Everyone wants to be successful in college or school like my story that was happened last year in my home nation, India. It was my last school year and I wanted it to be the best one. My school was one of the best schools in India, named G. D. Goenka Public School in New Delhi. As always, this year too, students were being selected for our school’s 2015-2016 student government for the posts such as head-boy, head-girl, sports captain, house captain and many more. Every student in my school wanted to be a part of this as it was the greatest opportunity for a student to prove himself or herself at a school level. The first step to be a part of student government was a selection from our supervisors by the recommendations of teachers .About forty-five students got selected and luckily, I was one of them. Next step was an interview with our supervisors, where about three to four students gave the interview at the same time and there, all students represented themselves the best for the positions. Supervisor gave us situations related to our school or responsibilities and all the students tried to give the answer with their best ability. Before my interview, I felt very nervous and tensed as I wanted to be a part of the government, not as the head-girl but I wanted to get some ...
... middle of paper ...
... and the joy that I am a part of this. My parents were very supportive about my posting and even they made me see another brighter side of the situation with me. They made me realised that it was better that I am a house captain rather than the head girl as, if I have been the head girl I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on my studies and due to my tight schedule I wouldn’t have showed my full responsibility to the post, which actually came out to be true.
So, to put it in a nutshell, I was happy with the post that I was assigned as it matched with my abilities and I performed my responsibilities really well. Additionally, I realised that sometimes things happens differently as expected but we should always try to look at its brighter side, as everything happens for a reason. My positive thinking helped me to success in college and so it would help other students.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Most of us have a great capacity for learning and thinking but we do not actually utilize it to the best of our abilities. Developing our critical thinking skills requires a gradual process of plain hard work over a long period of time (Paul & Elder). There are many factors that shape how we think, such as habits, influences, and knowledge. Bad habits like stereotyping, being resistant to change and influences from others can affect how we critically think. But we must overcome these bad habits and change our way of how we think, how we process information and how we take that information and develop solutions to problems and issues.... [tags: Critical thinking, Thought, Problem solving]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- In thinking and decision making, it will be analyzed on three different types of thinking styles. The three thinking styles analyzed are Creative thinking, Logical thinking, and Persuasive thinking. These three thinking styles are some of the many important styles used in a workplace. Creative, logical, and persuasive is a great mix of thinking styles that helps a company becomes very successful in completing a job task. The three different types of thinking will be spoken of on how they each affect the critical thinking process.... [tags: Thinking Styles]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- In times when a child or a teenager is involved in violence, the Government Officials, Newspapers and parents have all blamed the video games as the culprit. As a result, video games have become a scapegoat for antisocial and violent behavior. It seems like the media always points out their fingers to something that they don’t fully understand. Studies had proved that video games are actually beneficial to different kind of people in many ways. For example: video games have helped kids with autism to improve their social skills.... [tags: video games, violent behavior, positive]
617 words (1.8 pages)
- Cultivate the Plant of Positive Thinking in the Garden of Life I believe in positive thinking because it is like a small plant which can grow huge with the help of some fertilizer and regular care. Similarly, the more I use positive thinking, the better I will be at it, and the more it will grow. I am not saying that it is easy to think positively all the time, but I believe that most of my thoughts and ideas should reflect happiness and positivity. To obtain happiness one needs to learn to be optimistic in even the most difficult situations.... [tags: Optimism, Pessimism]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- I believe that teaching is one of the most important careers that one can have, granted that there are many more jobs that come to mind that have more importance, but they all started with education. Without education society is left with nothing. Although, teaching isn’t just about giving the students the information, it is about building critical thinking, communication, showing their creative side and having them to embrace the information in order to achieve higher standards. I think that education is truly the foundation.... [tags: Education, Critical thinking]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- It is believed that cultivating critical think and disposition is critical in the 21st century. Yang & Chung set out to ascertain whether introducing critical thinking within the parameters of a civic class would help students to better retain the skills taught. The research comes on the heels or potential in response to the Ministry of Education of Taiwan announcement of the development of a 9 year integrated curriculum which focused on independent critical thinking and problem solving ability as educational goals.... [tags: Critical thinking, Learning, Skill, Thought]
911 words (2.6 pages)
- Critical thinking is the usage of knowledge and data to effectively solve problems and make decisions in life. Thinking critically allows us to distinguish nonsense information, promotes thorough thinking and communication skills, and the revelation of long-term consequences. There are six types of thinking as stated by psychologist Benjamin Bloom: remembering, understanding, applying, analyzing, evaluating, and creating. These are ranked from the lower to higher levels of thinking. It’s said that all levels of thinking are important but the lower levels are constrained more (finding one “right” answer) whereas the higher levels you get the freedom to express your own solution/find several a... [tags: Critical thinking, Decision making, Cognition]
1661 words (4.7 pages)
- Critical thinking is a significant and essential topic in recent education. The strategy of critical thinking skills helps identify areas in one's courses as the suitable place to highlight, expand and use some problems in exams that test students' critical thinking skills. Critical thinking means accurate thinking in the search of appropriate and dependable knowledge about the world. Another way to describe it is sensible, insightful, responsible, and skillful thinking that is focused on deciding what to believe or do.... [tags: Critical Thinking Essays]
587 words (1.7 pages)
- A person is not born as a good critical thinker. The first thing that is needed is a level of maturity having the ability to conceptualize and understand the world (Boss, 2010). The skills that are associated with a person that has good critical thinking are: Analytical Skills: recognize and evaluate arguments to filter through to the truth. Effective Communication: ability to listen, speak, and write effectively. Research Skills: ability to gather, evaluate, and create supporting evidence. (Boss, 2010) In teaching critical thinking, Dr.... [tags: Critical Thinking Reflection]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- We often refer to critical thinking as someone who can think very clearly, with reason and complex ideas. This is somewhat true. Yes that does help to begin and mend a critical thinker but critical thinking also includes a combination of skills. Those main characteristics are self awareness, honesty, open-mindedness discipline, and judgment. Using these characteristics daily and with practice develops an amazing critical thinker. That person can live life solving hard problems, creating new ways of solving them, and using new ideas and techniques when needed.... [tags: Critical Thinking Essays]
952 words (2.7 pages)