1. Out of all my previous work experience, my time spent at Fortinos has been most effective in building trust amongst my team members and leading by example. While working in a fast paced environment with many duties, it was very important to me to establish myself as a trustworthy person. I accomplished this by going above and beyond in my duties, therefore proving I could be counted on to perform tasks efficiently and with a high degree of performance. I also built trust amongst my coworkers by having conversations with them outside of work, and getting to know them all very well. The trust I built with my team was helpful because my coworkers knew I could be relied on in times of need, whether it be taking over a shift, or completing extra tasks in the department. I also led by example due to my hard work ethic and desire to maintain positive relationships with coworkers and costumers alike. On various occasions my manager and coworkers claimed that I was the best worker in the department, and one of the best workers in the store. This led to my manager trusting me with additional tasks such as opening the store during peak holidays, training new employees, and evaluating employees. When I reflect upon my time spent employed in the bakery, I believe my hard work influenced coworkers to also increase their productivity as well. Due to the compliments from others in the store, as well as my own feelings, I also believe that I was more mature and had a greater desire to succeed in my job than other employees my age did. I feel as though these traits will help me succeed in the Residence Head Soph position in the upcoming year. As a Head Soph, I believe it is very important to maintain a high level of trust amongst you...
... middle of paper ...
...plement a carnival day, and snowball fights during the winter. I also think that it is very important to maintain weekend programs for students who do not drink. Some ideas I have come up with include: Rock-climbing expeditions, yoga under the stars, throwback Thursday movie nights, potluck dinners, and late night Recreation Centre workouts, just to name a few. I believe I have quite a few good ideas planned if I were to be selected as Residence Head Soph. However, I am aware I cannot organize successful residence programs unaided. I am prepared to maintain regular communication with the Residence Manager, the Residence Orientation Coordinator, the Coordinator Orientation Initiatives team, my Residence Soph team, and the other Head Sophs. With consistent communication, and organized and innovative programs, I think I would make a great addition to the Head Soph team.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Time Spent on Social Media In the age that we live in, social media has intergraded with college student’s daily lives and how much time is spent on social media. Social media is neither inherently bad nor good it all depends on how it is being used. “Social media are increasingly mobile, smartphones and tablets give users instant and around the clock access to social media and other web functions.” (Martinez-Aleman) When college students access sites on social media like Twitter or Facebook and get side tracked then social media is bad because it effects their education.... [tags: University, Education, Sociology, Student]
1311 words (3.7 pages)
- Late night fire drills, early morning room evacuations, those are a few of the things that come to mind when I think about my first semester at UCF. I didn’t plan on taking five courses this semester but I did, and I am extremely proud of the progress I have made in each course. Learning how to effectively manage my stress, understanding the importance of setting short term goals and analyzing the amount of time spent effectively, are three of the main points I took away from SLS1501 this semester.... [tags: Goal, Term, Time, Future]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- My time spent learning how to drive started at age 12 leading up to getting my license when I turned 16, driving has taught me many valuable lessons. To this day I am still learning lessons, every time my foot touches the accelerator. One of the greater lessons it’s has taught me is to have trust in my self. I can still remember the first time my Granpa looked over at me in the truck and said, “You wanna try driving through the pasture, I can scoot the seat up for you and I’ll be right here”.... [tags: Driving, Driver's license, 2007 singles, Backup]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- The time I spent in Group Dynamics, was an eye opening experience. Going into any group setting, you expect people to come from all different backgrounds nonetheless; you have no way of knowing how those differences will play out, unless you watch the dynamics first hand. While observing people in a group, I have seen personalities unravel and clash into one another, inevitably leaving one wounded while the other down plays the exchange. Learning to integrate those situations into a learning experience is one key to being a good leader.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology, Need]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- Time spent on personal grooming is an investment into one’s appearance. Both men and women spent time and money in looking better. However, more women compared to men are concern about their physical appearance. In this study, we observed whether there was a significant difference between gender and the time spent on personal grooming. Seventeen undergraduate students from an experimental psychology course (6 males, 11 females) volunteered to participate in this study. A survey was given to the participants.... [tags: trying to make one's self beautiful]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- The person I spent time with is a 70year old woman who is a church member at the old church where I used to volunteer at. She is from lower class social economic status; she is a widower. I will be calling her Miss G; she lives by herself and has been retired for 15 years and no longer works, she depends on the aid she receives from the government as she receives social security checks. With this check she pays for her necessities and explains why she needs to penny pinch every time she can. The activity Miss G and I did was to go grocery shopping together.... [tags: Cognition, Psychology, Cognitive psychology]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Everywhere you go, teens seem to be glued to their phones, tablets, or computers. Technology is an addiction that does not seem to be going away any time soon. According to the Washington Post, teens can spend up to seven or more hours on their digital devices a day and the usage is still increasing. Not surprisingly enough, more than a third of all teenagers own a cellphone, ranging from a smart phone or just a plain old-school flip phone. But can spending all that time on their computers and smart devices be such a bad thing.... [tags: internet, computer, smart devices, education]
682 words (1.9 pages)
- 1- Reflect over the last term. What should you have done differently. How would that have impacted your life and outcome of the term. I should have spent more time studying bio and making friends. If I had devoted more of my time to Bio I would have probably made a better grade in the class, but I felt like I already didn’t have enough time to get everything done. I also wish I had branched out more at the beginning of the year and made more friends. One of my roommates is a friend from my high school though, so I feel like I stayed in my high school friend group when I came to college.... [tags: High school, Academic term, Friendship]
1720 words (4.9 pages)
- I spent my time volunteering with the Concordia teacher corps as a reading coach at Faubion elementary school. This program has been going on for a couple of years, and what it does is help struggling readers in the community. It takes students who very often can not even write their own name, or even know where to begin reading a book, and pairs them up with a reading coach. The reading coach 's job is to not only teach them how to read, but also to show them that reading can be enjoyable. This can prove to be exceptionally difficult when tutoring an energetic kindergartener who does not want to sit still.... [tags: Teacher, Education, Secondary education]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Time Spent in Waiting Rooms As I get older there are a few things I’ve started to notice. One that really stands out is the amount of time I spend in waiting rooms. In my particular situation, I have an 85-year-old father, a wife, a fifteen-year-old son, four house cats, goats, horses, dogs, a few other relatives, and assorted other animals that turn up from time to time. My father, who has been a widower for several years, has a variety of ailments. Primary among these ailments are boredom and loneliness.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- Cultural And Behavioral Beliefs Make Up The Core Values And Traditions Of East Asian Philosophy
- Why Races Are Not Biological Facts, But Cultural Constructs?
- A Brief Note On Fracking And Human Rights
- My Mother Is A Wonderful Individual
- Starbucks Coffee Company : The World 's Biggest Coffee Shop
- Beowulf Vs. Gilgamesh : A Comparison Of Equally Epic Proportions