... middle of paper ...
...mature my passions in the entertainment and media sector. I am more than willing to dedicate my weeknights to further my education, and if core-curriculum classes are offered on the weekends, I would be open to taking classes on the weekends. My goal at Fordham is to learn how to assist economic growth within corporations. I know that an MBA is an essential building block to achieving my ultimate goal of supporting the longevity and effective growth of a production company or advertising agency. I envision being a mid-level project manager at a company and later advancing into the role of a VP of operations.
My long-term goals are to create original film and television programming, such as TV shows, movies, commercials, and visual applications. I would like to utilize the new developments of online media platforms to distribute web content and multi-media worldwide.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hollywood, a metonym for the American film and television industry is located in the West-northeast of Los Angeles Downtown. Due to its fame and cultural identity as the historical center of movie studios and stars, the word “Hollywood” stands an influential venue internationally. Many historic Hollywood theaters are used as venues to premiere major theatrical releases, and host the famous Academy Awards. It is a popular destination for nightlife and tourism, and home to the Walk of Fame. Except the film and television industry, Hollywood is famous of its editing effects, post-production, and lighting companies as well.... [tags: Film Industry, History]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Best known for his unique and non-linear style and to many people as the best director of the past decade, Christopher Jonathan James Nolan or just simply Christopher Nolan, is one of the most talented and influential film directors and screenwriters of our time. He, like most directors have never studied film and is a self-taught filmmaker. In this essay I am going to write about his early life and how he got into filmmaking. His early career and his rise to fame with Batman movies, his personal life and the influences he have had on the film industry which makes him one of the best directors of all time and my personal favorite.... [tags: screenwriter, film director]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Film Festival Start ups Silicon Valley fairly bursts with life and energy. Everywhere you look new companies, ideas and innovations are on the move and on the rise. Welcome to the land of start ups; small companies with a dream who survive and thrive by skill, luck and sheer tenacity. While the term usually describes high tech concepts, start-ups abound in the Valley - from the small catering company on the comer to the neighborhood printing shop down the street to the local film festival. Yes, that's right - film festival.... [tags: Movies Films Film Festivals Essays]
1834 words (5.2 pages)
- In society, women are often perceived as the weaker sex, both physically and mentally. In modern times women have leveled the playing field between men and women, and feminism is a highly discussed topic, but for years, women faced discrimination and prejudice both in life and in the workplace, due to their sex. This way of thinking flooded into the world of film. In their works, the authors of each of the various sources address the limitations and liberations of women both on and off the screen in nineteenth century Film and Cinema.... [tags: Film]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Bestselling author, Og Mandino, once said, “Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats” (“Career Quotes”). In life, not everything will be smooth sailing. Some things are hard to accomplish. People may need to struggle a bit before they finally achieve their goal. An example of this is in careers. A person may not get his most desired job right off the bat. He may have to work for it. One particular job this especially pertains to is the TV and Film industry.... [tags: Hollyywood, Success, Struggles, Actors]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- Intro German cinema was greatly affected during the Nazi movement between 1933 and 1945. Once appointed Chancellor of Germany on January 30, 1933 Hitler wasted no time and almost immediately began working on his propaganda strategy. Typically “propaganda targets a mass audience and relies on mass media to persuade. Propaganda is aimed at large numbers of people and, as such, relies on mass communication to reach its audience” (Gass, 14). The Nazi party used film propaganda to brainwash the German people, distract them from the harsh reality of the Nazi party, and attempt to intimidate the enemy.... [tags: Hitler's Use of Film]
2202 words (6.3 pages)
- The American film industry has become the most dominant over all other national cinemas. Millions of people now watch feature films all over the world but there is, and always has been one prevailing place where the films originate and this is the ‘cinema of the United States of America’ better known as Hollywood. This essay will explain how Hollywood has become the dominant force over all the other national cinemas in relation to historical factors which have affected the high quality of the films, the economic supremacy of Hollywood’s budgets and revenues, aswell as the glamour of high-profile actors and actresses.... [tags: Media History, Cinema]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- Technology & Film Technology has had a huge impact on the world, especially the film industry. It has had a long past and as the technology advances, it becomes more and more realistic. It all began with the first machine patented in the United States that showed animated pictures or movies. It was called the “wheel of life” or “zoopraxiscope” and was patented in 1867 by William Lincoln. Moving drawings or photographs were watched through a slit in the zoopraxiscope. However, modern motion picture making began with the invention of the motion picture camera.... [tags: Film Cinema Movies]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- The Evolution of Minorities in Film Back in the 1800’s, when calculating the population, African Americans were counted as 3/5 of a person (Antonia, p2). One would think that in the past two hundred years people’s beliefs would have changed a little bit, but the general white public are stuck into believing the common stereotypes commonly portrayed in movies. In films and television shows blacks are almost always portrayed as murderers, robbers, rapists, pretty much anything negative, like American History X, for example.... [tags: Movie Film Essays]
1763 words (5 pages)
- INDUSTRY BACKGROUND AND OVERVIEW Industry: Digital Cameras (Photography) The digital camera industry is, without a doubt, one of the newest industries in the world. With the first electronic camera being invented in 1981 and the first consumer digital invented in 19951, the digital camera actually traces its roots back to the photography industry. In 1888, with the development of the silver halide film slide and the portable camera by George Eastman2, capturing and recording images has always been popular throughout the history of mankind.... [tags: Airline Industry Overview]
1800 words (5.1 pages)