New Jersey, it could even be argued that Jewish people are amongst the most privileged groups in the United States.... [tags: High school, Culture, Teacher, Education]
1260 words (3.6 pages)