Looking at the macro scale perceptive, functionalism is a way of how the world functions, or in my case, how everyone in the vacation house functions. We all have our own part to do in order to maintain peace. We all have to adapt to the new way of living while everyone is there. Everyone has an important task they need to fulfill, if one person does not follow the rules it could lead to dysfunction; where to job isn’t being done because one person missed up and the other person can’t do their job do to the lack of laziness/resources/etc. In the house where we...
... middle of paper ...
All in all, the four social theories: functionalism, Conflict Theory, Symbolic Interactionism, and Dramaturgical Theory all play a part of our lives almost everywhere. Functionalism is how everything works and if one thing goes wrong then everything can fall apart. Conflict theory is when you focused in the inequality of different groups in society such as in the vacation house; it would be divided into men and women. Symbolic Interactionism is when we give something that has no meaning, a meaning. Dramaturgical Theory is the way we act and it has two parts. Front stage is how you want to be perceived by a group you want to give an impression to so you try harder to please them, and backstage is when you are more yourself and actually act like a normal human being and not pretend like you have your life together at 6:00am in the morning when it’s your free time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Where to go on vacation is a popular conundrum in many households every year. People enjoy going out of town to relieve stress and get away from work for a short time. The beach and the city are both great places to vacation. They are both open anytime of the year. It depends on what you want to accomplish where you should decide to go. I hope the next few paragraphs help you make that tough decision easier. The items you need to bring with you can differ between the beach and the city but it can also be the same.... [tags: compare and contrast]
760 words (2.2 pages)
- Taking a walk at the beach with the sun rising, and the warm climate has to be one of the best settings for vacation. Unfortally, that’s not my vacation. My vacation usually consist of going to Mexico by car during the processes of three days and then having to share two bathrooms with your parents, three brothers, and like seven other people that are forced to stay at your father’s vacation home because they don’t have anywhere to go. Overall, it’s not that bad since my dad’s house is pretty big and every family gets their own room, but it’s a different story when they all refuse to cooperate.... [tags: Sociology, Family, Conflict theory, Shower]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- Throughout someone’s life they will go to many places with their family, friends, another relatives. I have been on a few vacations that have made a lasting impact on my life. But one of the most memorable vacations I have experienced was with my cousins. I went to goa beach. Most of you probably don’t know about that beach but it is a very famous one in south India. I enjoyed myself to the fullest. The beach environment was enlightening. I would not have wanted to take this trip with anyone other than my cousins.... [tags: Water, Ocean, English-language films, Coast]
702 words (2 pages)
- Vacation Sites Between The Beach and The Mountains When choosing the perfect vacation to go on with the family, keep the beach and the mountains in mind. They are both great places, but they have a lot of differences and similarities within the two. The beach is for more of people that likes the sun and don’t mind being around a lot of people. The mountains are for more of people that like the calmer life and likes heights. In general, people like the beach over the mountains. The beach and the mountains are both great places when it comes to vacation sites , but generally people choose the beach over the mountains because of the places to stay, the beautiful weather, and the many choices... [tags: English-language films, Sun, American films]
709 words (2 pages)
- Last summer my friends and I packed up and took a trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The excitement of the strip and the relaxation of the beach allured me to this particular vacation spot. If you are looking for an entertaining and relaxing way to spend the hot days of summer, Myrtle Beach has plenty to offer. Myrtle Beach stretches up the coast of South Carolina and North Carolina. The drive takes approximately six hours from East Tennessee State University. Our trip during the summer made for a great vacation, the temperature stayed between the 80’s and 90’s, perfect sun tanning weather.... [tags: Descriptive Essay, Descriptive Writing]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- Why Su Pallosu beach of Sardinia is ideal vacation for cat lovers. Description: Su Pallosu town has no shops and hotels but carry almost every breed of cat. Owing to the variety of cats, it is being awarded the ‘Certificate of Excellence’. So, looking for sandy beaches, sea, sun and kitties. Su Pallosu beach in Sardinia, featuring sandy beaches, unspoiled rocks, flamingos all around, aquamarine water and seagulls, is an ideal destination for cat lovers. This beach, Su Pallosu, is totally undisturbed as you do not find hotels, shops and too many tourists.... [tags: Cat, Cats, Felidae, Cat lady]
2218 words (6.3 pages)
- Everyone has a place where they feel all the weight lifted off their shoulders. When you 're at that special place all the worries in your life suddenly feel gone. At times you may see paintings or hear songs of it. For me, my happy place to escape reality is the beach. The beach is more than just a vacation spot, it’s a place full of serenity. Last month I was in Newport, California, for ten days. Almost every day we went to the beach and some mornings I went for a jog along the water. It seemed easier to keep going because of the breathtaking aroma.... [tags: Beach, Sand, Sun, English-language films]
1349 words (3.9 pages)
- One of my favorite family traditions is summer vacation. Every summer without fail we go on vacation. For the past ten years we have been going to Disney World with our family friends the Battaglia's, so it has turned into a tradition up until last summer when we broke our florida adventure to go to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We have been going on vacation with the Battaglia's for so long for a very good reason. It is because everyone gets along. My mom, Mr. Battaglia and Mrs. Battaglia are very good friends.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
432 words (1.2 pages)
- I used to spend the last part of my summer vacation with my uncle and aunt. As a continuation of a long-ago-established tradition we decided going to York - a small, picturesque tourist town at the seaside, located in the southeastern part of Maine. On the 27th of August, early in the morning we went to my uncle’s car with the entire luggage, prepared to leave and spend a nice, relaxing vacation, far away from the problems of the city. Unfortunately the unpleasant surprises started from the first second of our vacation.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Have you ever been on a vacation. To me a vacation is a time to be with friends or family. When I think of vacations, I think of packing, the flight or drive, and relaxation. Not only is it very exciting to go on a vacation, but you get closer to the people that go with you. Linda, my best friend's mom had asked me if I would want to go with their family to Florida. When she asked me I thought she was kidding, but when she said, "I need to know because if you are I need to get you a airplane ticket," I knew she was serious.... [tags: Summer Vacation Essays]
1286 words (3.7 pages)