Essay PreviewMore ↓
The world is changing from day to day. In order to cope with this constant change, every single person needs to be flexible, open minded and innovative in every matter.
I am currently working for Archer Daniels Midland, one of the leaders on the market of agricultural products. ADM has its offices in nearly every country of the world, giving jobs to people of more than a hundred different nationalities. Therefore, it was imperative to ensure a high level of flexibility at my current position, being ready to relocate and start up a new life, in a new surrounding, with new tasks, with new colleagues.
In the past I worked on many personal projects from different areas including: online social networking (www.crown-club.eu), B2B Directories (www.paraxon.biz) and even fashion (www.anthonicrown.com).
The unique MBA online course offered by the University is the only MBA program worldwide, which can move together with me whenever it would become necessary to dislocate in order to grow within ADM or any other globally orientated enterprise. The online course makes group projects and interactions possible, which pushes networking and social interactions among the "future masters" to an entirely new level.
I believe that the time has come to go further than salesmanship at the oil crushing plant in Mainz, Germany. I believe that I am ready for more strategic, global and political tasks.
I am sure that the MBA online course of the University of Phoenix will give me the foundation, to make “the change” happen.
My MBA - furthering and changing my career
The Jungian 16-Type Self-Assessment ranked me into the ENTP category, as being innovative, individualistic, versatile, and entrepreneurial, with a possible career as politician, strategic planner, literary agent, publicist, entrepreneur, investment broker, computer analyst, or advertising executive.
I see a big connection of this categorization of my personality to my personal future career goal of occupying an executive position in a globally set-up enterprise. Therefore, I am pursuing an MBA in order to build a solid foundation of theory where “a lot of practical success could be built on.” A master’s degree in Business Administration ranks the holder directly into the top category of management and brings many opportunities and advantages unseen before.
How to Cite this Page
"My Way To Becoming An Mba." 123HelpMe.com. 03 Apr 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Sabanci University Faculty of Management, which opened its doors only in the fall of 1999 to its students, is a newly established institution, therefore so is the SU-MBA Program. Benefiting from being a relatively fresh program SU-MBA had the latest of information about the business world and comparative insights from other MBA programs, of which the number is quite large in the current market. The aim of this paper is to (1) compare and contrast the ontological and epistemological assumptions, (2) amount of experiential learning and (3) job opportunities created of the current and designed SU-MBA Program, also (4) to understand how it has positioned itself with other MBA programs.... [tags: MBA Business Administration Education]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- Having worked on both small and large scale internet ventures, as well as in traditional brick and mortar enterprises, I have truly fallen in love with the entrepreneur world of business. I have been the CEO of my own smaller companies and have been an integral part of large scale operations. My professional goal is to become the most effective entrepreneur and manager I am capable of becoming. My sample set of experiences has been both wide ranging and engaging, but a Harvard Business School education will serve to hone my skills and sharpen my ability to think.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
249 words (0.7 pages)
- My current employer, Hughes Network Systems, will partially sponsor my MBA. In the short term returning to them as part of the Strategic and Solutions Management team is an attractive option. In the longer term, I would like to work as the CEO of my own high-tech telecom company, using my vision and experience together with my Smith MBA, to develop cutting-edge strategies and products to empower companies to better utilize technology for establishing beneficial customer relationships. The MS in Telecommunications Program at the University of Maryland offered me a unique opportunity to engage in cross-disciplinary coursework from both the A.... [tags: Personal Statement]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- I am interested in pursuing an MBA at this point in my career to better prepare myself as I transition out of the military in the near future. A MBA from GWU will further define the leadership and managerial skills I have already learned inside the United States Air Force. In addition to an MBA, my past experience with managing people inside very harsh climates and physically and mentally challenging scenarios will set me apart from others in the career path I choose. Earning an MBA has always been a dream of mine, but one I never thought would be attainable because of the constant deployments and the financial requirements it takes to obtain an MBA.... [tags: Military, Armed forces, Management, Logistics]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Doing the course of my life I have wanted to take several career paths over the years. When I was younger I wanted to play in the WNBA because basketball was once my life at one point. Then I wanted to become a Criminal Justice Lawyer. I would have like to be a Criminal Justice Lawyer because I always wanted to help my family. Being as though I am from New Orleans it should be no surprise a good amount of my family member has been or still incarcerated. Especially, when my cousin got arrested for a crime he didn 't commit.... [tags: Marketing, Business, Management]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- Functional Areas of Business: The Role of the Manager Organizations come in different sizes. A small business can function with one or two people completing all the tasks and making all of the decisions. However, if an organization increases in size and business activity, one or two people will need a team of people so the business can function properly. The structure of the business will have to change to accommodate the increasing operations and demands. The changing structure of the company will lead to functional areas, which will allow the business leaders to delegate responsibilities based on grouped activities.... [tags: mba student, small business, decisions]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- I took the roundabout way to journalism. Before 2009 and embracing my vocation in earnest, I had tutored little kids, been a paid-by-the page typist and an IT support technician. I had even sold tea door-to-door on a sputtering moped. My then friends called me King of the long shot. From the early to mid-2000s, I was mostly a failing songwriter desperately hanging on the “dream” and taking any and every gig that would support my “habit.” I had an MBA degree, but hated the thought of being a suit.... [tags: Journalism, Newspaper, Pakistan, Advertising]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Growth is an essential trait that builds people toward success. That being said, no two individuals are the same. However, like any challenge in life, the more effort and practice dedicated to a specific task, the sharper those skills become. Today’s world is continually altering into an ever more complex and highly competitive place. For this reason, people are being challenged, more than ever before, to pursue more education, increase their background of skills, and to carve their own personal niche that places them ahead of everyone else.... [tags: MBA Admissions Essay]
