It all started mid January of 2006 when my sister Kayla and I were on our way home from my aunt’s house. We decided to take a different route home than we normally would have taken. Kayla said to me, ”Tell me when, and I will turn down the closest road on the left side.” We started driving and I shouted “WHEN,” about two blocks later. We took a left turn and happened to be on an uncontrolled road. As we were driving, I looked up and out my window just as another car collided with our passenger door. The first thing my sister did was make sure I was alright. Then, we decided we had to find a way out of the car. Since our car had been launched into an snowbank, we were unable to open the driver 's side doors. Since both of those doors were jammed with snow, and my door had been hit we had to crawl out of the car through the back passenger side door.
When we got out of the car, I seen the man that hit us. He was a hispanic man with a fine beard and wearing a sky blue sweatshirt with holey jeans. As he approached my sister and I he asked, “Are you okay”?
My sister replied, “Yes, but I am calling the cops.”
The man started begging, “Please. Please do not call the cops, we can work somethin...
... middle of paper ...
...rsections, but I am working through this fear..
There had been some positive outcomes from this devastating event. My sister has taught me how to take charge if I ever get into a accident. Now I know if I am ever in an accident, I need to call the cops and file an incident report. I also learned that I need to get the information from the other driver, such as their name, number, and insurance company. Even though something bad happened to me, I found the positive outcome.
Ever since that day ten years ago, I am constantly reminded when I am driving on what happened to me. Throughout the years I have been slowly working on overcoming my fear. I do not think that the feeling will ever completely go away, but I do know that it will get better with time. Therefore, one day, one crash, one hour, can have a huge impact on the way someone 's views and handles a situation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Crash My sister and I were on our way home until BANG. We started to slide left, and into a snowbank we went. I was about to cry, until my sister told me everything was going to be alright. I happened to be sitting in the passenger seat, scared as could be. I was so scared that I nearly wet my pants when the impact between the cars was made. This fatal event not only caused me to suffer from the fear of riding in the front passenger seat and trusting other drivers, but has also has shown me how to handle the situation if I am ever in an accident.... [tags: Automobile, Driving, Passenger, Trust]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- The Big Bang Theory Humans have long been curious about the origin of the universe. They also have been curious as to how and when the Earth was formed. It all started with the Big Bang. The life we are living as we know it would not be the way it is without it. In order to better understand The Big Bang Theory one must understand what it is, how it began, the evidence, and what happened during it. The Big Bang Theory is the approved model that scientists use to describe the beginning and original evolution of the universe.... [tags: Universe, Big Bang, Quark, Atom]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- The Big Bang is a widespread theory among astronomers and cosmetologists and is the leading explanation on how the universe began. The theory says that the universe started as a singularity. A singularity is a one-dimensional point which matter is held in an infinitely minuscule space where the laws of physics cease to exist. The rapid expansion of matter from a state of extremely high density and temperature caused a big “bang”. To current cosmological theories was the event that caused the universe.... [tags: Big Bang, Cosmic microwave background radiation]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Ever since the dawn of man, we have tried to understand the world around us. We still try to explain how this universe came to be and how we as humans came into existence. Throughout time, numerous different theories have arisen, from the big bang to Christianity and every Roman or Hindu god. Still we have no definite answer to these questions so could it have been purely science that led to our existence, or perhaps a God created us. The big bang is one of the most famous explanations to the creation of our Universe.... [tags: Universe, Big Bang, Earth, Evolution]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- identical. But soon, two russian physicists, would discover that the Alan Guth says that the big bang tells us nothing about the universe or how it formed. If you could take our universe and put the spread of particles in reverse, it would show that in fact it shows nothing about how it started or how it even caused it to inflate. When we say BIG BANG, we assume that we are talking about the bang, but in fact we have no information about how the particles spread. Alan Guth- A professor at MIT currently, but in 1979, him and a colleague named Henry Tie were processing a new idea about particles formed in space to create the big bang.... [tags: Universe, Big Bang, Physical cosmology]
1670 words (4.8 pages)
- Theory of The Big Bang The big bang theory is known as the most popular theory of how our universe came to be. It isn’t the only theory ever proposed but it is the most recognized because it seems to make the most sense. It takes into consideration other theories that help explain different aspects of the overall theory. It doesn’t just explain how the universe came into existence, it also offers an explanation of everything inside of it. The theory really starts by saying there was nothing and then there was something, this is because it is really unknown what existed before.... [tags: Universe, Big Bang, General relativity]
1472 words (4.2 pages)
- The Big Bang Theory is “the beginning of space, time, matter, energy and the expansion of the Universe.” The Universe started off as a small point in the middle of nowhere. It was around ten billion degrees less than a second after starting. As everything expanded and got pushed apart, it all started to cool down. As the particles formed together, they created atoms. Over time, the atoms grouped together so much that they started making stars and galaxies. After an even longer time, the atoms started making asteroids, comets, planets, and even black holes.... [tags: Big Bang, Universe, General relativity]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- 13.8 Billion years ago, long before the creation of the popular television show, The Big Bang Theory occurred and is now the most widely recognized cosmological model for the universe. The Big Bang theory is an attempt to explain how the universe we know today began. Over the years, numerous discoveries and research have revealed that our universe did have a beginning, and that there was nothing before the Big Bang occurred. Throughout history there have been other theories as to how our universe began, though the Big Bang still prevails.... [tags: Big Bang, General relativity, Redshift, Universe]
2011 words (5.7 pages)
- An Analysis of Sister Carrie It was 1889; Carrie Meeber, an eighteen-year-old girl, was boarding a train from Columbia City to start a new life with her sister and her family in Chicago. Columbia City was a small town that did not have much to offer to anyone who wanted to make something of themselves. But in Chicago Carrie believed she would be able to find work and get good money. Chicago, in 1889, had the peculiar qualifications of growth, which made such adventuresome pilgrimages even on the part of young girls plausible1.... [tags: Sister Carrie Essays]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- Characterization in Sister Carrie The theme of unrequited love and unfulfilled ambitions, against a backdrop of a nation being transformed by industrialism and capitalism, provides the substance of Theodore Dreiser's Sister Carrie. During the late 19th Century we encounter three main characters who demonstrate this underlying motif: Carrie Meeber, Charles H. Drouet, and George W. Hurstwood. Carrie will fulfill many of her desires for riches and success, but her insatiable appetite will leave her feeling dissatisfied at the end of the novel and all alone. With respect to the two men who most covet her affections, Charles Drouet and George Hurstwood we have a study in contrasts. A... [tags: Sister Carrie Essays]
1537 words (4.4 pages)