My hero is my dad. He is my superman. He is my leader. My dad is a dad who motivates me and keeps me going, even when I want to give up. He is there for me when I don’t want to try anymore and he always keeps me going. Of all the heroes in the world, my dad is at the top of the list.
I always think to myself, “What would I do if I didn’t have a father like him?” I think about it and then I say, “I would be in the cracks, not doing anything because there is no one here to keep me going and to keep me motivated.” My dad is an amazing cool person to me because he shows me that no matter what struggles he faces in his life or what happens to him, he always gets out of them and he has me and my mom to help him.
My dad is a hero to me because he shows me strength he explains the bad choices he has made in his life so that I can make the good choices. If it wasn’t for my mom and Jesus, my dad wouldn’t be who he is today. My dad is a man of honor to My Lord and Savior. He shows me that if I ever need help with a decision, I need to either go to him or ask God for help. When my dad started working here in Greeley, he, my mom, and I all had to make a decision to move up here. My mom and I didn’t get to see my dad a lot in Trinidad, so that’s when my mom said we were going to move up here to be him.
When I was about seven years old my dad wanted me to go out for basketball so I tried out, he is one of the most athletic people I know. Well ever since he had me go out for basketball I have been doing sports then when I want to give up when I can’t make that perfect lay up or when I can’t make that perfect over hand serve he will sit there and help me do it till I get it done and done right. My dad also taught me how to play half my spor...
... middle of paper ...
... day speed kills me, don’t cry because I was smiling” and my dad always tells me “If one day something happened to me at work don’t cry because I was smiling.” My dad and Paul Walker could be brother but sadly that didn’t happen, he and my dad are generous people and that’s what I love the most about them. They are both my inspirations my dad coming up from a non God loving family to something greater and Paul Walker coming up an a nobody to a actor that was in the world best trilogies ever. Even though Paul Walker had died he will be my inspiration.
Paul Walker is a man with a kind heart he always said “If you can’t have fun while you’re doing something then what’s the point of doing it anyway.” He was a good actor, a good person that will always be in my heart even if I didn’t know him as a friend or as a family member I still love him as if he was my uncle.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... These two fatal flaws lead to Okonkwo’s own emotional isolation, and his inevitable downfall. Driven by the fear of being seen as weak and emasculated, Okonkwo exhibits hyper masculinity and rage. Although this behavior initially leads to success in the patriarchal society of Umofia, rage is his greatest bane: it masks his compassion and pusillanimity. Onkonkwo’s obsession to never appear feminine is driven to the extreme. He denies affection even to his own family, “never show[ing] any emotion openly, unless it be the emotion of anger.... [tags: hardwork, father, perseverance, respect]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- “Wow, so your dad is like, a hero isn’t he. That’s so cool!” I paused for a moment. My dad was a hero. “Yeah, I guess so”, I responded. In those few phrases, my perception of my father was completely changed forever. He didn’t stop being my dad at that point, he never will. But in that moment, he suddenly became almost larger than life. My childhood was rather unexciting, and dare I say, normal. My parents were married, I was an only child, we had a pet cat and went to church on Sundays. During the weekdays I went to school, went to dance classes after and at night I came home to finish up my homework and eat dinner.... [tags: Mother, Family, Father, Parent]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- In Search Of A Hero For my research paper, I considered investigating many different NHL goalies that have influenced me because I have been an Ice Hockey goalie for 3 years now and I decided to choose Martin Brodeur of the New Jersey Devils because he is considered to be one of the best in the history of the game. I am interested in him because he has broken every record set by NHL goalies before him and has received several awards for his stellar play over the course of his career. His hybrid style, a mix of old and new techniques, is much different from any other goalie in the league and poses a challenge to other players that face him.... [tags: Hero]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- We all have someone in our lives who we consider a hero. This hero may be an athlete, an actor, a friend, or a historical figure; but just like Targan in True Grit, my hero is who I think of as a hero. Karl Harris, my father, displays heroic qualities such as bravery, strength, and selflessness. I am honored to have such a heroic father who leads by example. First of all, my dad displays bravery in every aspect of his life. My dad has to be brave in his line of work. He has worked as a Deputy Sheriff in Meade County for over fifteen years.... [tags: Family, Hero, Mother, Sheriff]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- The tragic hero has served as the foundation of Greek tragedy since its inception in ancient times. He or she serves as a rallying point for the audience to cheer for and mourn with throughout the story, and ultimately teaches the audience a lesson about human vulnerability and strength through defeat. A tragic hero is “a privileged, exalted character of high repute, who, by virtue of a tragic flaw and fate, suffers a fall from glory into suffering” (DiYanni). The combination of the tragic hero’s character traits and the storyline he or she follows make the tragedy an actual tragedy rather than a depressing story with a sad ending.... [tags: god, hero, greek theories]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- How The Hero 's Journey Will Change Your Life I went years without knowing that the hero 's journey is involved in most of my life. We read it in books, see it in movies and can even apply it in our own lives. Some examples of this journey would be a high school graduation, getting a indian name, or even Ariel 's journey to human land in The Little Mermaid. In these big events otherwise known as the hero 's journey we experience a,"process of separation, initiation,and return...each stage must be completed successfully if the initiate is to become a hero"(Harris and Thompson 50).... [tags: Hero, Monomyth, Initiation, True Grit]
1827 words (5.2 pages)
- A True Hero As I read David Halberstam’s ideas in his essay, “Who We Are” (2004), I started thinking about our nation’s leaders and heroes. September 11th came to my mind and the many firefighters and rescue workers who heroically risked their lives to save complete strangers. Then, I remembered that the media dubbed Jessica Lynch a hero when she came back to the United States. Not only Jessica, but also many other American soldiers fighting abroad are called heroes. I started wondering if their bravery actually makes them true heroes or not.... [tags: Definition Hero Heroes Essays Role Model]
3557 words (10.2 pages)
- People questioned if Beowulf acts of heroism can really be called heroic. He may have done it just to gain fame, or made it sound unrealistic so that people would see him as a god. A hero is someone who is isn’t afraid to dance with death if it means doing what is right, or protecting someone. Beowulf has shown to have this characteristic by his tales of adventures. For example “I drove five great giants into chains, chased All of that race from the earth. In the darkness of the night hunting monsters Out of the ocean, and killing them one By one” (154-158).... [tags: Beowulf, Hero, Grendel, Grendel's mother]
1667 words (4.8 pages)
- The Hero’s Journey is never an easy one. This particular journey, as detailed in Homer’s The Odyssey, is one of struggle, loss, heartache, pain, growth and triumph. It is comprised of many steps that Odysseus has to overcome and battle through in order to achieve his final goal of reaching his home and his loved ones. From the Call to Adventure to the Freedom or Gift of living, Odysseus conquered them all. The story begins in the middle of the story, as many of the oral Greek traditions did, with the Journey of Telemachus to find his father.... [tags: Hero, Homer, Odyssey, Odysseus]
1885 words (5.4 pages)
- What is a Hero. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary a hero is an individual who is admired for great bravery or fine qualities. To me a hero is so much more than a person who shows great bravery. When I think of a hero many fine qualities come to mind; intelligence, courage, altruism, compassion and great bravery. In order for me to better explain what I believe to be a hero, I want to describe the hero in my life; my Father. My dad is an exceptional man, not only has he been in the United States Marine Corps for 24 years and counting, going on numerous tours overseas, he is a student pursuing his Master’s degree.... [tags: Hero, Courage, Preity Zinta, Sunny Deol]
1049 words (3 pages)