Overall I was not...
... middle of paper ...
...rks of art. The Getty was a good experience because I was able to take my newly acquired knowledge from class and use it to look at art from different perspectives. I learned how to analyze details such as color, light, and depth, which I had never paid attention to before. This paper had me go out to look in a museum, which I am grateful for, because I do not think I would have gone out to a museum before. But now I think I will go out to look at art for leisure because it is very interesting to go back and study art and culture that influences the art and media of today. Claude Monet’s Sunrise further engaged me in this paper and art because the painting really caught my eye. It was well done, played a huge role in the changing of art from realism to impressionism, and was the beginning of the break away from realism and academic style of art from the Avant Garde.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I had an opportunity to visit the oriental institute museum . During my visit to the museum I was made aware of its location and the importance of it to chicago. The museum housed many exhibits of historical value dating civilization back to the paleolithic period of 2,500,000-100,000 B.C. Below you'll find examples of mans rise through the use of tools and refined skills from cave living to structured living throughout evolution. This is an experience that has grounded me to a new interest in structures that we have devised to become the homes we use today for the rest of my life.... [tags: Museum]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Art and wine should go together like buffalo chicken wings and beer. Where’s the wine when you need it. Although I’m on a restricted diet, I’ve enjoyed the scenery of various art collections from my computer device. It was a great pleasure scrolling, fantasizing, and gawking art painting and sculptures online. I’ve had the pleasure to browse through the National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C. and the Art Institvte Chicago. I noticed my opinion was quite judgmental on more than a few pieces. I found myself confused with questions such as “how is this art”.... [tags: Leonardo da Vinci, Florence, Museum]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- Visit to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Viewing the Asian Art Collections The Metropolitan Museum of Art has one of the finest Asian art collections that has enlightened and strengthened my understanding in my personal art experience. The Museum itself is an artistic architectural structure that graces the entire block on 82nd Street in Manhattan. Entering inside, I sensed myself going back into an era, into a past where people traded ideas and learned from each other. It is a past, where I still find their works of yesteryears vividly within my grasp, to be remembered and shared as if their reflections of works were cast for the modern devoted learner.... [tags: Asia Metropolitan Museum of Art Essays]
1561 words (4.5 pages)
- The Natural History Museum is extraordinary place to explore and learn. It’s fun and breathtaking. The museum served as an agricultural fairground from 1872 until 1910. The original structure of the building from the 1913 and today’s structure are combined with a blend of many styles. Like a Spanish Renaissance ornamentation in the terracotta trimmings. There is a Romanesque style in the arched windows and the brick walls. The Beaux-Arts tradition is a T-shape floor plan. The building measures 75 feet in diameter with three wings.... [tags: Museum]
2048 words (5.9 pages)
- The three Halls that I visited at the American Museum of Natural History were: Halls of the Pacific Peoples, Northwest Coast Indians and Asian peoples. All of these Halls were distinctly different from each other, although I enjoyed viewing all three, my favorite Hall was that of Asian Peoples. Of special interest was the Hall of Northwest Coast Indians, since I was able to witness and play in my head, a reel of the transformations it has gone through since the time of Franz Boas, as described in an article “A Magic Place”.... [tags: Culture, World History, Descriptive Essay]
3049 words (8.7 pages)
- The trip to the metropolitan museum was a great trip to learn and to study art. What is art you may ask, well art is an expression you use to show a visual picture. It can be through painting or through sculptures. Some other example of art is music, literature and dancing. For today 's paper we will be talking about art as a sculpture. The two sculptures in this photo are King Sahure and a Nome God and Marble Statue of Dionysos leaning on archaistic female figure (Hope Dionysos). You can find these statues in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.... [tags: Sculpture, Roman Empire, Greek mythology, Art]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Angjelina Hamza Albanological Institute Department of Ethnology CULTURAL VALUES AND PRISTINA Ethnological Museum Summarize: Through this paper will address the Ethnological Museum and its cultural values. Except this it will treat the history of this museum, the cultural activities that are organized at the museum starting from different exhibitions realized here as well as other cultural activities. Keywords: museum, ethnography, culture, material and spiritual. ENTRY ESTABLISHMENT of cultural institutions in Kosovo started after World War II, namely in 1945.... [tags: Culture, Anthropology, Museum, Pristina]
1492 words (4.3 pages)
- Hamza Angjelina Albanological Institute Department of Ethnology CULTURAL VALUES AND PRISTINA Ethnological Museum Summarize: Through this paper will address the Ethnological Museum and its cultural values. He will treat the history of this house museum, then all the cultural activities that are organized at the museum starting from different exhibitions realized here as well as other cultural activities. Keywords: museum, ethnography, culture, material and spiritual. Men -ESTABLISHMENT cultural institutions in Kosovo started after World War II, namely in 1945.... [tags: Culture, Anthropology, Museum, Pristina]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- When first arriving at the museum it was an old styled, rustic, building that was not very modern, which I think fits into the theme of the museum. The outside of the building had history, similar to how the inside of museum is filled with a history. There was also an impressive statue of former president Theodore Roosevelt. I thought it was an interesting display, but Theodore Roosevelt was an advocate for the preservation of national parks and the conservation of animals, moreover, I thought it was a great tribute to him.... [tags: layout and exhibits]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- In my first ever visit to the MOCA Museum of Contemporary Art, was an interesting one. My summer job this past summer was working on Case Western Reserve Campus of 115th and Euclid. Every day I would take the RTA Healthline to work and sometime would dine at the restaurants around the MOCA museum. So every day I would walk pass the museum and not knowing what that unique building was. I went online to search for the museum address and when I saw the Google street view of the building, I was surprised to discover what that magnificent looking building truly was.... [tags: MOCA, Art Analysis, Art Museum]
1097 words (3.1 pages)