... middle of paper ...
...mature my passions in the entertainment and media sector. I am more than willing to dedicate my weeknights to further my education, and if core-curriculum classes are offered on the weekends, I would be open to taking classes on the weekends. My goal at Fordham is to learn how to assist economic growth within corporations. I know that an MBA is an essential building block to achieving my ultimate goal of supporting the longevity and effective growth of a production company or advertising agency. I envision being a mid-level project manager at a company and later advancing into the role of a VP of operations.
My long-term goals are to create original film and television programming, such as TV shows, movies, commercials, and visual applications. I would like to utilize the new developments of online media platforms to distribute web content and multi-media worldwide.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The film industry was one of the most exciting developments of the turn of the century. It influenced people in many ways, whether it involved people’s weekly routines, the way people behaved, or even fashion. Before motion pictures were introduced, entertainment was often “homemade”. People would play the piano, ride bicycles, or listen to their gramophones to entertain themselves. However, with the beginning of the film industry, people had a new way to spend their free time. Film was such a popular innovation that by the 1900’s, almost every town had a cinema.... [tags: Film, Movie theater, Movie projector, Movie studio]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Hollywood, a metonym for the American film and television industry is located in the West-northeast of Los Angeles Downtown. Due to its fame and cultural identity as the historical center of movie studios and stars, the word “Hollywood” stands an influential venue internationally. Many historic Hollywood theaters are used as venues to premiere major theatrical releases, and host the famous Academy Awards. It is a popular destination for nightlife and tourism, and home to the Walk of Fame. Except the film and television industry, Hollywood is famous of its editing effects, post-production, and lighting companies as well.... [tags: Film Industry, History]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- This year’s Oscar nominees caused an uproar in the African American community due to the lack of color representation. Of course the Black films that did earn a spot on the nomination chart didn’t grant the award or nomination to the people of color involved with the film. All of this is just the tip of the iceberg, for a little over a century, black characters have been Whitewashed, portrayed via Blackface, stereotyped, or exploited in the film industry. While there have been ups and downs in progress, Black representation in the film and media industry is still a recurring problem.... [tags: Film, Actor, African American, Black people]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Best known for his unique and non-linear style and to many people as the best director of the past decade, Christopher Jonathan James Nolan or just simply Christopher Nolan, is one of the most talented and influential film directors and screenwriters of our time. He, like most directors have never studied film and is a self-taught filmmaker. In this essay I am going to write about his early life and how he got into filmmaking. His early career and his rise to fame with Batman movies, his personal life and the influences he have had on the film industry which makes him one of the best directors of all time and my personal favorite.... [tags: screenwriter, film director]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Going to the movies can be one of the most exciting things to a young child. This event can normally be thought of as special because they might get to have soda, popcorn, and candy while sitting in a dark room with comfortable chairs. While sounded by this darkness they do not become scared because of the projection of the film on the screen that is coming from behind them. The start to experience something that they might not be able into in real life, such as watching a superhero at work. This special day out can be ruined very quickly if you start to think about what is actually being viewed and how.... [tags: Film, Movie theater, Marilyn Monroe, Narrative]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Film Festival Start ups Silicon Valley fairly bursts with life and energy. Everywhere you look new companies, ideas and innovations are on the move and on the rise. Welcome to the land of start ups; small companies with a dream who survive and thrive by skill, luck and sheer tenacity. While the term usually describes high tech concepts, start-ups abound in the Valley - from the small catering company on the comer to the neighborhood printing shop down the street to the local film festival. Yes, that's right - film festival.... [tags: Movies Films Film Festivals Essays]
1834 words (5.2 pages)
- In society, women are often perceived as the weaker sex, both physically and mentally. In modern times women have leveled the playing field between men and women, and feminism is a highly discussed topic, but for years, women faced discrimination and prejudice both in life and in the workplace, due to their sex. This way of thinking flooded into the world of film. In their works, the authors of each of the various sources address the limitations and liberations of women both on and off the screen in nineteenth century Film and Cinema.... [tags: Film]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- The Artist Analysis Introduction Silent film, a nearly extinct cinema genre, has been brought back to life to live out its final moments in the modern age. This art is the original form of cinema that first used the techniques of cinematography and acting to construct a base platform that made the film industry into the success it is today. The Artist is of the romance genre, as it tells the story of a silent film actor trying to survive the progressing technology with the film industry and the invention of the “Talkies” or films with dialog that can be heard and eventually finding his place in the end.... [tags: Film, Silent film, Sound film]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- Technology & Film Technology has had a huge impact on the world, especially the film industry. It has had a long past and as the technology advances, it becomes more and more realistic. It all began with the first machine patented in the United States that showed animated pictures or movies. It was called the “wheel of life” or “zoopraxiscope” and was patented in 1867 by William Lincoln. Moving drawings or photographs were watched through a slit in the zoopraxiscope. However, modern motion picture making began with the invention of the motion picture camera.... [tags: Film Cinema Movies]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- INDUSTRY BACKGROUND AND OVERVIEW Industry: Digital Cameras (Photography) The digital camera industry is, without a doubt, one of the newest industries in the world. With the first electronic camera being invented in 1981 and the first consumer digital invented in 19951, the digital camera actually traces its roots back to the photography industry. In 1888, with the development of the silver halide film slide and the portable camera by George Eastman2, capturing and recording images has always been popular throughout the history of mankind.... [tags: Airline Industry Overview]
1800 words (5.1 pages)