My favorite essay was the creative writing essay. When I first took a look at the class syllabus and saw that I would be doing a creative writing essay I was pretty nervous. I have never seriously done one and did not think that I had any imaginary bones in my body but I was so wrong. I found writing my story titled, “The Two That Almost Got Away,” to be very fun and relaxing. I did not have to cite every little point I made with in the paper that I thought could be somehow plagiarized and if I had a question about what happened to a character I could answer it anyway I wanted to. I also liked this writing assignment the most because it took me the least amount of time. I started this assignment on July 16th and finished the same day. Out of all of my assignments this paper is also the longest surprisingly. Before I started this assignment I told my brother-in-law who was helping me find a direction for this paper that my paper wouldn’t be more than two pages long. I did not even notice how long it was until I had finished the entire thing which is how it should be when writing. Th...
... middle of paper ...
...e scholarly articles so that I can get an idea of how I need to be writing and then I will be able to compare and contrast my style of writing now and where I need to be.
I am happy to have had the opportunity to have taken a class with such a great teacher. Throughout the course I have learned how to correctly cite a webpage, book, and article. I have also learned how to write in a more professional way that will be expected of me later on in my college career. Although this course was fast paced it felt kind of slow. I learned a lot in such a short amount of time. I have also accomplished many goals. I have learned how to manage my time better and create an outline so that I do not fall behind on my work. I know I will continue to grow as a writer and I also know what I need to do in order to improve my writing skills. Thanks again for being such a cool teacher.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Anastasia’s creative writing My subject reported that she had been writing stories since early childhood. When she lived in South Korea, she created short stories in English. After moving back to Russia in 2003, she joined a literature club where a university Creative Writing teacher assisted her and other children to compose stories in Russian. The participants were given two weeks to write a story, which they later discussed with their peers in class and made some suggestions for improvement.... [tags: Writing, Short story, Literature, Creative writing]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- Hello, I would like your kind consideration and admittance into SNHU’s Online Masters of Arts in English and Creative Writing Program starting in August 2016. After careful review of the course descriptions within the curriculum and realizing the opportunity to study both fiction and non-fiction creative writing simultaneously, within a program tailored to strike a balance between learning through critical analysis of accomplished authors literature and a practical understanding of how their craft applies to my writing, an understanding of the relationship between author and editor and the editors specific role when revising different genres to meet unique publishing standards, and throug... [tags: Writing, Literature, Writer, Creative writing]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- Walking inside the typical composition class, one can expect to see the students crafting the five-paragraph essay or working on a persuasive piece as they try to argue they side of an in-class debate. Composition classes do not only work on a studentís writing, they also get the students to think through their writing (at least the good ones do). There is a certain well-accepted style to teaching writing in the traditional composition class, and it works very well for many students and teachers.... [tags: Creative Writing in the Writing Classroom]
3568 words (10.2 pages)
- Air Disaster- Creative Writing The sight that greeted my eyes was haunting. There were dead bodies as far as the eye could see, but somehow nobody had a scratch on them. The plane was in pieces, scattered all around. As the waves rolled up the beach, more and more bodies were revealed. The sun was burning high in the sky and everyone was beginning to tire out. The cliffs towered down on us; the sand burnt our feet as we trod carefully between the corpses. It was a shock; we hadn’t expected to find anything there, but it appeared that almost everyone who had been on the plane was lying here, on the beach, with us.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- We walked down into the bustling docks, stinking of long dead fish and seaweed. We walked past the decreped old fishing boats and their owners, all with rotting wooden lobster pots and old rope nets. The huge ship was moared in the harbour, its ancient gangplank rested lightly on the hole filled pier. Mr Cheese, our navigator, stood at the top polishing his peg leg, while Meet-Hook stood behind working on yet another wax painting. Otis and Carla ran up the gangplank and began to load the crates of sugar and cotten from the plantations into the hold.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- As I saunter onto the school field, I survey the premises to behold people in coats, shielding themselves from winter's blues. The sun isn't out yet, but the place bursting with life and exuberance, with people gliding across the ice covered floor almost cat-like. The field is effervescent and despite the dire conditions, the field seems to have taken on a life of its own. The weather is bad and the ice seems to burn the skin if touched, yet the mood is still euphoric. The bare shrubs and plants about the place look like they've been whipped by Winter himself.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
392 words (1.1 pages)
- He was lying there still and calm, oblivious to the rain pouring through the holes in the rusted roof. The warehouse was abandoned many years ago, the air was thick with dust making it difficult to breathe; the smell was like burnt toast. The disused machinery loomed out of the dark corners, covered in cobwebs ghostly images. The Assassin was unaware of his immediate surroundings, his mind focused on his mission. His vantage point gave him a perfect line of fire. A neglected road that was parallel to the decaying wasteland where homeless people built their makeshift homes lay between the Assassin, his targets hideout.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
494 words (1.4 pages)
- It all began yesterday with the discovery of a male body in the park at 6pm. It was Christmas Eve and I was about to go home when I was informed of the incident. I went to the scene with two other officers but I was extremely eager to get back to my family. As I walked through the park, snow started to fall and all I could think about was the poor family of the man, unaware of his death. I started to think about my own family, my children waiting for me to come home so that they kiss me good night before Santa came.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- For my first piece of original writing I intend to create a piece primarily written for entertainment however, I also want to portray an interest into historical and political persuasions. I aim to write this piece for an audience of teenagers to young adult who are aged from around fifteen to twenty-five and are male, I also wish to identify with those interested in political thrillers within this age range. The genre of which shall be a short fiction story consisting chiefly of narrative and written in the third person.... [tags: Creative Writing Essay]
673 words (1.9 pages)
- In 2112, a High-Technical Robots Factory has invent and produce thousands of robots that contain every single human’s abilities, but in fact, they are even better than human because they has a lot of different special items, and each item has its own magical power. However one of the robots, called Doraemon, has a huge mistake during the process of manufacture. But none of the workers has found out. So now, Doraemon’s special items might not be always working properly, and sometimes it might have the opposite effect of the original power.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
1047 words (3 pages)