The Google definition of the word mom is “one's mother; my mom each gave us a slice of pizza”…….So in my circumstance where the woman whom I consider to be my mom, is not my mother, and additionally came into my life after the point of where I desperately needed someone to get me a slice of pizza, does she not count? In my paper I’m going to discuss my relationship with one of the biggest role models In my life, and although she may be unrelated to me, and I may refer to her to other as my step-mom to others, to me she far exceeds the stupid Google definition to what any mom should be.
I was like most children seem to be, once a member of a loving family of a dad, a “mom” a sister and myself. But just like half of marriages in the United States and Canada my parents got divorced (Pg.326). After a long and dramatic outing with my mother I eventually was forced to mature at a young age and decide that living with my mom was not what was best for me and my future. I moved in with my dad full time and joined the lifestyle of the bachelor pad. But even though I was more than happy just living with my dad and my sister, I was unable to fathom how my dad must have felt at the time, and I realize now that no one likes to be alone. Even though he had us kids which I’m sure he would say is more than enough to make him happy, I can now see that everyone wants to have a significant other in their life and I couldn’t be happier now that he didn’t let us kids turn him away from that. But let me assure you it hasn’t always been that way. My dad started to date Renee Brisbois, and eventually married her on August 11th 2006. Renee was everything that anyone could want in a mother figure, but at the time that’s made managing my emotions such an ...
... middle of paper ...
...nk my step-mom could also work on listening and understanding that I’m not used to having to do those kind of things and be a little more patient with me.
There is a quote from “The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts” that says “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring – all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” This is my new favorite quote and I don’t think could fit my relationship with my step-mom any better. It says nothing about being a mother, a mom, or providing any stupid pizza; but what it does say is how everyone can turn someone’s life around if they try, and my-step mom, Renee, Mom or anything else you want to call her has done just that. She turned my life around, and I will always love her and know she feels the same.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Why are so many young girls becoming mothers before they reach adulthood and who is to blame. Do we blame parents for not speaking openly about the subject of sex and how to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Do we blame the school’s curriculum for inadequate sexual education. Has being a teen with a swollen pregnant belly become a social norm in our society, or a trend. Some may blame reality shows that depict the struggles of the teen mom, but tend to glamorize the stars of the show. I am all too familiar with the life of a teen mom.... [tags: pregenant, motherhood, finances]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- This paper goes into detail about becoming a real estate agent in Ontario. It talks about how there are many benefits that go along with the occupation which include making your own work schedule. It also talks about how there many negatives such as not making any money in the first few months of working as a real estate agent. In order to become a real estate agent, people must complete several courses offered by the Ontario Real Estate Association College. In addition to the completion of the courses, people must register with the Real Estate Council of Ontario.... [tags: Real estate, Property, Real property]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- Foreclosure.com Scholarship Program In existence is $150,000, specifically set aside for the purchase of distressed real estate. This essay will outline a detailed strategy ensuring a maximum return in regard to the financial investment made on the home. Including a description of distressed real estate and foreclosure in addition to how utility can play a role in the decision-making process. Distressed Real Estate and Foreclosure Distressed Purchase Collateral for the defaulted loan. Distressed real estate involves making a distressed purchase.... [tags: Real Estate ]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- A fast growing trend in today’s rocky real estate market; buy a house, flip it and sell it quickly to earn a lucrative profit. In today’s real-estate market you have to be smart about the purchase you make and do your homework. Choosing the right neighborhood, a home with good bones, a large lot, and quiet street are key factors in producing a profitable investment. Choosing a home in sketchy transitional areas and over improving for the type of market can leave a real estate investor with a property that stays on the market, causing the investor to loose profit and have to lower his asking price below market value.... [tags: Real Estate ]
1884 words (5.4 pages)
- Many Americans today live in conditions of urban blight, stranded in marginalized areas which are not viewed as attractive investments by developers. Yet properties in these neighborhoods can yield immense benefits to the developer’s pocketbook as well as his conscience. All distressed areas have characteristics to recommend them, if one is willing to take risks and reject myopic thinking these appealing aspects can be harnessed to generate profits and revitalize the surrounding community. One city struggling with vast tracts of neglected real estate is Buffalo, NY.... [tags: Real Estate ]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- My mom is very strict and growing up none of my family, including my dad, tried to disobey or upset her. When I was living at home, I was extremely afraid of my mother. Before I did anything, thoughts like, Will she get mad. Will I get caught. went through my mind for hanging out with my friends after school or going to 7-11 on my way home with people. I love my mom and I’m not in constant fear of her hiding in a corner, but since my mom was to such a degree, me and my brothers never did crazy things and rarely acted up.... [tags: Mother, American films, Thing, 2002 albums]
1361 words (3.9 pages)
- Commercial real estate is any property other than a single family home or a residential lot in a neighborhood. The commercial real estate market is handled very similarly industrial and residential real estate markets. The commercial real estate market goes through ups and downs just like any other investment market however investments into commercial real estate can be a very wise decision. Commercial real estate is similar to industrial and residential real estate in that when you buy it you are buying a building or land.... [tags: Real Estate]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- IT In Real Estate ABSTRACT Real estate is a very vast field it is growing day by day and it's not easy for buyer, seller or renter to get the information they require. There are many agents and agencies to whom people have to contact or visit to get the information which waste a lot of time and tiring and sometimes they are also not reliable ,so for easing this problem IT is playing it part by making real estate websites so that its easy for the buyer to find their desired property by searching all the properties available in different areas ,in the same way seller add their property and get it sold easily and people who are searching for property to rent can also find all the property ava... [tags: Information Technology Real Estate]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- Movies are most of the time related to a human being’s life. Movies apply psychology to their plots. For example, movies like the StepMom directed by Chris Columbus, and Good Will Hunting directed by Gus Van Sant show us that psychology is part of our lives in a day to day base. It could go from a divorce to a person who is scared to take a step in life. The textbook, Psychology: Core Concept, by Philip G. Zimbarbo, Ann L. Weber, and Robert L. Johnson, utilizes examples from these movies. We are going to see how these movies relate to the core principles of psychology.... [tags: Good Will Hunting, StepMom]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- When I was little, I referred to them as Mommy Susie and Mommy Patti. Mommy Susie was the one who gave birth to me, the one who died in a car accident when I was eleven months old. Mommy Patti was the one who married my dad when I was two and a half, who adopted me as her child, and has taken care of me ever since. I have vivid memories of talking to my adoptive mother about my biological mother, a subject matter which now seems oddly inappropriate. I think that, when I was younger, I did not entirely grasp the idea of death.... [tags: essays research papers]
991 words (2.8 pages)