I have always enjoyed thinking about ways to solve problems. I enjoy problem solving because I believe problem solving teaches people how to succeed in the real world as well as in the classroom. I have never loved history and science. Although I know history and science are vast components of understanding life, I have always found it to be boring. I always have preferred learning about people’s personalities, learning styles, and strengths. So in my free time, I tend to take quizzes that provide me with information about these things. One of the major reasons I love these subjects is, because I love anything that I can relate to real life so that I can help people as well as ...
... middle of paper ...
...e becoming a teacher will do the same. I want to be able to influence future generations, and make the world a better place.
Education benefits you in many ways; it provides opportunities for students to maximize their potential, and prepare for a bright future. Education has been in every life experience that has contributed to who I am today as a student. It has made a huge impact in my life and the people around me. It is for that reason that I have an enthusiasm for learning, helping others, and the ability to take initiative and achieve my aspirations. Despite the many transitions within my family, I have been strong and determined in reaching my goals. I wish to excel academically and professionally using strong leadership and interpersonal skills. These have increased during my K-12 experience and will continue to increase during my time at Stetson.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Being analytical with my thoughts helps keep the reasoning and logic of what the project is trying to accomplish into a real possibility. My thought process is very grounded and I try to utilize all of the available knowledge available to form the foundation of all group projects. While I use logic and knowledge to form all thoughts, I have a great visionary mind that is always thinking about or planning for the future. A great quality of a visionary leader is that I am open to new information according to Travis Turner’s Creative Leader article.... [tags: education, skills, job]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- According to the study of this course, I have learned many useful management skills and I feel like these skills will be applied to my future career development. When working on the self- assessment tests, I found myself fall into the category of the ISTJ personality types, which as illustrated by Myers Briggs, is the type of personality that is conscientious, considerate, and helpful. Personality traits such as honest, dutiful, practical and responsible are my strengths; personality traits such as stubborn, insensitive and poor communication skill are my weaknesses.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Personality psychology]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- When it comes to my schoolwork, I tend to be extremely conscientious, diligent, and ambitious. A few of my academic strengths are my organizational skills and ability to think critically. A weakness that I have is test taking; while taking tests I become nervous, and forget the information. I become upset with myself if I earn a C on a test or in a class. Then I consider what I could have done differently to receive a higher grade and apply it to future assignments. I react this way when it comes to my studies, because my dad used to get upset with us if we received anything below a B in specific subjects.... [tags: Education, High school, Teacher, School]
1046 words (3 pages)
- After reflecting on my Strengths and weaknesses that I addressed in my SWOT analysis I tried to come up with three goals that would push me to my career goal. I plan to get my doctorate in economics so that I may be a college professor. I was concerned with the time it would take to get my degree, but time has passed and I am no longer worried. I even visited the Advising center to clarify my degree plan and review the recommended courses. Community college is just a stepping stone. My eyes are set on A&M University and I plan to transfer in the fall semester of 2016.... [tags: High school, College, Money, 2006 singles]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
My Strengths And Weaknesses By Reviewing My Career Skills By Developing My Inner Potential Of Becoming A Fluent Poet
- Throughout the year in Pre-AP English Literature I have learned a lot of information on the writing process. Through various writing assignments, I have learned to identify my strengths and weaknesses by reviewing my essays and writing reflections to look back on my improvements and my accomplishments. These perennial writing experiences I have done in class, as well as outside of class, have develop my writing skills tremendously by focusing on the pattern of the CEW structure, along with a clear, precise thesis that helps create a main idea and theme to follow while writing.... [tags: Essay, Writing, The Great Gatsby, Novel]
1832 words (5.2 pages)
- On a daily basis, we come in contact with individuals that we have to communicate with, wither it be for work purposes, educational purposes, or social practices. As active humans we cannot escape the idea of socializing or communication, therefor; we make it a daily routine who we communicate with, how we communicate with them, what we listen to and how we listen it. With this routine habits are formed, some are strengths but others are weaknesses that diminish the communication quality. It is extremely important for individuals to recognize these strengths and weakness within their communication routine.... [tags: Communication, Nonviolent Communication]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Strengths and Weaknesses Every career requires specific soft skills in order to consider pursuing degree in that specific field. As a psychology major, some of the soft skills I need are Communication, Time management and Critical thinking. It’s very important for me to be fascinated with what I do in order to help others. The reason I picked these three soft skills is because having these skills can make me a great psychologist. Communication is required in every field of career, jobs or any sort of workplace.... [tags: Critical thinking, Thought, Psychology, Mind]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal strengths and weaknesses determine how an individual will perform in their careers and lives. Clifton and Nelson (2010), defines strengths as “things that one does well” (p. 42). Strengths are traits of a person’s performance or views that result in personal gratification and reward. Effective leaders should strive to develop their personal strengths. Strengths can be drawn from things that an individual currently excels at or those from the past. Weaknesses on the other hand, are things that result in lessened productivity.... [tags: leadership, management, leader]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- Rambo, Self-Assessment Seminar 7, LTC Self-Assessment As I work to identify, understand and develop my strengths and weaknesses revealed through several different leadership surveys and the curriculum of the Air War College, I felt it important, as it stands today, to analyze my abilities to lead at the senior (strategic) level in a dynamic Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental and Multinational (JIIM) environment. Therefore, after five combat deployments and a plethora of tactical and operational knowledge, I am looking forward to preparing myself for the move to the next level—Strategic—with an understanding of my strengths and weaknesses coupled with a solid plan for growth and develo... [tags: Problem solving, Decision making, Leadership]
2002 words (5.7 pages)
- It is simple to look at an individual’s life and analyze and critique their choices based on our own opinions and experiences. Is that fair. No. We may see their actions clearly but the reasoning behind these is what we should focus on when it comes to judging someone’s behavior or circumstances. A common judgment made about a person is based on their career. In our society, it would behoove us to look at the path that leads to becoming a doctor instead of a drug dealer. Application of career theories to my own life allows for analyzing past and future career decisions.... [tags: Career Theory]
958 words (2.7 pages)