While writing came naturally to me, reading was a different story completely. The first memories I have of reading are p...
... middle of paper ...
... enjoyment for readers who take the time to analyze literature. Questioning an author’s credibility and their reason for writing a particular piece were things I had never been asked to do until her English class. Throughout my senior year in high school I learned more than I ever had in the class with her. The concept I had of how easy English was became shattered, and I found myself being far more open to new ideas and styles or writing. If I had not been transferred into AP English that year, I may have never gotten over myself, and would have never progressed as far as I have.
So in the end, yes, I did get my first ‘D’ in an English class. However, out of that single grade, I was able to make myself a better person, writer and a far better English student. Despite what others may think of my writing and reading, I am proud of myself for coming so far.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Writing Portfolio: The Ups and Downs Writing isn’t my strongest suit and always has room for improvement. Throughout this semester writing composition 10103 wasn’t my favorite class in the world, but it was a great learning experience to improve my writing skills. Transitioning from a high school academic English class to college level writing class was a big step for me. I spent countless nights where I would just stare at my computer screen having no idea what to write, but practice makes perfect.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Better, Learning]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- English has always been a challenging subject for me, and it is not just the writing aspect of it either. I have been writing all my life. Whether it be letters to girls, essays, or emails to my boss. Writing is definitely important in today’s society. Writing can serve as a means of communication. My major is business administration, so I will most likely obtain a job in the business field. Communication is very important with my type of major so I need to make sure that I am top notch on writing.... [tags: High school, Writing, College, Paper]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- Choice #1: Top Notch Staffing at Tanglewood Every organization strives to develop and obtain a strong competitive advantage over the competition in their marketplace. One way to do so is to attract, hire, and maintain an experienced and knowledgeable workforce. Therefore, every staffing plan must be an integral part of any overall competitive business strategy planning. This is exactly what this staffing plan will do for Tanglewood into the future. Presented is a comprehensive plan to centralize staffing practices at Tanglewood by addressing the organization, organizational strategy, human resource and staffing strategy, staffing policies and programs (e.g.... [tags: Management, Strategic planning]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- As an entrepreneur, you need to Make Sure Your Target Audience Is Sizable. This technically means your methods of advertising need to be top notch. When choosing the method of advertising your product, there are a few things you consider such as the cost, methods your competitors are using and so forth. The prime factor you need to consider however is the size of your audience and how to make it sizeable. Here are a few tips on how to go about this. Get your product or service a trademark name.... [tags: Marketing, Customer service, Consultative selling]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- As a manager, you can be responsible for not only managing a business and its employees but also hiring those employees, leading them, planning and organizing various things, as well as the overall responsibility of making sure what needs to be done- gets done. It is obvious that while completing these duties, communication plays a huge role in the management field. Rather a manager is conducting a staff meeting, speaking with a customer, or discussing business ideas with executives, it is vital their communication skills are top notch.... [tags: managers, communication skills, management]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- Within the weeks 7 through till 12 I have had many seminars on study skills and the skills for success, some of which including skills to help me with reading skills and also to help me with my essay writing. These seminars help me to gain a stronger understanding of the skills that I need to improve on and the skills that I feel relatively okay with. It also allows me to think about some skills that I wouldn 't usually think about. Firstly there was the essay writing session with 10 of my peers and I was learning about different techniques on how to write an essay and also what a “good essay” includes.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Need to know, Word]
1582 words (4.5 pages)
- Versification at its Most Preeminent Moment As the world turns more technical, writing seems to be getting shadowed, and the light at the end of the tunnel seems to get dim with no words of expression. The great minds that once walked the earth are being forgotten, along with the talents they shared. Before one abrogates the past, they should remind themselves that the tools that were created for writing are a benefit to everyday life. For one to be successful in writing, rhetoric, they must be able to connect with their audience, use proper grammar, and be influential.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Writer, Writing style]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- From the very beginning of written rhetoric, about 24 centuries ago , the ability to communicate effectively has been elemental to conducting business. Corporations that are treasure top quality writing are assumed to have equally quality products and customer service standards, and this translates to market successes. Similarly, employees that excel at getting their points across are valued in the world of commerce. Yet workplace communication is replete with poor standards that can be traced to when students enter college.... [tags: Writing, Writer, Academia, Communication]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- I am a current employee for Top Notch Security. I have been asked by Magnolia Utility Citizen Cooperative to conduct a security survey of their area and report my findings. I will interview with employees to see how much they know about their jobs and how much knowledge they have with security in the work place. I will also observe how employees are working and ways how I think they can improve or keep the way how things are being done. I have observed every work place and have listed each area and what I believe needs to be improved.... [tags: Security, Security guard, Security police]
1928 words (5.5 pages)
- New York City has officially been named as the host of the 2016 Summer Olympic Games. This international multi-sport event will take place on July 1, 2016 through July 23, 2016 and will be held in Manhattan’s Far West Side. Knowing that we do not have as much time as we would like when it comes to building all the facilities necessary for the 2016 Summer Olympics as well as the main stadium, we will do everything in our power to make sure that every single thing we do construct is safe and ready to go when it is time for the 2016 Summer Olympics.... [tags: Olympic Games, Summer Olympic Games]
1041 words (3 pages)