Jonathan and I first met in the seventh grade when we both shared the same biology class. Our initial contact was not one that I would want to continue as any more or less than acquaintanceship. After our first encounter he turned into a bully and acted as a dumb boy at a young age. I never wanted to interact or talk to Jonathan outside of class if I did not have to. The bad initial contact between us caused me to put up a big barrier between us because of his immature impulses. It was not until the end of the eighth grade and the beginning of the ninth grade that a lot of the interpersonal conflict arose and the relationship slowly but surely turned into a casual friendship. Through those couple of years my friend grew up and realized that being immature was not going to get him anywhere and that by doing that was pushing me away. Even though our relationship begins to be closer there was still a lot of relationship conflict that happened from the slig...
... middle of paper ...
... long distance friendship may seem like it is hard, but I feel like this experience makes our bond stronger by not distancing ourselves from one another.
This friendship is something that I do not take for granted even though at times he may think that I do or appreciate it enough. This relationship that we have is something I would have never expected and glad that I did not let my barriers get in the way. Based off our initial contact, I would not have continued the friendship, but I am glad and thankful that our relationship turned into an intimate friendship. He is one of those life time friends that are so rare, but so grateful to have in life. He also serves all the friendship needs of utility, affirmation, ego support, stimulation, and security. Jonathan is my best friend in all ways that I count and I will never forget him and everything he has done for me.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I cannot believe that it has been a month since my boyfriend decided to end our relationship. Sometimes I feel as though it is all a bad dream. Then I realized that I lost my best friend and the heartbreak sets in time after time again. Our relationship, from my point of view, was filled with nothing but endless laughter and most importantly love. I honestly felt like I was living in a fairy tale. Every single day, I was thanking God for this blessing he put into my life. Unfortunately, every good thing must come to an end.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Love, Romance]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- In life we have different types of personal relationship that were we communicate differently in order to fit their need. Such as people with low self-esteem, or just people who are going through some hardships in their lives. Communications is the way to get through to them. We have a lot of significant of other such your parents, siblings, friends and partners. The type of the relationships we have with each of them is different so the way we communicate surely has to be different. There are two important people right now in my life like my sister and best friend who needs me to communicate daily to them due to some of the hardships they’ve got going on in their lives.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Communication, Love]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- It’s great that your man has a best friend he can share all that boy stuff with, but this friend is becoming your love rival, how do you deal with this ‘significant other’. By Wairimu Gikenye Women are aware that men do have a best friend too, the guy in his life he just cannot let go off - his most trusted ally and confidant. A more fitting term used in Kenyan colloquial would be “his boy”. This is the unique phenomenon that is a ‘bromance’- a purely platonic relationship between 2 heterosexual males bonding over common interests and life experiences.... [tags: friend, interests, feeling, relationship]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- The Friend Pyramid Everyone has friends, and most people have more friends than family members. Friends are essential because friends offer support and advice. When someone has a problem, normally, he or she will discuss the problem with friends; rather than with a family member. Thanks to social network people have more friends than before, so since people have more friends than before there are plenty of different types of friends. Some of the newer types of friends are known as internet friends, and text buddies.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Sociology]
714 words (2 pages)
- Acts of a Friend Everyone in life develops at least one friendship in their lifetime, some stronger than others. In some cases a friend might ask for a favor that would be considered immoral. Cicero and Montaigne express their opinions toward this situation and how a true friend would act through the story of Blossius and Tiberius Gracchus. Both come to the same conclusion but they have different reasons as to why they hold that position. The story of Blossius and Tiberius Gracchus is that Blossius is asked if he would burn down the capital for his friend Gracchus.... [tags: Friendship, Virtue, Interpersonal relationship]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Social media networks make it very easy to socialize with all of your friends, at once, however how many of those “friends” are authentic. Friends have the ability to be classified into four categorizes: true, convenient, special interest, and historical friends. The meaning of the word friend can vary, however Webster’s definition of a friend is a person who is attached to another by means of affection. A friend can be someone in which your lives have crossed paths. Rebecca McGuire- Sneickus and Nigel Holt contend, “[f]riends are a source of personal enrichment and growth” (12).... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- Let go and examine what is the “true friend” means. According to dictionary, synonym for “true” is real, exact, and right. “Friend” is a personal relationship between two people or more. Moreover, true friend is a person who has close meaning to best friend or good friend; however, a true friend is more meaningful than good or best friend. That person seems to be special and hard to find. A true friend also does things for us without wishing to get anything back in return. This special person is also influence our heart and mind.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- Friends In this world, the most significant thing is to have friends, and on earth everyone has a friend. It’s a normal thing, because from kindergarten we start knowing people in school and they become our friends. A friend is a person who you enjoy being accompanied by, or a person who supports someone in happiness and sorrow. Friends are important to have in our life because they are like a family to everyone who values them. In this world sometimes things get worse in life, and friends are the first people to be considered after the family to help out.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Love]
907 words (2.6 pages)
- A Best Friend is… “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never ever the same” (Unknown). What is a “best friend”. Almost everyone has one, and almost everyone is one. There’s something about a best friend that cannot be duplicated. Everyone has their own definition of what their own best friend is like and what an impact he or she has made in their life. In this essay I would like to take a better look at some of the simple things that we might take for granted when we think of our best friends.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Virtue]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- What is a friends. A friend is someone we turn to when we need our days to be brighter. Someone we treasure day in and day out. A friend is someone, who understands your past, believes in your future and accepts you the way you are. Someone who is with you through the good times and bad times. Everyone has a friend. There are girls that have girls has friends. Even boys who have boys as friend. Sometime you see boys having a girl as friend. There are times when you might see a girl who has a guy as a friend.... [tags: Female, Gender, Interpersonal relationship, Male]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Gun Control And Its Effects On The Economy
- The Theory Of Truth Determines A True Statement
- Sustainability Is The Endurance Of Systems And Processes
- Domestic Violence And Its Effects On Children
- How Elizabeth Moon 's Challenge The Way People Perceive Disability
- The Articles On Assessment Of English Language Learners