Freshman composition has helped me develop my critical thinking skills in developing my rhetorical awareness. My strengths are apparent in the use of critical thinking skills within my essays. My writing skills demonstrate an understanding of how to form a clear message to the reader. I make this aware to the reader in my essay “Financial Advisors in Today’s Workplace” by clearly stating the three main topics: specific requirements, daily activities and the advantages and disadvantages of the job (“Financial Advisors …” 1-5). Therefore, I have developed the ability to analyze content, and decide how it relates to each main topic. Critical thinking is becoming one of my strengths because I have an understanding of what kind of information requires one to answer the question directly. Another example is my professor’s instructor analysis asking, “Was the essay fully developed with a minimum of three major points?” and “Were paragraphs developed properly with source references in the later parts of the paragraph?” I received a check mark for accurat...
... middle of paper ...
...hs and weaknesses. However, with the desire to work hard enough to have only a few minor mistakes, yet instead of two major weaknesses. Improving my communication skills will constantly be a challenge to accomplish because of the depth of grammar and mechanics. The course objectives challenge me to improve my writing to write a flawless paper. In addition, the portfolio gave me an opportunity to understand my strengths and weaknesses in the papers I have written. My writing skills will improve, because continually revising and editing will only improve my papers. Eventually, I hope to develop my weaknesses and possess stronger critical thinking skills, as well as constantly improving my personal responsibility. In short, school, my career, or life will challenge my weaknesses, but I will have to develop them further into strengths with hard work and determination.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout the years in middle school and high school I 've had to write many essays. Every time I walked into class and on the board it said "Essay" the anxiety attacked. Writing essays was never my favorite thing to do and im pretty sure many people feel the same way. My last teacher said he liked the creativity I had in my writing the only thing missing was knowing how to writing correctly. No writer is born knowing how to write perfectly they all had to learn and that’s what I 'm doing except what they learned stuck to them.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writer, Creative writing]
1056 words (3 pages)
- A Meta-Analysis is defined as being a quantitative statistical analysis of several separate but similar experiments or studies in order to test the pooled data for statistical significance. In this Creative Writing Meta-Analysis Essay, I will identify the strengths and weaknesses of my writing portfolio, what I have learned from our reading, workshops, lectures, and visiting artists. All of these various components together have aided in my representation of what it is to be a creative writer. In preparation for each upcoming class students had required readings assigned as homework to be discussed in the next class time.... [tags: Literature, Writing, Fiction, Writer]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- In the past few years I have grown a great amount as a writer. I am still growing and am always looking for ways to enhance my writing skills. I have specific strengths and certain weaknesses, but there are methods to mend the weaknesses and even better my strengths. Firstly, my strengths in writing have developed much over time. My struggles in the past are now my advantages. One of my struggles in the past was organization in what I wrote. It was difficult for me to keep my writing organized in a way in which the reader would understand what order events had happened in.... [tags: Writing, Better, Essay, Improve]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- My Strengths and Weaknesses as a Writer There are no perfect writers on the planet we call Earth. Perfect in which they have no weaknesses in their writing. Everyone has their own highs and lows pertaining to their writing abilities. Through my experiences with writing essays in high school, I noticed a few strengths and weaknesses in my writing. The primary strength in my writing is the structure. To be concise with wording comes effortlessly to me, and therefore I do not ramble on to tangents.... [tags: Writing, Essay, High school, Negative feedback]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- I have learned a lot after I have carefully reviewed through the self-assessment (Bethel University, 2014). I have come to the realization that I have been battling some of the same weaknesses most of my life. Now that I have honestly identified some of my weaknesses and strengths in writing, I know that I have a lot of work to do to make myself a better person (Bethel University, 2014). I have honestly identified speaking, mathematics, positive visualization and optimism, seeking support from others, and self esteem and confidence as my weaknesses (Bethel University, 2014).... [tags: Writing, Citation, Communication, APA style]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- This class has helped me realize my strengths and weaknesses in literature. This has allowed me to grow and realize that I am a work in progress. I am confident that by the end of this class my big issues in writing will be improved. Each assignment in this class is helping grow and is making me into the writer I know I can be. I seem to learn better when I constantly read over the material I am studying. This allows the material to constantly be running in my mind. I am a person who will read or hear something and it usually sticks with me.... [tags: Writing, Better, Improve, Study skills]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- One of my strengths that came from this class was locating and evaluating primary sources. Before this class, I would google my topic and hope to find a source. During this class I learned how to use the library website to find reputable sources. I found out how to use the databases and how to find peer reviewed scholarly sources. By the time I wrote my research paper, I used only peer-reviewed scholarly articles. Also, by the time of my research paper, I knew how to evaluate the sources. Since I knew my sources were all credible because they were found on the library website, I did not have to check credibility or accuracy.... [tags: Writing, Paper, Writing system, Literature]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- The art of writing is a complex and difficult process. Proper writing requires careful planning, revision, and proofreading. Throughout the past semester, the quality of my writing has evolved significantly. At first, I struggled with the separation of different types of paragraphs, and I found writing them laborious. Constant practice, however, has eliminated many of my original difficulties, and helped to inspire confidence in my skills. As a collegiate writer, my strength lies in my clear understanding of the fundamentals of writing, while my primary weakness is proofreading my own work.... [tags: Writing an Essay]
442 words (1.3 pages)
My Strengths And Weaknesses By Reviewing My Career Skills By Developing My Inner Potential Of Becoming A Fluent Poet
- Throughout the year in Pre-AP English Literature I have learned a lot of information on the writing process. Through various writing assignments, I have learned to identify my strengths and weaknesses by reviewing my essays and writing reflections to look back on my improvements and my accomplishments. These perennial writing experiences I have done in class, as well as outside of class, have develop my writing skills tremendously by focusing on the pattern of the CEW structure, along with a clear, precise thesis that helps create a main idea and theme to follow while writing.... [tags: Essay, Writing, The Great Gatsby, Novel]
1832 words (5.2 pages)
- The self-assessment test shows people their areas of strengths and weaknesses (Bethel University, 2014). In order to achieve success people must learn to use their strengths and improve their weaknesses. The first step in this process is learning which skills are strengths and which are weaknesses (Bethel University, 2014). After taking the test I was pleased to find I had more strengths than weaknesses. However, the test brought to light issues that I did not realize could be hindering my success.... [tags: Writing, Communication, Management, Writing style]
918 words (2.6 pages)