I am the first one to go to college out of my six siblings and my parents. I am often considered a nerd because grades have always b...
... middle of paper ...
...ns and fears about going into the field I am choosing is about not being good at my job. I want to make sure I understand everything and be the best I can at my job so that I can make sure the people I care for have the best care possible. One of my biggest fear is that I will not succeed, there is always that doubt in the back of my mind. I just have to push through it and tell myself that I can and will succeed and I know I will have help if I ever need it. At the moment all the questions I have had have been answered by the wonderful staff at Otterbein University. I know if I come up with any questions I can ask any of my professors or fellow students. That is just how I have come to see Otterbein that everyone here is there to help each other in any way that they can. I can not wait to spend the next four years here and learn and grow as a person.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every person has that moment in their life and/or writing career that either picks them up or knocks them down, and these are the moments that shape you into the writer that you are or help you get on the right track to improve yourself as a writer. These moments can be harsh, embarrassing, exciting or all kinds of different emotions and in this moment it is up to you to decide how this event affects you as a person and a writer and either helps shoot us forward or set you back because. Although it may not seem like it at the time the feedback or criticism is normally constructive or at least meant to be.... [tags: Writing, Thought, Essay, Mind]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- A high point in my adolescence years was right before my senior year of high school started. My school, Holland Christian, takes all of the senior class for a weekend out at Timberwolf camp for a time of bonding, fun, and worship. In one of the worship sessions, everyone was on a ‘spiritual high’ from the weekend, and in particular, this worship service. One of our teachers asked for a few minutes of silent reflection. After a few minutes, he felt moved to ask our class if we felt moved to come up on stage and apologize to our classmates.... [tags: Adolescence, High school, Educational psychology]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- I was in gym class my junior year at Sherman Senior High School when my gym teacher Mr. Jones suggested that we go outside and play softball. The sun was shining bright and there was no rain in sight. When we opened the door to step outside, I could smell the fresh cut grass, and see a few of the remaining mud holes on the ground just as they were almost all dried up. The dark chocolate watery looking mud holes were halfway across the concrete parking lot with a glare beaming down from the sun. We made it to the field and I noticed that it was still slightly muddy from the rain we had gotten the night before and the sun was working its powers to dry it all up.... [tags: Game, Play, Softball, Baseball]
846 words (2.4 pages)
- When the time came to make my decision for college as a senior in high school, there were plenty of ways to compare colleges and find the “right” one for me. I started off having a huge array of colleges, but one by one I noticed how my horizon of possible options were getting smaller and smaller. My possibilities of colleges weren’t decreasing because of my grades; the reason was simply to help my family run our business. At the time, me leaving several hours away would cause great strain on my parents managing the whole business while taking care of my younger sister, so moving a couple hours away was not feasible at the time.... [tags: High school, College, Dormitory, University]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Senior Capstone Observations I visited the Ronald McDonald House on September 15, to meet a family that was staying there because they had a very ill child. I was there to interview Mr. and Mrs. Davis who’s had their five-year-old son, John was at Children’s Mercy Hospital. The Davis family was there because John has leukemia and needed chemotherapy. When I first met John, I was at a loss for words. I saw a five-year-old boy that didn’t have any hair (like me) and was thin like a cable wire.... [tags: Free Essay Writer]
1437 words (4.1 pages)
- The beginning of the school year is one of the most important days of a young student’s life. The first day of school is the day of all days, the holy grail of first impressions. Today is the day where you find out your school schedule, your teachers, your classmates, and where your locker will be for the next one hundred and eighty days of brain melting learning. The first day of school is no joke, it is the day your make your mark. The day of the year where the first impression can either make or break you.... [tags: High school, Obesity]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- Narrative Essay Since I was in middle school I always was on honor roll, and I would dream about going to college. Once I got to my senior year of high school my dreams were starting to become my worst nightmare. I always thought that my final year of high school was supposed to be fun and enjoy the last few months I had left with friends until we graduate. During my final year of high school it was not fun and dandy like the High School Musical movies. I endured trauma of taking the ACT nine times and almost not being accepted into college.... [tags: High school, College, High School Musical, Scores]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- “Jaden, I 'm about to head out for the day. Have Johnny leave the story about the nursing home on my desk. I 'll review it in the morning, early,” I instructed my relatively new assistant. I was just about to head out to meet Natalie for lunch. Afterward I had planned on a follow-up with Dr. Brown. “Chris, don 't you think this should take a little precedence. After all, if you wait too long about getting it into the paper, it 's ancient history. Not news...” said Jaden. “Well now lets see...” I said with the sarcasm oozing.... [tags: 2008 singles, 2005 singles, Chair, Dodge Colt]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- Well, for starters, I am a 16-year-old senior living in Florida. I’ve only lived here for about a year and 7 months, yet it feels like a lifetime. I feel such at home here, more than I ever did when I lived in Maryland- and I lived there practically my whole life. I have 4 siblings- all of them are older, but I’m only in Florida with my mom, one of my brothers, and my sister. I thank God everyday I moved here to Florida, I’ve been open to so many opportunities, and I’ve met so many exhilarating people..... [tags: Teacher, High school, Education, School]
1645 words (4.7 pages)
- Purpose of the Meeting: IEP and three year re-evaluation of special education services. Discussion: Parents: brought a survey to this meeting from Family Services and Guidance (FS & G) to evaluate Damion’s performance at school with/without his meds. Parents are requesting each of Damion’s teachers (or other school personnel who have contact with Damion) complete the form now and repeat it in February. Sped teacher will make double copy for all teachers to complete. FS&G is having the school complete a blind study of dates taking medication.... [tags: High school, Teacher, Family, Pedagogy]
1087 words (3.1 pages)