According to Philip Kotler “A brand is a name, term, sign, symbol, or design, or a combination of them intended to identify the goods or services of one seller or group of sellers and to differentiate them from those of the competitors. The business firm(s) faces the choice, whether it should brand its product or not? The Generic products can be offered to the consumers at a price lower than the branded products with standard or lower quality. The brand sponsor decision involves the decision about who is going to brand the product, manufacturer or re-seller or will it be a combination of the two? Indian retailing has seen a lot of ups and downs over the last few years. With the increasing growth of the organized retail sector, private labels or store brands are also increasingly accepted by the Indian organized retail market. Introduction of private labels in categories such as apparels and footwear, toys, electronics and appliances enable retailers to expand their offerings. Retailers such as Pantaloon, Trent, Shoppers Stop and Spencer’s have increased focus on private label retailing. Manufacturers of national brands (manufacturer brand) are facing intensified competition by the growing power of retailer brands. The consumer behavior toward brands has changed, rather than strongly preferred brand, consumers buy from a set of acceptable brands. Consumers are becoming more price sensitive.
Four brand name strategies can be used by the manufacturers and service companies who want to brand their products. (a) Individual names: It is a marketing strategy of branding different products by different names. Such a branding strategy helps establish a unique brand identity, image and positioning. Also,...
... middle of paper ...
...ds: A Cobranding also called dual branding involves two or more well-known brands are combined in an offer. Intel’s consumer-directed brand campaign convinced many personal computer buyers to buy only computer brands with “Intel Inside”. As a result, prominent personal computer manufacturers –IBM, Dell, Compaq-purchase their chips from Intel at a premium price rather than buy equivalent chips from an unknown supplier.
Kotler, P. (1999). Marketing Management. New Delhi: Prentice-Hall of India Private Limited, (Pg.404- Pg.417).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. Abzari, M., Ghassemi, R. A., & Vosta, L. N. (2014). Analyzing the effect of social media on brand attitude and purchase intention: The case of Iran Khodro company. Procedia - Social and Behavior Sciences, 143, 822-826. This paper focus on the effect of social media advertising on brand attitude and consumer purchase intention. Further, the influence of traditional advertising on brand attitude would be investigated as well to compare with the effect of social media advertising. A survey is developed and distributed to the customers of Iran Khodro company in Tehran, Iran.... [tags: Brand, Advertising, Marketing, Social media]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- In this assignment I would like to discusson BBQfun Company which locates in Australia. BBQfun is one of the leading retailer for outdoor-lifestyle, with its two stores in Brisbane and Gold Cost, Australia. The company offer BBQ accessories and outdoor furniture products. It was established in 2009 which offered an extensive product range. It was also incorporated with both local and imported goods.According to competitive retail environment, change in technological and consumer behaviour and spending pattern had increased since 2010.... [tags: Marketing, Customer service, Demographics]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- NOKIA- The Creation of New Markets By the end of 2003, Nokia was the clear market leader in the mobile phone industry in terms of sales and profitability. It was ahead of giant companies like Motorola, Ericsson, Siemens, Samsung, and other worthy competitors. Since the early 1990s, Nokia's Strategic Intent was to build distinctive competency in product innovation, rapid response, and global brand management. Its strategic intent required rapid growth in the core businesses of mobile phones and telecommunications networks.... [tags: Strategic Management]
1064 words (3 pages)
- ... This market segmentation is for the smaller gadget sales like the MP3 players which are of low to mid- range prices. Thirdly, the decision making attributes behavior observed in by the business level purchases is the basis of “business user “segment. The hi-tech brand image to be showcased by the Canadian firm, customer support and quality services criteria for purchases are the indicators to target this segment by Samsung (Song & Noh, 2006). Fourthly, the “hobbyists” could be defined as niche market segmentation with limited members.... [tags: redifining the brand globally]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
- Various elements of the brand strategy, such as the role of emotion, brand equity and brand identity, are interdependent on each other. Change of one element results in changes in another, but the consistency of all can build a strong brand. Brands can be divided into two categories, functional brands and symbolic brands. Airbnb does not only provide a platform for hosts and guests to interact, it also has a grand mission and vision to build a more inclusive community. As a symbolic brand, the use of symbolism is of importance in strategy.... [tags: Brand, Brand management, Branding]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- My Voice: Brand Equity Branding is an effort on the part of the manufacturer(s), marketer(s), to create a distinctively unique image about their market offering(s) in the heart and mind of the consumer(s) through delivering value, utilizing marketing promotion and various brand building initiatives. Truly brands resides in the hearts of the consumer(s), and the consumer(s) brand awareness, brand preference and brand loyalty determines the fate of the brand. Brand equity measures the goodwill of the brand in the market and the level of consumer brand preference and consumer brand loyalty.... [tags: Brand, Brand management, Branding, Marketing]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- We all love to enjoy the beautiful advertising companies, such as look books and professional photo sessions. And slowly, under the influence of tons of those beautiful photos, we unconsciously are forming an ideal of beauty, rules how person should look like and what should be fixed in order to congruence. However, modern graphics rarely leave the models untouched and usually change everything it can to make photos perfect and attracted. In this case, it turns out that our idea of beauty is simply unrealistic.... [tags: Advertising, Cosmetics, Brand, Human skin color]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- • Seeing the success of Trader Joe’s, many competitors are trying to imitate their business model. Wal-Mart started their Neighborhood Markets on 1998 storing only grocery and pharmacy item. In 2011, Wal-Mart started Wal-Mart Express, an even smaller version of the original supermarket and rapidly growing. This year, Fresh City Market started operating in Purdue University, Indiana focusing on fresh food. The small size grocery segment is growing and there are already multiple players in the market to take a chunk of that.... [tags: Grocery store, Supermarket, Brand, Safeway Inc.]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- If the company chooses to carry out corporate branding strategy, the most immediate step to take is negotiating with individual co-op owners. This process takes time and costs money, and the co-op owners may propose objections due to conflict of interest. The next step involves a complete revolution of hotel styles, services and amenities. For example, the company will need to design new towels and blankets to print the Rosewood brand name on them. Individual hotels may also need to renovate their frontages to include the Rosewood logo.... [tags: Advertising, Brand management, Brand]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- A Brand Strategy Always Guarantees Success This essay intends to define brand strategy and if a brand strategy is possible for all brands. It will also look into the ability and level to differentiate between different kinds of products and look into how a brand strategy can bring success. Furthermore the essay intends to shed light on whether or not these themes are transferable to all products and services. According to Trott (1998, p.365), Brand strategy is the spearhead of the organisation's competitive intentions.... [tags: Marketing Branding Business Brand]
1870 words (5.3 pages)
- Symptoms And Treatment Of Infants
- The Effects Of Bariatric Surgery On Obese Patients
- Mary Shelley 's Frankenstein, Or The Modern Prometheus A Norton Critical Edition
- Social Stratification And Racism : How It Affects Our Lives
- Punk Is Not Always A Political Statement
- I Am A Great Thanksgiving Holiday