In the past few weeks we have discussed the different types of learning. During my time at the way station I got to experience a few different ways that the staff at the way station use to h...
... middle of paper ...
...re comfortable very quickly. I think the one thing I noticed the most with their disabilities was the way they had trouble respecting boundaries which is a part of learning. I noticed often that when they walk around or go mingle with other people they have trouble realizing if they are interrupting or not. This I why I wish I could find away to help with the way station produce an effective learning process to help their members learn these types of boundaries. In my opinion this is one issue that makes people uncomfortable around people with mental disabilities because people aren’t use to people having trouble with boundary issue. If we could help them understand boundaries and other people to understand why they struggle with this issue then people might be able to become more comfortable around people with disabilities instead of like the way I was for so long.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Our customers have places to go, but hate stopping at the gas station. Whether they’re home, at the office, or out running errands, GEasy will solve the tedious, and irritating experience of having to find a gas station and fill up their tank. They simply download our app, choose the type of fuel, the amount they want, where their car is located and the timeframe they want it in. We take care of the rest. Our app will automatically find the lowest price of gas within a 20 mile radius of our customer’s vehicle, adjust our pricing accordingly, and simply add a $5 fee.... [tags: Gasoline, Petroleum, Filling station, Diesel fuel]
1455 words (4.2 pages)
- N. B. C. The news station interrupted the silence with my mother to announce a report of a breaking news passage. My mom glances at me and starts to say, “I am deeply sorry to tell you, but...” The news reporter interrupted to explain that there was a freak accident on I-75 and that it would be closed down for a few hours. I didn’t understand what was happening until they showed a picture of the people who were in the accident. My mouth instantly dropped when I saw my friend from high school, Liza Angulo.... [tags: Family, Emotion, High School Musical]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- To analyze the city’s fire protection the ISO uses a grading system with a 100-point scale. The better grade the community receives the better off the community is in receiving lower insurance rates. The best grade possible is a class 1 which is 90.00 points or more on the grading scale. The next best grade is a class 2 with 80.00-89.99 points, then class 3 with 70-79.99, and on down to a class 10 with 0.00-9.99. Excelsior Springs was last evaluated by ISO on March 31, 2009 and currently holds a rating of 5/9.... [tags: building a new station]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- ... Vietnam Carbine Rifle, 1970 The Vietnam War (1955-1975) was another attempt by the United States government to stop the further spread of communism. It was the first war broadcast on television, so the carnage was witnessed daily in the United States. This gun is a 7.62 mm caliber Chicom 56 carbine. “Chicom”, meaning Chinese Communist, was the term the U.S. military used to refer to weapons used by the North Vietnamese combatants. This carbine was given to E. Ross Adair, a long-serving member of the U.S.... [tags: United States, Cold War, World War II, Gulf War]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- ... In 2014 they opened their 700th store in Overland, Missouri” ( Quick Trip). Can you imagine driving 10 to 20 miles to get to a gas station. Sometimes we get so used to the life we have that it is almost impossible to imagine our life differently. Nowadays we have Gas stations everywhere and in every corner. Often time we will even see two different gas station across of each other. If we go back 50 to 60 years back, we will see how different they were from now. In the past, because most of the store were not 24/7 and because they often closed on Sundays; businessman like Joe C.... [tags: Convenience store, 7-Eleven, Filling station]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- ... Although SpaceX has been sending Falcon rockets into space to service the International Space Station. Their main goal is to send humans to Mars. Musk considers Mars to be the most habitable planet outside of earth, and human’s best chance of survival outside of earth. Musk has been working on this since SpaceX was founded in 2002. As of late 2016, SpaceX has not sent any humans into space, or to Mars, however, they plan on achieving both of these within the next 20 years. The two main branches of science that will effect human’s ability to achieve manned space flight, or to colonize other planets is biology (Tomko) and physics (Musk).... [tags: International Space Station, Space exploration]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- Israel’s mandatory service law requires every citizen in Israel in the age of eighteen until they are twenty one years old, legally obligated to join the army for a period of three years. After high school, the time came for me to do my duty to Israel which was compulsory service. It was a big responsibility that this is the true test that makes absolute separation between a comfortable life as a student and as preparation for real life as a full-fledged citizen. I cannot describe in words the feeling of pride when I wore the uniform.... [tags: Military, Soldier, English-language films, Battle]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- How to Travel Safely in Public Transportation Although public transportation may be economical, it takes a great deal longer to arrive at your destination. This is because of detour stops, and indirect road usage. Public transportation is safe and easy to use, but has disadvantages such as being late, being crowded, and the occasional smell. On the other hand, some advantages include low fees, reduced gas cost, and meeting new people. An extreme example of a worst case scenario involves being robbed at the bus station.... [tags: Public transport, Bus, Bus stop, Train station]
710 words (2 pages)
- This semester I have been volunteering at the Youth Detention Center (YDC). YDC is a youth center for those youth ages 13-18 that have committed crimes, from running away from home to cutting the hydraulic brake lines of their parent's car. When is is concluded that the youth can no longer be active members in their communities, they are sent to YDC. There are four different units: H is for the youth that are in court right now but cannot stay at home, E is the girls unit, G unit is for the boys who committed minor crimes and felonies, and F unit is for the boys who committed major crimes and felonies such as sexual assault and dealing drugs.... [tags: detention center, youth]
3112 words (8.9 pages)
- Overall Summary on Existing Customer Service at Morrisons plc After analysing the results I have obtained from the questionnaire, I have concluded that the majority of the public that shopped at Morrisons felt that the customer service overall is very good. Morrisons customers feel that the customer service is generally good because they are offered a lot of assistance from staff and also are given advice if requested by the customer. There are lots of facilities designed to make a visit to Morrisons as convenient and comfortable as possible for the general public.... [tags: Business Management Studies]
767 words (2.2 pages)