At the public school the students were sitting at their desk in a row watching the smart board on the correct way to form the alphabets. The teacher had given each child a pencil and a sheet of writing paper. The instructor on the smart board word form a letter slow enough for the students to join in. It was hard for the students to sit quietly in a desk and follow direction from the smart board. Some students were talking. Other students were drawing pictures on their papers. The teacher was sitting at her desk offering little to no help. The setting was different from the setting in our program. I stayed long enough to see what the teacher was going to do when the lesson was completed. The teacher told the students to put their name on the top of their paper and put it on her desk. It was at this moment I remembered the talks on School Killing Creativity and Stop Stealing Dreams. During the outdoor learning time all children ran to the playground and got on the swing, slide and monkey bars. There was no supervisor in the first five minutes.
The philosophy or Mission Statement of the Head Start is to provide the highest quality of service to children and families through a community team effort based on the question, “Is it good for the children?” The program provides an education service with...
... middle of paper ...
...e exciting by exploring and adventuring.
Technology makes a large impact on young learners. The computer is helping young children to explore with digital storytelling with colorful pictures. Special needs children are equipped with special devices that encourages them to use the computer. Children are learning go to the search engine to look up activities on the computer and go to appropriate program established for their learning ability. Children enjoy the sing along with the computer. I have a digital camera to take pictures and download them on the computer for the children enjoyment. I make video slide of the family and download them to a DVD and will take my portable DVD player in the home for the family to enjoy movie time together.
The ISTE Standards for children demonstrates creative thinking by using an indicator in the standard to meet each child’s need.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- We decide to visit the Manchester recycling site because we felt we needed to know more about recycling as she had a great influence and power as well as specialist knowledge on our chosen issue. Prior to the trip, we worked together to design questions we felt were important for us to know for our action, for example We talked to the site manager of our school to find out if we would be allowed to get more recycling bins, and why when all recycling items are separated in school they are then dumped all together when collected by the cleaners.... [tags: Recycling, Waste, Waste management, Landfill]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- In January of 1964 Lyndon B. Johnson declared “war on poverty” in a state of the union speech. His dream for a better America came with the greatest prosperity of the post war years. The nations GNP was up, unemployment was down and disposable personal income was at an all-time high. As the baby boom generation aged more American’s than ever would enter the work force and it was imperative that the county develop some a plan for its growing nation. As part of Johnsons war on poverty he create the idea of a “great society” in which ground rules where laid out for programs that the president was sure would help the nation.... [tags: education, children, wellbeing, head start]
1421 words (4.1 pages)
- RMSER Head Start (herein referred to as HS) is a federally funded preschool program that has been operating in Colorado for over 30 years (Rocky Mountain Service, Employment, Redevelopment website, n.d.). Unfortunately, HS has experienced a lot of issues in recent years that have proven to be very costly for the program. In 2011, the Federal Review Findings indicate numerous compliance issues with program governance and communication, as well as problems with accurate and timely reporting (Rocky Mountain Service, Employment, Redevelopment website, n.d.).... [tags: Poor Administration of Head Start]
2774 words (7.9 pages)
- The Head Start Program contributes to the successful learning of children in a major way. Head Start promotes healthy prenatal out comes, enhances the development of infants and toddlers, and promotes healthy family functioning. The children are giving a better chance to succeed in school and life. Therefore, the rate of human learning and development is in the early years. Head Start is a Federal funded, comprehensive child development program that has an overall goal to prepare children from low-income families for school (Administration for Children and Families).... [tags: Early Learning, education, Head Start]
624 words (1.8 pages)
- Identifying the information On Wednesday, October 14, 2015, I was able to attend a home visit with Monika. The home visit consists of the mother, her two year old daughter, and one and a half month old son. The mother and her children are currently enrolled in the Early Head Start program in order to promote health and development, but also provide additional assistance and support. Purpose of the session Before the visit, Monika described what the home visit will cover and what to expect. I am able to see this family on a weekly basis so every week there are new things that I am able to learn about the family and see how they interact with Monika and I.... [tags: Family, Son, Daughter, Head Start Program]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- I was fortunate enough to be able to go on a site visit to Miami. My duties consisted of taking detailed notes of what the client described and possible percentages that we could use while developing documentation. The director of the project is phenomenal at making every situation that I was presented with a learning experience. I thought that I would just be taking notes over the course of the three days because I had little knowledge and understanding about the specifics of this client’s day to day activities and the jargon associated with it, but the director was able to find a section that would allow me to ask the client some questions.... [tags: Full-time, Part-time, Employment classifications]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- The purpose of this essay is to offer a concise description of the Head Start program, discuss the historical background of the policy, and analyze the economic and political forces that have influenced the development of the program. The essay also seeks to evaluate both the manifest and latent functions of the policy, consider the current debate around Head Start, describe the ideologies and values that have framed the debate around Head Start, and offer recommendations regarding the program. Head Start Program Overview of the Policy The Head Start Program, typically referred to solely as Head Start, is offered by the U.S.... [tags: Educational Policy, Class Distinction]
2699 words (7.7 pages)
- The Head Start Program Preschool is a highly debated area of a child’s educational journey. One of the primary goals of preschool is to prep the child for traditional elementary school. There are several contemporary models of education that are designed to help children be successful throughout their school years. The Head Start Program was one of those programs. The Head Start Program was designed by President Johnson to aid in assisting lower income families who had children attending traditional education the following school year.... [tags: preschool, preparation, development]
627 words (1.8 pages)
- The Head Start program is a beneficial one that helps youth overcome educational setbacks. In order for one to understand the benefits of the program one must know what its goals are, how its goals continue to be accomplished, what specific setbacks are remedied from it and how others feel about it. Head Start is a comprehensive child development program that has an overall goal to prepare children from low-income families for school (The Administration For Children And Families, 2002). To prepare a child for school the program has the goal of meeting educational, health, social service, and parental needs.... [tags: essays papers]
2365 words (6.8 pages)
- Head Start Head Start and Early Head Start are comprehensive child development programs which serve children from birth to age five, pregnant woman and their extended families. They are child-focused programs that have the overall goal of increasing the school readiness of young children in low-income families. . These programs try to prepare young children intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically for their future educational and social endeavors. ( U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2002)..... [tags: essays papers]
1651 words (4.7 pages)