I’ve decided to run again. As an alternative to racing, I ran on an incline. Some things are done for its own sake and others for something else (Ross, 1999). I ran on an incline to achieve a satisfied, self confidence in my body’s appearance. This is one of many ends, the immediate end. The end to which the potentiality of my body matches that of my mind. My mind is the result of vigorous cultivation via experience, decisions, knowledge, awareness, etc. The end to which I may feel beautiful, a physical virtue attributed by my psyche; a psychê that yearns to develop.
During the first day of running, I was cautioned to limit the length of the run. According to Aristotle, souls are comprised of two portions, the rational and the irrational part (Ross, 1999). Experience permitte...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Time and time again, I find myself sitting and thinking. Letting my mind wander wherever it takes me. In the most intricate trails of thought, I am able to lose a sense of time. Thought processes that take me into new grounds –uncharted territories –seem to last an hour while really consuming just a few brief minutes. The pace at which I can really sit down and explore my own mind in no way, shape or form represents the mechanical ticking of a clock. Consider it a craft or a special ability, I would say, “maybe.” The time I spend thinking brings me closer to who I am, and who I want to be.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Cognition, Psychology]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- My mind is running while with questions of why he changed his mind; a day ago he wasn 't even willing to listen to what I had to say and today he is willing to change his mind. Who understands man. "Meet me here tomorrow at five?" His husky male voice brings me out of my thoughts. He is looking at me and I can feel my cheeks heat. Why is he affecting me this way. "Ava?" He raises his eyebrow as if confused as to why I am not answering. "Yes, sorry," I nod my head and retrieve my bag from the floor by the window.... [tags: Debut albums, 2005 singles, Smile, 2008 singles]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- Experts are people who have learned to reflect on their own thoughts while reading. They can read something and simultaneously think about aspects of their life than are relatable. Being able to do this makes life and thinking less cluttered and clearer. I struggle with this. Unless the reading is something I care deeply about. I find myself thinking solely about the content and what I’m expected to take from it. I don’t want to spend unnecessary time reflecting on what I read. I want to get the assignment done and move on.... [tags: Mind, Psychology, Thought, Brain]
2004 words (5.7 pages)
- Have you ever felt anxiety and happiness at once. I felt it when I was 15. I hardly push out those thoughts from controlling me. I woke up the next day feeling cool, but I was shocked I could sleep that night; I slept with those discouraging thoughts, and now I found my mind full with happiness and fear. My body; which felt disorder yesterday was now normal. After taking my meal, I went straight out into our school bus which came 4 minutes before I finished my meal. We had five good fighters in our team Oyinkan, Yemi, Musa, Tosin and I, but I was chosen to fight Ayo Adekunle.... [tags: Mind, Thought, Psychology, Combat]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- My thoughts of a "peak performer" a self-motivator, an overcomer, despite the obstacles or road blocks the world has thrown at you, you manage to overcome. As a peak performer, you know how to transform your negatives into positive results (Bethel University, 2013). Many times we face the unthinkable, problems or circumstances that we think we will never overcome, the peak performer sees the problem but focuses and on the solution, and with persistence overcomes. In life we all face trials and tribulations, this is all a part of life.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Critical thinking, Life]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Dreams are series of thoughts, images and stories occurring in a person’s mind during a sleep. In a single night a person have many dreams. On the other hand, My dreams are usually in the form of stories. Sometime, it embedded in my mind for some days but in most I forgot when I wake up in the morning. I will discuss my weird, good and some interested dreams below. 1. Firstly, I want to share a dream that I will never forget in my entire life. I had this dream just 10 days before. In the dream, me and my mother went for walk.... [tags: Sigmund Freud, Unconscious mind, Psychoanalysis]
2099 words (6 pages)
- Are Emotions Feelings, Thoughts, or Neither. Emotions are part of the experience of every person. However, emotions seem to be more complex than they are thought to be. This is by the virtue that people respond to emotions in a different ways. The understanding of emotions and their causes has raised various philosophical positions arguments. Some would look at emotion as feelings, thoughts or at times none of the above. The focus of this piece of writing is to look at the extent, if any, that our emotional responses can be understood as rational.... [tags: Emotion, Psychology, Cognition, Mind]
1148 words (3.3 pages)
- “Five, four, three, two, one, Open your eyes.” My eyes fluttered open upon the sound of my psychologist’s voice reaching my ears. I smiled at him as he asked how our first hypnosis therapy treatment went for me. He then cracked a joke about horses to lighten up the mood of the room. Though I smiled and laughed, an icy hand was digging into my shoulder squeezing me full of anxiety. After our laughter died down I let the question of my diagnosis escape my lips, hand delivered by the icy hand on my shoulder.... [tags: Thought, Psychology, Mind]
1334 words (3.8 pages)
- There is nothing that could have prepared me mentally for this exercise, because I am a very sociable person.Nonethless, I found an environment that was very peaceful which was perfect. Calming myself helped me to quite my mind, this made all my attention shift to my most positive and beautiful thoughts and feelings. This here help me to put aside all my negative thoughts and feeling towards life. On the first day of my experiment, I felt very excited about it because I have done this exercise before and felt a sense of relief, therefore I should be a walk in the park for, although there were just a few changes in my breathing pattern because I felt extremely anxious.... [tags: Meaning of life, Mind, Life, Anxiety]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- On a warm July morning in Florence, South Carolina, I feel the summer rays upon my face as I load the rest of my belongings in my mother’s red Kia. I haven’t left my parent’s house yet and I already felt bottom pit feeling in my stomach, the feeling of already being homesick. Finally, I am moving from my nest and I open up my wings to begin my journey to a pathway on finding a name for myself. I knew this is what I always wanted, but I couldn’t believe it is finally happening. I said my goodbyes to pets, they made this move so much harder for me.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Feeling, Emotion]
1047 words (3 pages)