I completed my reflection of a life span segment at a twelve step meeting, the majority of the individuals were middle-age adults. As I observed this group I had found that alcohol consumption is more likely to occur in the middle-aged and older adults between 40-60 years old, while teenagers and young adults are more likely to participate in less frequent, heavy drinking. I have come to find that twelve-step programs such as Alcoholics Anonymous involves usually groups of middle aged individuals and that it has saved many lives who are middle-aged men when they got sober. It is common among middle-aged adults at the age between 40 and 60 years to attend a meeting like this.
While approaching this group of middle-aged people at this meeting location, I did see people gathered outside, chatting before the meeting started. Many were middle-aged men with a couple of women that were also participating in the conversations seem to fit in the category of the working class. They all seem to be Caucasian adults between 40-60 years, at their middle-age stage of life. The...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The boy was twelve, and he never experienced true pain, never had bitter thoughts towards anybody, in the beginning he was a sweet kid. He was naïve to believe that nothing was going to change when his secrets were revealed. But he couldn’t do anything about it. He was just twelve and already hated himself. The boy practically grew up in the church since he was six. All of the music played at home were exclusively Christian radio, the walls were occupied with enough crosses to frighten a legion of demons away.... [tags: Homosexuality, Gay, Hatred, Barack Obama]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- COUNSELING REFLECTION 2 Counseling ReflectionBefore this experience, the longest counseling session I had taped was only 10 minuteslong. Therefore, after discovering that we would be taping a 30 minute session, I becameextremely anxious. A torrent of worries swept t hrough my mind, “What if I say something wrong. What if the client says nothing. What if the tape doesn’t work. And what can we talk about for 30 minutes?” But, as those worries sprang to life, I remembered some wise advice thathelped alleviate my anxiety.Within the assigned readings for my techniques class, I have learned that in order tosucceed you have to fail.... [tags: Mind, Emotion, Reflection, Counseling]
959 words (2.7 pages)
- Robert Leevarinpanich Mr.Vasquez ELCAP P4 05 April 2016 Step-By-Step For many years, women have strived for gaining equality with men. They have been held back and their opportunities taken away from them because of the fact that they were women. There is also, generalized in western cultures, a stereotype that women are fragile and should be more dedicated to maintaining the home, doing feminine things, that they shouldn 't work, and be discouraged from intellectual thinking. In the Victorian period (1837-1901) aside from women 's suffragette movements the Victorian woman usually upheld this stereotype of a well-behaved wife, more or less a possession then an individual.... [tags: Charlotte Perkins Gilman, The Yellow Wallpaper]
1413 words (4 pages)
- Chapter 7 Discussion 7.1 Introduction The chapter of discussion was composed of five parts: introduction, reflection on the project, reflection on implications of the project, reflection of the MA experience, and summary. 7.2 Reflection on the project This was a long-term design project, and everything was fresh to me. Patience was the crucial and essential factor that was needed in such a long project in my view. Fortunately, I learned and gained the patience. Besides, communication was another extremely significant factor.... [tags: Reflection]
2091 words (6 pages)
- Most people that learn about the twelve main Olympian gods might think that they are confusing, imperfect, and just down right weird. And they are. They have symbols to represent them but most of the symbols for them have no connection. However, let 's take Zeus for example, one of his symbols is the thunderbolt, Zeus 's most well known symbol. Zeus however is connected to the thunderbolt because he can throw them. Zeus is the god of the sky, lightning, thunder, and justice. Zeus is the king and father of all the gods.... [tags: Greek mythology, Zeus, Hera, Twelve Olympians]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Reflection and reflective practice are frequently used words in the professional world. Learned scholars across the globe have elicited the importance of reflective practice. Teaching, just as other professions, demands the educators to critically reflect on their work in order to improve their practice, which would benefit the learners. Quinton and Smallbone (2010, cited by Moon J.A, 2002) reflection will not only facilitate the diagnosis of core strengths and weaknesses but also aid in the acquisition of a questioning approach.... [tags: Reflection, Reflections, Reflexive]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
- The Twelve Tribes of Israel: An Organizational Movement The Rastafarian Movement has been one of the most important movements of our time. It has proved to us that it is possible to make lemonade out of the lemons that are dealt to us, and that violence is not the only way to deal with troubles or get what you feel you deserve. It has also provided a system of faith and following for over 700,000 loyal people. A Social, political and religious explosion with as few negative connotations as possible, Rasta is just about as good as it gets.... [tags: Twelve Tribes Israel Essays]
4234 words (12.1 pages)
- After reading Solomon Northup's Twelve Years A Slave, I was overwhelmed with his experience. He was born a free man in New York in 1808. In 1841 he was tricked, captured, and sold into slavery in Washington, D.C. Throughout his book, Solomon goes into details describing his life as a slave, which validates our critique of slavery. As abolitionists, it is our duty to do something about slavery. Although, as abolitionists, we have a history of disagreements among us, it time to put a stop to our arguments and start fighting for something we all believe in - to abolish slavery.... [tags: Essays on Twelve Years A Slave]
2703 words (7.7 pages)
- Summary of Twelve Years a Slave Solomon Northup was born a freeman. On Christmas day, 1829, Northup married Anne Hampton. He was about twenty one years old and decided to enter upon a life of industry so that he could help support him and his wife. He first was employed with others repairing the Champlain Canal. By the time the Canal was finished Northup purchased a pair of horses and other things necessarily required in the business of navigation. He hired several men to help him and he began to transport large rafts of timber from Lake Champlain to Troy.... [tags: American Literature Twelve Years Slave Essays]
5067 words (14.5 pages)
- Suetonius "The Twelve Caesars" If a friend asked me to tell him if it is worth it to read Suetonius' book "The Twelve Caesars", I would say it is. This book, though old, is still very interesting and informative today. It is important to note however, that the writing style of Suetonius' day was much different from our own. Some readers might be confused and exasperated with Suetonius' diction and syntax. He uses very long expressions and details to describe people and events that may not even be necessary to describe.... [tags: Suetonius Twelve Caesars Book Review Analysis]
1126 words (3.2 pages)