Allure is a website that is popular among many teens and adults from all around the world. It covers a broad variety of topics from hair and makeup to the hottest celebrity gossip. It is a great website for learning about the new advances in skin and hair care that are making their way into consumer products. Also, you can learn new makeup application tips and techniques. It has plenty of the Hollywood stuff, but who does not like to read about other people’s lives? It has interesting articles on fashion and helps you achieve all the latest trends. Even someone with the most boring sense of style can quickly turn heads. I think that the audience for this website is for hair and makeup junkies or fabulous teeny boppers looking to find themselves an identity.
Allure is for savvy women who wants to be in the know. It keeps the readers informed of all the absolute latest in fashion styles and how to wear them. It shows the trendiest of clothes as well as the classics. What bag is hot? Are these shoes right for you? How should I wear last year's sweater with this year's dress? Where do I get these great finds? You can find out all this on the Allure website. Allure website also reviews products from its readers and has articles and how to dos to help readers make the decisions that are just right f...
... middle of paper ...
...e wearing. A lot of the clothes adverted on the website is overpriced and often do not have enough thread on them to cover the young girl’s backs. Skimpy clothes seem to be the style but should not even be thought of in our young children’s mind. If you are not an aspiring fashion designer generally this magazine is not for you.
In conclusion, both of these websites are good for certain groups of people. It depends on which category you fall under. One website might be good for the older, mature generation while the other focuses on members of the younger generation who are still trying to find themselves and their fashion sense. There is something for everyone in each of them. They are good reads and you can always find out good information in them. Allure is more for the everyday girl, while on the other end, Teen Vogue is more for the future fashion designers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- English comparative essay Introduction The invention of the internet has had a huge effect on the way people purchase their clothing. The internet has made it easier for clothing companies to sell their products without having to have a shop front. This essay will compare two online clothing websites, BNKR fashion website and End website. The essay will discuss their similarities and differences in the areas of purpose, form, language, audience and context. BNKR and End clothing websites are both designed to sell stylish and on trend clothing, using some similar and different concepts of visual design.... [tags: Fashion, Clothing, Sex, Difference]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- The process of evaluating web sites is more than just looking the page over and deciding that it ‘looks’ legitimate. According to GCU Library, the process of evaluating a web site involves checking five categories: authority, accuracy, objectivity, currency, and coverage (LIBRARY). Each category requires you to look deeper than just the front page of a web site. I have evaluated two web sites, Womenshealth.com and Childtrends.org. I believe that both of these sites are excellent sources of information because they demonstrate authority, accuracy, objectivity, currency and coverage.... [tags: Website Evaluation]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- “If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday,” quoted Pearl Buck. Most everyone has a time in their life where history becomes important to them. Whether that be tracing back family heritage, writing a research essay, or just out of curiosity. All and all, history is very influential to people’s lives and what better way to learn about history then to visit the website “Image Archive on the American Eugenics Movement.” This credible website offers an opportunity for the public to learn more about our American history in an interactive and creative way.... [tags: Website Review, Reliable Sources]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- The Two Best Websites to Find a Used Car Have you ever been disappointed while searching a used car online. For example, never finding the car that you are interested in, hard to obtain the contact information about the seller, not getting satisfactory information relating to the car that you have found, that leads to total disappointments. After performing some researches for a week and based on my personal experienced, I found out two best websites to find a used car. They are http://www.cars.com/ and http://www.autotrader.com/.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1617 words (4.6 pages)
- A Look at Two Computer Hardware Review Websites Although it is true that many people, when confronted with the task of buying a new computer, will simply go to the closest Best Buy and purchase whatever is on the shelf, an increasing number of people these days are turning to building their own computers. Whether they are interested in saving money, or just like the idea of being in control of what goes into their computer, they need to know which parts are the best for their needs, which parts are the best value.... [tags: Compare Contrast Papers]
1785 words (5.1 pages)
- Fashion is an essential part of everyone’s life, you can’t walk around naked, it’s a violation of the law. There are many different elements that go into the clothes you select off the racks at department stores and specialized boutiques. The selection process is an essential part of personal fashion. Ever wonder why when entering a beloved store in the mall all of the stores are featuring the same color pallets. How about the styles one will find on the racks. Where do these styles come from and who decides they’re the trend to follow.... [tags: fashion]
1907 words (5.4 pages)
- Advice on How to Sell Your Websites Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com If you are serious about selling your website then you will need to spruce up your financial statements, budgets, and business plans. Running your website as if you were preparing to sell it will improve your management practices and increase the value of your website. If you receive an offer that you can't refuse, being prepared will put you in a great position to close a deal quickly. In researching my book, “How to Sell Your Website for Top Dollar”, I interviewed over 200 entrepreneurs who had sold their websites.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- A Student Commentary on Big Media's Attack on Fan Websites The fight between legal departments at major movie and TV studios and producers of fan websites has reached a fever pitch. The legal department of Fox TV sent out notices to cease and desist to two webmasters of fan "King Of The Hill" websites. Fox Primetime has cracked down on fan sites before, most notably those saluting "The X-Files." It boggles the mind why fan sites pose such a threat to the studios. It would seem that for a fan to take the time and spend the money to build a website without any hope of financial reward would be the supreme compliment to a given show.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
944 words (2.7 pages)
- After I knew that what I should do for my programme of study, I set the objective to arrange the time line and research for gain the information of this project. Started from research about fashion and trends because I didn’t finish Bachelor’s degree in Fashion, so I need to know some information about to be useful for my project. The first research that I did in the first semester is about writing the diary to arrange the time and what I should do in the first fifteen weeks. Counting from the first week, I had plan to see the fashion show of London Fashion Weekend in London to get some experience about fashion, trends and some of exhibitions.... [tags: Fashion]
536 words (1.5 pages)
- Sell Your Troubled Websites Reprinted with permission of VotanWeb.com You awaken one morning to the realization that the website you've poured so much time, energy and thought into; the dream that was once the preoccupation of your every waking moment has turned sour - what do you do. Market forces, changing consumer tastes, cash flow problems, or some unforeseen outside factor has brought you to the point of not being able to keep things going much longer. Do you, shut the doors and call it a day or declare bankruptcy.... [tags: Sell Websites Buy Websites]
1199 words (3.4 pages)