I 'm not sure when I 'm going to be in the library next it probably won 't be until Judy 's retirement party. I 'm leaving work that day at 2 so I should be there about 2:30ish.
I wanted to catch you up on what 's been going on which isn 't much or important, but that 's what our usual conversation revolved around so maybe you won 't mind :)
My trip was wonderful I think it was the best one I 've had down to the low country to date. We went with Sam 's best friends parents whom we love and according to them they have adopted us as their other children. They 're just really fun to be around and we all have a lot in common and the same ideas about life so we all got along really well. The woman Amy got her first deer ever a doe and was so excited I thought she would pee her pants! lol seriously it was a little over the top. I think Sam and her husband were embarrassed personally I thought it was funny and just excited to see someone so happy about hunting. hat 's how you know she will be a lifelong hunter. Also if she was that excited about a little doe she 'll really pee her pants if she every gets a big buck. That same night her husband got 2 bucks so since we were going to be skinning and gutting deer a while I took the opportunity to practice more on my skinning skills to try and help us get back to the cabin a little faster.
The weather most of the time was nice some early mornings and evenings were cold, but not unbearable. It rained a good bit too, but thankfully most of the time not when we were outside. Because of all the rain prior to us coming and when we were there the swamp was flooded terribly. The stand I usually hunt in I had to hunt the opposite way because the way I 'm usually facing was complete...
... middle of paper ...
...e been board a lot, but with school starting back I will appreciate the down time to be able to work on school stuff. My one in room class will be tue/thu 9:30-10:50 which is weird bc the whole time I 've been going to school I 've always had mon/wed classes and bc I get to work at 8 and will only work for an hr and 20 mins before leaving for class and coming back a lil while later. I actually think I will like these changes tho. My classes are all with the same teacher and I have a computer class the one I 've dropped 2 times already and I 'll focus most of my attention on it a office procedures class that 's just building on the one I already did I don 't think will be to hard hopefully and a workplace kind of internship that I 'm actually going to be able to do at the job I 'm already just recording my time and what I do and maybe a paper here and there.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There 's a first time for everyone and this one just so happened to be my first canoe trip. Being pushed off the small bank covered in seashells, and grasping the paddle firmly in my hand held a new sensation for me, especially after realizing my feet were indeed not on land, but firmly placed to stabilize our canoe. The sound of the cars overhead from the bridge did not escape me as we paddled under through the man made canal. The sound of engines dominated the vicinity and added to the noise pollution that irritated the environment.... [tags: Natural environment, Pollution, Ecology]
708 words (2 pages)
- Trip to Africa - Original Writing In October 2004, myself and 23 other well travelled (and not so well travelled) locals went on a two-week adventure in South Africa. Within a few hours of stepping off the plane in Jo’burg International Airport we had seen the famous Jacaranda trees, visited two places representative of South Africa’s’ diverse history and learnt the exciting and challenging journey of the Vortrekker settlers. We soon realised that to fit in everything on the itinerary this wasn’t going to be a sunbathing break, but anything was possible with our fantastic tour guide (and friend) Liese, and our driver (and chief bird spotter) Roy.... [tags: Papers]
691 words (2 pages)
- Holland, Paris and Belgium Trip - Original Writing It was Wednesday 17th June 2002. Finally the day had come. The feeling of excitement and anticipation was overwhelming. I had been picked just over six months beforehand. I was going to Holland, Paris and Belgium with my school. One whole week with all my friends, visiting four of Europe’s best theme parks including a trip up the Eiffel Tower and a boat trip along the River Seine. This was sure to be the best trip I had ever been on.... [tags: Papers]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- Happy Little Accidents I never intended to go to Belize. Bob Ross, the famous painter, used to say that there are no mistakes, only “happy little accidents.” Whenever he would make a stroke he did not intend, he would find a way to use that stroke to make the painting better; transforming a stray line into a tree’s trunk, or morphing a misplaced color into a bird in flight. As I would watch The Joy of Painting endlessly on TV, I thought about the skill of men like Mr. Ross at making the best of his situation, and turning his “mistakes” around to make the whole work of art turn out better.... [tags: Lesson plan, Teacher, Belize, Trip]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- This Case of Insanity - Original Writing It seems strange to be sitting here writing, not having used pen and paper for twelve months. They don't usually allow you to have such things in here, but one of the wardens, with whom I have made friends, said that as I have been exceptionally well behaved he would see what he could do for me. I am writing this under supervision; however, for they fear that I may do something dangerous with the pen - such as gouging out one of my fellow patient's eyes.... [tags: Papers]
1407 words (4 pages)
- Original Writing Krrrriiiinnggg!!!. Ah, the sound of that bell never sounded so blissful on that day. It was time for our so-called sem-break while actually having trimesters. Everyone was so eager to get out of the classroom and go to their pre-planned gimmicks. Some were going to malls, some to their usual hang-out place, and others were itching to play basketball. I thought this break would be a lot of fun and that it would be a very good opportunity for me to catch up on the sleep I have been missing.... [tags: Papers]
451 words (1.3 pages)
- Original Writing One warm summer July in the beautifully island of Mauritius, where the birds are always singing and the sky never turns grey. I sat on the beach with the golden sun shining through the almost tanned yellow sand, the colours complementing each other in a rich luxurious mixture.... [tags: Papers]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- Original Writing "A distant howl broke the silence" "Come on, time to go!" I heard Mum shouting. I quickly jumped off my bed and grabbed my green rucksack. On the way out of the bedroom I whipped my baseball off the peg and sat it on my head. Down the stairs I ran and stroked the cat on my way out. It was time to go. I spent the last week packing and unpacking my bag. I was so excited that I couldn't think about anything else. This was finally the day I had been looking forward to for the last two months.... [tags: Papers]
657 words (1.9 pages)
- Original Writing A crunch of pebbles as a perfectly crafted square of engineered metal falls to the beach. 5 figures crawl from their vessel onto a dreary beachhead. The rain beat down on a terrible Tuesday night. Silver, a man in his prime of physical fitness, shivered in the cold. Like lambs his men followed him intently, without question. In their minds, however, they were at home. With their wives and girlfriends, away from the war. Too many men have perished on this 2-mile stretch of coastline for man to contemplate, for a war that is yet to be understood.... [tags: Papers]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- Original Writing RRRIIINNNGGG. RRRIIINNNGGG!!. Not again, this was the limit. RRRIIINNNGGG. I rolled out of bed, and hit the cold wooden floor of my temporary accommodation. I strolled half asleep to the phone, and picked it up, "Helloooo," I yawned down the phone. I had a very good idea of who might have woken me up, as early as it was. "Hi, honey, are you ok?" asked my wife Julie; confirming my suspicions. "I'm fine thanks dear, you had to call again, and you know I'm flying back in a couple of hours time." I sounded I annoyed, but I loved her deep down, and she knew it.... [tags: Papers]
1022 words (2.9 pages)