The Story of My Search
Babies and children crying may irritate most people, but for me, it makes me want to nurture them. Pediatricians go through many years of schooling and residency training to obtain their degrees in pediatrics which is a branch of medicine that deals with the development, care, and treatment for diseases in babies and children. After doing many years of schooling and training, this ensures that each pediatrician is successful in providing the proper care and treatment needed for babies in order for them to develop into healthy children. I became interested in this after learning about diseases in the genetic unit in biology and this led me to want to pursue a career in pediatrics. Although I already knew that I wanted to pursue this career, I was still puzzled about what would I have to do in college to be successful, what the work atmosphere is like, what college would be essential in preparing me for this career, what training would I need, and what are the duties and responsibilities that go along with this career. So many unanswered questions and many ways to approach my career, I began to search Google for my answers. This Google search led me in finding what degree interested me and what colleges best suited me personally. The first place that I looked for information about the career I was set on pursuing was the MS Choices website. Next, I searched the Occupational Outlook Handbook website for accurate numerical data. Finally, I conducted an interview with Dr.McPherson. By using MS Choices, the Occupational Outlook Handbook website, and conducting a personal interview, I discovered vital facts about my career choice that I can now implement in my plan for the future.
What I learned
... middle of paper ...
...care, treatments and ensuring that each patient has a great experience. Not only is Dr.McPherson trusted to care for parent’s precious possessions, their energetic children and babies, but he is also honored to have an amusing and encouraging staff. Dr.McPherson hopes to impact the lives of young people, give back to the community and he encourages anyone going into this field “not to give up” and to “follow their dreams.”
Of all the information that I learned about my chosen career, the most astonishing fact was having the opportunity to see young babies turn into healthy children. Interviewing a doctor in this field has been enjoyable because I know what to expect in my future career and that I will impact the lives of many children. Many parents depend on pediatricians to ensure that their most precious possessions prosper into healthy children.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Career Interest Deciding on a career has been a challenge. My first career interest was to be a physical therapist. As a child I would look at my mother-nursing textbook was intrigued by the muscular and skeletal systems The most intriguing part was how muscles, tendons, and ligaments all work to attach themselves to our skeletal system to create motion. My second career interesteas in mass communications. After only one semester I realized that I had no real desire to pursue a career in this field.... [tags: Career Search]
1857 words (5.3 pages)
- Throughout my job analysis, I used two online career-searching databases to follow specific library-related positions that were of interest to me. The first database that I used was inalj.com (INALJ). I find this site very accessible. It seems to give a sometimes broad interpretation of library jobs, so it is a great way to find entry-level jobs in different areas that could give you library-related experience without being in a library. Despite its ease of use and broad job types, the site is volunteer driven which can be frustrating.... [tags: Library, Library science, Librarian]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- Career Development Assignment Choosing a career or even a new career after being in career for many years can be a daunting task. Knowing what you want to do for the next 5-7 years, or beyond can be challenging as what is good now will most certainly change in the future. This paper will discuss the results of an online job search, building a resume, and preparing for a job interview. Job Search The job search started with looking at the job board link provided by the CSU-Global Career Center page.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Interview]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Career Development Assignment Selecting a career or even a new career after being in career for many years can be a daunting task. Knowing what you want to do for the next 5-7 years, or beyond can be challenging as what is good now will most certainly change in the future. This paper will examine the results of an online job search, building a resume, and preparing for a job interview. Job Search The job search began with looking at the job board link provided by the CSU-Global Career Center (2016) page.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Interview]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Abstract Career counseling over the lifespan has more than an occupational focus, it deals with the person’s entire being with a vision that includes one’s lifespan. Career counseling takes into consideration character development, character skills, life roles, individual life and work history, goals, and obstacles. A career counselor not only assists a client with a career plan, but also with a life plan. This paper focuses on two categories of career counseling. The first focus is the history of career counseling as a field of study with the emphasis on when and why career counseling began (1800s as a study of how the shape of one’s head relates to vocational choice), who and what influenc... [tags: Career Counseling]
3630 words (10.4 pages)
- Web design is related to design of web pages and web sites. Successful web designers should have good design skills, should have an aptitude towards drawing, and have knowledge of web-specific factors such as the image compression, screen resolution, website architecture, accessibility, usability, etc. A website might have a host of features such as interactive applications, e-commerce, search engine optimization, animations, etc. All this is the responsibility of the web designer. A career in web designing requires a combination of artistic skill and proficiency with technology.... [tags: Career Description]
507 words (1.4 pages)
- The career services professional supports the educational mission of a college by assisting students to develop, evaluate, and pursue career aspirations with the goal of securing employment. Career services professionals accomplish these goals with a range of programs, counseling and services designed to help students make the connection between the academic environment and the workplace. Career Counseling, or Career Services depending on the institution, is frequently offered on a one-on-one basis, but at times this service is provided through group workshops, classes, or computerized guidance systems.... [tags: Career Goals]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- “What do you want to be when you grow up?” As a child, we have all been asked this question; and as unrealistic children, we all had dreams of being a superhero, princess, cowboy, or astronaut. Later on in life, as time went by, and as we became more knowledgeable, our answers became more serious. Some of us wanted to be teachers, business owners, or a veterinarian. However, I have always wanted to be a doctor, but not just any doctor. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a pediatrician.... [tags: Career Essays]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- March 26, 1905 marked the birth of Viktor Frankl in Vienna. He was a son to Gabriel Frankl and Elsa Frankl from Marovia. He was the second born in a family of three and wanted to become a physician when he grew up. He was turned to study psychology by his liking for people. He met Freud in 1925 on his way to graduating and published an article “Psychotherapy and Weltanschauung”, which was followed by the use of the term “logo therapy” in a public lecture the following year. This led to his refining of his particular brand of Viennese psychology.... [tags: Man's Search for Meaning]
1385 words (4 pages)
- Nursing “Nursing is an art: and if it is to be made an art, It requires an exclusive devotion as hard a preparation, as any painter´s or sculptor´s work; for what is the having to do with dead canvas or dead marble, compared with having to do with the living body, the temple of God´s spirit. It is one of the Fine Arts: I had almost said, the finest of Fine Arts.” Spoken by a true nurse, Florence Nightingale; a pioneer of nursing and a reformer of hospital sanitation methods. I have many goals in life such as to have a good strong career and family.... [tags: Personal Essays Career]
679 words (1.9 pages)