3099 words (8.9 pages)
- The report examines three universities to determine the one that offers the best online MBA program, which suits MegaCorp employees. The three learning institutions examined include the Walden, Washington State, and North Carolina State universities. Of the three, Walden is the cheapest, as it offers the online MBA program at the lowest cost per credit hours followed by Washington State and North Carolina State. However, the Washington State University offers the best online MBA program in terms of its quality and is the most suitable compared to the other two institutions.... [tags: Best Online MBA Program ]
2256 words (6.4 pages)
- MBA Admissions Essays - The Value of Dynamic Creativity In my junior year of high school I attended an assembly where potential class presidents outlined their positions and ideas for the future. I remember dozing off during the first two speeches, which covered topics such as soda machines and trips to Six Flags Great Adventure. The final individual that spoke did something different. He talked about students in our class. The thing he found special about everyone was that they each possessed character.... [tags: MBA College Admissions Essays]
664 words (1.9 pages)
With an MBA, I’m hoping to get access to managerial positions within global organizations, escaping the trading-only environment, where I am “stuck” in now.
MBA - To get an advantage at the start
The United Network of Help with Masters of Business Administration (MBA) programs (U.N.H. M.B.A.) presented the following advantage of MBA for improving career prospects:
“An MBA degree provides you with innumerable career opportunities in various fields. It is especially beneficial to get jobs in high level positions such as managerial and executive level jobs. Whether you are looking to further your career in your existing job or are looking to change your job and start your career afresh, an MBA degree can be very valuable in either scenario.
With an MBA degree under their belt, employees have a whole new world opened up to them and are elevated to managerial positions on the strength of the additional abilities and knowledge gained through the MBA program.”
Many careers have a direct connection between educational achievement and salary. When it comes to a Business Administration degree, the impact of earning a master's can be exponential.
According to the Salary Survey Report for Degree: Master of Business Administration, conducted by PayScale.com, “Master of Business Administration salaries range from $10,000 to $20,000 higher than salaries for those with a Bachelor of Science, Business Administration degree.”
With such salary differences between the MBA and the previous educational level, it is quite evident why that many students decide in favor of the MBA program, despite the time and financial investment, connected to obtaining the MBA.
Business-Programs.com is discussing the reputation of an MBA degree as follows:
“The MBA is widely noted as one of the best graduate degrees you can get. According to one source, employers see the qualification, allied to relevant experience and proven organizational achievements, as indicating flexibility, the ability to welcome change, creativity, self-motivation, personal effectiveness, and a range of other qualities needed in fluid organizational environments.”
The MBA Degree, indeed, has its weight and reputation. In combination to a respected institution, an MBA represents a valuable argument during job interviews.
Thomas Fuller once said, "Zeal without knowledge is fire without light."
With an MBA, I will receive a “box of tools” in order to be able to cope with the volatile task of the modern manager. This theoretical knowledge is imperative in order to be able to manage a global player successfully.
Networking is of high importance in life and could also help developing the career. The United Network of Help with Masters of Business Administration (MBA) programs published the following argument about MBA networking:
“The alliances that you form with your classmates and the network that you create is deemed as one of the most important and valuable things that an MBA program can give you. MBA graduates have often felt that the associations formed during the MBA course are resources that are invaluable and can be drawn upon for years after the MBA degree has been achieved.”
Indeed, fellow students could develop to business leaders of tomorrow. By supporting and backing the network, an MBA alumnus is reserving valuable contacts with possible business leaders of tomorrow.
My decision to pursue an MBA is based on a single idea, the drive to continuous learning. The variety of advantages, which come together with the MBA program of the University of Phoenix and the desire to push my career forward were the main locomotives to the start of my MBA.
After completion of the MBA program at the University on Phoenix, I will definitely consider further education in the area of Business Administration in order to further broaden my horizon as a DBA. But for now, the MBA will help me escape the trading environment at ADM and to access a broader range of respected positions of management within ADM or any other organization. Consequently, I will be nearing my goal in climbing the career ladder to the very top. The prerequisites are given, as clearly shown by the Jungian 16-Type personality analysis.
PayScale (2008). Salary Survey Report for Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA). Retrieved November 29, 2008, from Payscale.com, Web site: http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Master_of_Business_Administration_(MBA)/Salary
U.N.H.M.B.A (2008). MBA FAQ. Retrieved November 29, 2008, from www.unhmba.com,Web site: http://www.unhmba.org/mba-faq.html
Amanda Daflos (2006). Top Ten Reasons to Get a Masters of Business Administration. Retrieved November 29,2008, from www.business-programs.com, Web site: http://www.business-programs.com/articles/reasons-to-get-a-mba.html