No relationship is perfect. Even at the best of times, couples still have their differences. Even couples, who meet online and have almost identical profiles will still have their difficulties. I like to think of my writing insecurities as those types of relationships. My insecurities and I often have relationships that are filled with highs and lows. Now I know that this is a very unconventional way of describing my writing uncertainties, but I also know that this dramatization will show you the very dynamic of my relationship with writing. Now my first insecurity can be described as a never-ending bad date. It is one of those dates that you think has lasted a lifetime but actually it has only been a very long twenty minutes. In this date, you might have gotten along for a while, in fact, you thought it was going great, but them all of a sudden it went downhill and fast. This is the type of relationship that I have with commas. My second insecurity can be compared to the classic scenario of a bad match from online dating. When it comes to online dating, you are able to see everything about the other person. This makes it easy to see if you have things in common, or so you think. Often times upon meeting face to face you realize that you are on completely different pages. This reaction mirrors my writing insecurity about the readability of my papers. My last writing insecurity can be compared to the perfect date with the not so perfect guy. Almost everyone can say that they have been on a date that was close to perfect. The only thing that kept that date from being perfect was the person sitting across from them. Even the most romantic of evenings can be ruined if the person that you are on a d...
... middle of paper ...
... is easy to see the potential in my writing abilities but that I lack attention to the small details, which end up being the most important. I know that the only way to conquer my writing insecurities is to “date” them. By dating my writing insecurities, I am able to attempt them repeatedly. I am able to work on my comma skills until our date has a happy ending. I am able to work on better communicating my ideas thus taking my paper from a “Catfish” to a real life success. In addition to that, I am finally able to concentrate on all the small things that go into my writing, making writing a paper the perfect date with the perfect person. By now, you probably know more about my dating and life and writing insecurities than you ever wanted too. However, with this understanding, I know that one day I will conquer my comma, readability, and accuracy writing insecurities.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When thinking back on my past experiences in the dating scene, it’s crazy to see how much things have changed over the years. About ten years ago, I would have never thought that online dating would have grown to be as popular as it is today. It was considered a risky and almost taboo thing to do in the beginning. Now it seems that online dating services are just about everywhere. From the bigger dating services providers, such as E-Harmony and Zoosk, to the smaller services such as online personal classifieds, social media, and phone apps, it’s easier than ever to find and meet people who are interested in dating.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- How to Stay Safe With Online Dating In recent years, online dating has become very popular with 1-in-5 Americans aged 25-34 years old using one or more of the many popular dating sites and apps, such as match.com, OkCupid, and PlentyOfFish. With the stigma of online dating gone, it’s turned out to be a great way to date, have fun, and potentially fall in love. However, online dating’s major drawcard is also it’s biggest flaw: you have no idea who the person you’re talking to really is. Romance scams are among the most common form of internet fraud, accounting for over $86 million dollars lost by Americans in 2014.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
3343 words (9.6 pages)
- Have you ever tried to date someone online before. In America, online dating is becoming popular, 66% of online daters have gone on a date with someone who they met online, and 23% of them have actually met their spouses. In “Online Dating Odds Getting Better”, Katherine P. Harvey describes the improvements of online dating services in matchmaking industry. More people are able to find their mate through online dating. Most of the profits made by dating companies come from online and mobile dating services provide a lot of creative services.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- Outside World seems to suggest that online dating not only benefit in meeting partner, but also leads relationship to marriage in higher rate than offline couple. However, Paul Aditi explains that people who meet online may more likely to involve in dating and relationship than traditional meeting, but the breakup rate seems to be higher in online dating than relationship that met through offline. (Paul Aditi, 664) Society tendency wants us to believe that a set of love formula can guarantees successful relationship.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Did you know dating apps such as Tinder OkCupid and Bumble generate billions of revenue a year. It is not hard to see why. In the 21st century life is much more fast paced cluttered and isolating than ever before. Dating has evolved from a more formal process to than swiping right on a potential mate. This evolution has came about because of convenience, shyness predictability and protection. as a result people search for more casual relationships, have redcuced the spontaneity involved with dating, created more opporotunities for finding love and made long-distance relationships a legitimate possibility.... [tags: Dating, Dating system, Online dating service]
1879 words (5.4 pages)
- Argumentative Essay Technology has made connecting with people easier and more accessible. Online dating has become a major option for every adult in the United States. Although ease of accessibility can be a blessing, it can also be a hidden disaster. Creating an online dating profile is a lackluster attempt at love. Through a false sense of reality and deception at its finest, online dating has been a controversial topic in today’s modern era. The question then arises is convince worth the price you pay.... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, Dating system]
1361 words (3.9 pages)
- .1. Why do some people advertise themselves for a date in a newspaper or online. There are an endless number of reasons why people put ads out for dating, which are anywhere from convenience, to time since most of us have very busy schedules. It also allows people to get themselves out to a specific group that may or may not have been able to reach without this source. Many people don’t like the bar scene and feel it to be a somewhat more secure way of getting out there to perhaps meet new people with the possibility of meeting “the one”.... [tags: dating strategy, exchange theory]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- From Courtship Rituals to Endless Opportunities Dating in the modern age seems like a lot of work. Romanticized ideals of dating from the 1950s with the perfect soul mate and the excitement of going steady no longer apply in current times. These days, only after an intense round of filtering through prospective love interests and rating on a scale of attractiveness and mutuality would one ever consider asking someone out. However, the 21st century offers far more freedom and equality in comparison to the 50s, with women finding success in professional and personal lives.... [tags: Courtship, Modern history, Dating, 21st century]
1551 words (4.4 pages)
- Introduction This case deals with dating in the workplace. I believe probably more than any other topic I have heard more issues in my years in the Army that deal with relationships among service members. I do believe it is morally acceptable for an employer to make rules against dating in the workplace. The degree to which rules are designed though should reflect on how much the relationship may affect the workplace. There should be no invisible rules towards the topic. That is an organization must put such a policy in writing and not just accept that it is understood and everyone will see things for the good of the organization.... [tags: Work Dating Relationships]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- Internet Dating - Original Writing Tuesday, and i pace up and down the bar of my small-town, backalley pub, pondering over the massively daunting task set before me. A 1500 word text, written to entertain..... Entertain you say. sounds like a challenge.... A couple of hours pass and i've had no progress. Still behind the bar, still waiting for a customer to lighten up my day and still pondering over what the genre and form of my text are going to be.... [tags: Papers]
1095 words (3.1 pages)