The writing style you used throughout the site is well written. I think you wrote better on your site than you think you did. I liked how you gave viewers insight into what you are using the site for. I do not see anything wrong with your background statement or your essay. I think it would be an enhancement if you added a bit more about yourself on the “About” page. I think you can give your audience more information about yourself, or about the class just to keep their interest. In my opinion, your web site is very well written, and the next assignment we have will only enhance it. Your paragraphs on the essay were spaced out well, and are legible for the reader to enjoy.
The initial reaction I got when I first looked at your homepage was the background. I really enjoy the landscape background that you chose. The mountains really caught my attention, and that’s a great key visual aspect to have for your viewers. The only drawback I had on the page was the whitespace where you...
... middle of paper ...
... your About page. You could add a sound clip, or music to engage the audience. I think the more concepts of multimodality you add the better off the site will be. I think it would be good for you to adventure more with this site. I feel like you could make it subtly pop a bit more. I do understand what you meant on your process notes about the organization of the site. It is hard to implement the organization, no clutter, empty space, and broken formatting. You did accomplish it even though it is hard to achieve with a new platform. The way your web site is set up, you would never think that you are inexperienced with web design. As the semester goes on I’m sure you’ll gain more insight into Weebly and become an experienced web designer by using this platform. Thank you again for letting me peer review your site and I hope my comments will help you with your portal.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- - Web analytics: The internet gives way to a large scale of opportunities, and a perfect knowledge of these can provide an enormous advantage for businesses. Nonetheless, having an ongoing online business is not enough, as the internet also provide an array of data that can help managers assess the health of their online businesses. Web analytics is thus the study of these various data to help know where a business is doing well, as well as where it is lacking. Furthermore, it can also help these businesses improve their online activities.... [tags: Internet, World Wide Web, Website, Web page]
708 words (2 pages)
- The Pulitzer Prize winning writer N. Scott Momaday has become known as a very distinctive writer who depicts the stories of the Native American life in almost poetic ways. He does an excellent job of transporting the reader from the black and white pages of a book, to a world where every detail is pointed out and every emotion felt when reading one of Momaday’s books or other writings. This style of writing that Momaday uses is very evident in his work “The Way to Rainy Mountain,” and made even more apparent by reading a review of the book House Made of Dawn found on a web site run by HarperCollins Publishers.... [tags: Writing Style Momaday Essays Papers]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- Web Page Analysis While browsing the enormous variety of sites and home pages on the World Wide Web, it is difficult to compare and contrast items that do not have anything in common. How can we say the "Wall Street Journal page" is better than "Joe's Page of Craziness?" Therefore the first step in critiquing web pages is by determining their purpose. The goal of a web page can vary from presenting factual information such as the "CIA Page," or displaying one's own computer generated art. Hence, the only way to judge a page is by examining what it tries to accomplish, and how it achieves its goal.... [tags: Web Design Analysis Essays Papers]
1686 words (4.8 pages)
- Web Design My occupation of choice is web designer, and I chose this because even though I don’t know everything about computers I am very fast at learning about them. It’s never too late to start this occupation and I know if I put time and effort into this\ I know I will love it and I can be good at it. As a web designer I will create and keep up with websites, including the layout, and function according to the client. (Web Developer) Web designing has really developed over time ever since the “World Wide Web” was created and it has visually improved as well as the speed and mobility.... [tags: computer languages, code]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Sound on the Web Transcript Using sound on the internet can greatly benefit and enhance a webpage (Teachernet). Sounds, rather they be background, core content, or music, create mood, theme, and help define the usefulness of the site (Farkas 94). Sounds can serve as core content. Sound can be used to introduce a site; either by music or a narrated welcome (Farkas 95). Narration can also serve as the content, like this site, or to help the viewer navigate the site and help the user make choices once viewing the site (Teachernet).... [tags: Websites Internet Technology Computers Essays]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- Task: You are to provide a report in which you analyse a web homepage clearly identifying the target audience, purpose, form and context. You must provide evidence of understanding the structural features, language features and visual features. The homepage that I’m going to research is the homepage of IMDb. The address for this website is http://www.imdb.com/. The purpose of this homepage is to provide the general public with the latest release movies, movie news, photos and galleries from movies, the actor and actress that were born on the day when the user opens their homepage, trivia quiz on a movie, and a featured poll where you vote for the question that they ask.... [tags: IMDB movie industry]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- The Web’s Compass When designing a web page, many features and characteristics must be considered. Three important features for navigational tools are text, icons, and photographs. The use of these elements must consider benefits to the user and navigation throughout the site. I will discuss text, icons, and photographs and why each feature can help or hinder the navigation of a site. Text When deciding whether to use text as a navigational button we must remember to effectively use color, type, and text to help readers maneuver within the site.... [tags: Websites Internet Computers Technology Essays]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- The Internet Won't Put an End to the Diversity of Style in Composition From 1982, when the term “Internet” was first used, until today, over 520 million users have gained access to the Internet. This gigantic leap in Internet usage suggests that in the coming years, even more people will be able to view material online. As more people continue to gain access, others will want to post their creations online with a greater frequency, allowing a wider range of viewers to see their work. Will this increase in compositions being made available on the Internet, however, lead to homogeneity of style.... [tags: Writing Writers Technology Essays]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- Module 3: Annotated Resources to Get your started Introduction An important element of Knowles Andragogy theory is the design and development of activities that clarifies resources and strategies to accomplish objectives. (Simonson, Smaldino, & Zvacek, 2015, p. 49). This module provides a variety of websites and resources for educational, and professional skills strategies. Each website concentrates on a particular need of the project manager certificate course and provides the necessary skills to succeed in the online certification course.... [tags: Citation, APA style, Word processor, Writing]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- Purpose: You will write a four-page MLA style report on a topic of you choice along with three areas of the topic, with teacher approval on a submitted memo. You will do a smart search for information and write a five section report on the topic using proper MLA style format as well as correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Good writing is also an expected criterion for this assignment. Project: 100 points DIRECTIONS: MEMO- 20 points 1. Save as MLAReportMemo.docx. Select a topic and type a memo to Mrs.... [tags: Assignment]
690 words (2 pages)