All through my undergraduate studies, I have strived to develop a strong understanding of topics across
the breadth of computer science as I believe an initial holistic approach can prove a solid foundation for
any future pursuits in the field. Now, I would like to delve deeper into those topics that interest me and
carve out a niche for myself in them.
Over the years, I have been particularly interested in Computer Security. It is required in almost every
aspect of systems development and draws heavily on knowledge of the intricate workings of networks,
operating systems and mathematics. It was in my 3rd year of undergraduate studies that I was introduced
to its fundamentals through the course “Number Theory and Cryptography”. Learning about RSA and
zero knowledge protocols introduced me to this whole new way of looking at security. This convinced me
to take up “Computer Security” as an elective in order to develop a deeper understanding of the subject.
Other courses like networks, operating systems, distributed systems etc. furthered my understanding of
the role security plays in all these fields. Later, my experience working in the industry taught me the
different ways a product’s security can be compromised and all the measures and methods that should be
taken while designing the product architecture and while doing the actual coding. I believe through all
this I have acquired an ideal mix of a strong foundation in security as well as practical knowledge, which
will help me bring my own unique angle to solving problems. Pursuing a master’s degree in computer
science at UTCS will allow me to more fully develop my knowledge in these areas and contribute my
own bit to the ongoing research.
... middle of paper ...
...ests organized in our college.
I believe that all of my theoretical and practical knowledge across the breadth of computer science
provides me with the right skill set to pursue graduate studies; as I not only know how different fields
relate to each other but I can also effectively bring about the intertwining of different fields with security.
This strong foundation and my thirst to learn more is what I bring with me to UTCS.
I would like to conclude by saying, that it is not only the reputed name of UTCS, but it is the range of
research that has happened and is happening at UTCS, which has attracted me to it. I would love the
opportunity to work with the security group and explore the areas together. I thank you for reading my
statement of purpose and would like to end by saying that it indeed would be an honor, and a dream come
true, to be part of UTCS.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
Applying For Potential Graduate Programs : Requirements Call For A Statement Of Purpose And Letters Of Recommendation
- In order to apply for potential graduate programs, requirements call for a Statement of Purpose and Letters of Recommendation. To assist in the letter of recommendation or Statement of Purpose, please review the following sections; 1) Grey is the New Green; a maximum of two pages are required for the Statement of Purpose, which would be compiled from this section. Suggestions for editing are most welcome. 2) This may also help those assisting with a Letter of Recommendation to enhance your understanding of what my experiences and goals are towards furthering my education in Behavioral Economics.... [tags: Graduate school, College]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I am very thankful for providing me this opportunity and it is with sincere sense of gratification that I pen my brief statement of purpose. The course of Information Technology which I pursued at GURU NANAK college of Engineering further advanced the deep curiosity I had in computer science and mathematics since childhood .It is only natural that after completing my course I had a penchant to learn more, which guided me to take up the decision to pursue graduate study in research oriented and technological areas like Computer Science and Information Technology, that touch the lives of many in this modern age.... [tags: Graduate school, College, Statement of purpose]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- "Hold fast to your dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." - Langston Hughes I would like to introduce myself as Rob Geis. Since my childhood I’ve been inclined to having a practical approach to everything in life and have been greatly supported and encouraged by my parents throughout. Having a house nearer to an airport and watching the planes take-off and land daily from the terrace was the first seed sowed in my heart that made me take up engineering so that I could be as nearer to my passion of aeronautics as possible.... [tags: Statement of Purpose Essays]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- By performing research that creates new understanding, new technologies and the potential for action, my purpose for pursuing graduate school at this phase of my life is to propel my professional presence and career. I believe strongly in the potential of graduate study and research to ameliorate the challenges of society to accelerate growth into new life changing solutions and drive progress in technology, the economy and other areas. A significant proportion of our better health, wealth and general wellbeing whether environmental, cultural, social or spiritual was made possible by the research performed by universities and through the actions of people who were drawing on the benefits of... [tags: statement of purpose]
643 words (1.8 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE Qualification: B-Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering) I always believed in the fact that we never finish with education as long as we breathe, or to put it in tangible terms, life is one endless school session, a continuous process. I opine that education and training are not only in the long term interest of oneself, but also the overall development of the society. Thus, the dictum of expanding ones know – how through continuous learning and discovery has always enthralled me and is the sole motivating factor which persuades me to thrive for higher education.... [tags: education, learning, factor]
934 words (2.7 pages)
- ... The courses that I credited during my sophomore and junior years were a rich blend of science and practical engineering all reflecting a balance between its application and theory. It extended from Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Measurements, Advanced Control Systems, Digital Control Systems to core Instrumentation subjects like Industrial Process Control , Advanced Instrumentation (Elective-I) and Nuclear Instrumentation (Elective-II). The knowledge I gained from the courses was substantiated by undertaking several lab sessions during the program.... [tags: graduate, electronic, mechanical]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- As per our Tibetan Buddhist tradition, I was named Kunchok Sangpo, when I was still in the womb of my mother. Born and raised in a Buddhist family, I received my high school education from a Tibetan School, graduated from a Hindu University and completed my postgraduate education from a Christian University. Immersing in different cultures/tradition/religion has helped me look at life from different perspectives. I was awarded a special distinction for securing the highest grade on the national high school standard board exam, amidst all Tibetan School in India and was able to secure admission into India’s top college for commerce, Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi University, to complete... [tags: statement of purpose]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Statement of Purpose for Tony Harper “Never stop pursuing knowledge and education. These are things that no one can take from you regardless of what life throws at you.” This insightful piece of wisdom was offered to me by my grandfather, a professor at Northern Arizona University. He continually stressed to me that the attainment of knowledge and education are always worthwhile undertakings. For this reason I find myself unfulfilled unless some part of my days are spent actively seeking to further my current understanding of a given subject or endeavoring to learn a new one.... [tags: Personal Statement]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- One can always rely on studies of matter at the atomic scale to discover unique and unusual things. Given the way materials act under certain conditions, many times it seems one of these characteristics brings about the other, without explanation. It is this volatility and excitement that has solidified my continuous passion within this field and in my life’s endeavors. It is the curiosity of the unexpected, the search for a greater understanding of our world at the atomic scale, and in a dynamic environment, that brings me to pursue graduate studies in the USA.... [tags: Statment of Purpose]
1036 words (3 pages)
- ... I hope to find opportunities that will enhance my abilities and help to tap my full potential. I am aspiring after discover my own mind at University of Regina and applying to the pursuit in contemporary research challenges throughout my career. Furthermore, one of the noticeable challenges of humanity to satisfy our ever-growing demand for secure, clean energy. As the earth’s population is projected to reach nearly 10 billion by 2050, global energy consumption is expected to increase commensurately, with at minimum two-fold increase by 2050.To support this demand, petroleum has become one of the most important and most used fossil fuels.... [tags: graduate, environment, research]
1259 words (3.6 pages)