It is vital when looking for a new job or career that you know what skills and qualities you have. Knowing what you can or cannot do will alter what employers and positions there are for you. Throughout my higher education at Full Sail University, I have been able to overcome weaknesses that I have and raised other strengths beyond what I thought I could. Matching what you are good at and not so good at can help shape what your life path will be. Looking deeper into my personal capabilities, I have discovered three strengths and three weaknesses that I have and I’m working on eliminating or improving. If you are not good at something, improving even slightly can have a nice positive impact on your overall quality of life at work and at home.
I have several attributes that I can bring to an employers table. Among the several strengths, three skills in particular stand out when working with a team and they include: Empathetic, Analytical and Visionary. I have a great ability to understand and share the feelings of another, which is an excellent skill to have when working in a group setting. Knowing what other group members are feeling can help the team work together better and have less problems overall. When working on a group project I take a very logical course of thinking. Being analytical with my thoughts helps keep the reasoning and logic of what the project is trying to accomplish into a real possibility. My thought process is very grounded and I try to utilize all of the available knowledge available to form the foundation of all group projects.
While I use logic and knowledge to form all thoughts, I have a great visionary mind that is always thinking about or planning for the future. A gre...
... middle of paper ...
...y strengths and improve my weaknesses by always being prepared for the new “thing” in technology and make sure that I am constantly using my resources (connections, education and skills) to make myself an ideal team member and someone that an employer wants as part of their team.
Fletcher, M. (2010). How to Overcome Impatience. Retrieved December 9, 2013, from http://www.deliberatereceiving.com/how-to-overcome-impatience.html#axzz2n6b8foV8
Maxwell, J. (2013, March 26). Teamwork and vision go hand in hand | John Maxwell on Leadership. Retrieved December 9, 2013, from http://johnmaxwellonleadership.com/2013/03/26/teamwork-and-vision-go-hand-in-hand/
Turner, T. (2012, April 1). Qualities of Visionary Leaders - Creative Leader | Creative Leader. Retrieved December 9, 2013, from http://www.creativeleader.com/qualties-of-visionary-leaders/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Managers are called upon to understand and lead an ever-diversifying workforce. However, a manager’s job does not end there; these individuals also need to develop an understanding of themselves in order to manage effectively. Identifying strengths and weaknesses and areas in need of personal development is a career long endeavor. While we are all unique and will develop our own personal leadership style, there are several core efficiencies we must have in order to be excellent managers. Managers must have the humility to realize no one is perfect (Baldoni, Use Humility to Improve Performance, 2009) and the ability to honestly assess their strengths and weaknesses so that they can continue... [tags: Management, Employment, Better, Psychology]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- Personal strengths and weaknesses determine how an individual will perform in their careers and lives. Clifton and Nelson (2010), defines strengths as “things that one does well” (p. 42). Strengths are traits of a person’s performance or views that result in personal gratification and reward. Effective leaders should strive to develop their personal strengths. Strengths can be drawn from things that an individual currently excels at or those from the past. Weaknesses on the other hand, are things that result in lessened productivity.... [tags: leadership, management, leader]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- I believe that life is a learning experience and being able to recognize our own strengths and weaknesses can help us become better individuals in anything we choose to do, whether it is positive abilities and skills that can help achieve our goals or negative personal areas that need improvement. Knowing yourself and what you can do, can help you recognize and overcome your weaknesses. One of my greatest strengths at work that I have recognized would have to be my ability to be a well-organized individual.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- According to the study of this course, I have learned many useful management skills and I feel like these skills will be applied to my future career development. When working on the self- assessment tests, I found myself fall into the category of the ISTJ personality types, which as illustrated by Myers Briggs, is the type of personality that is conscientious, considerate, and helpful. Personality traits such as honest, dutiful, practical and responsible are my strengths; personality traits such as stubborn, insensitive and poor communication skill are my weaknesses.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Personality psychology]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Strengths and weaknesses are important for leaders to understand in order to create a successful movement; however, nobody is born with strengths. Everyone has naturally occurring talents that are individual to themselves. Over time, applying a talent repeatedly will develop that trait into a strength, which can then be applied to any situation one may encounter. I found the StrengthsFinder assessment to be an excellent measure of my talents. As a student who was involved in leadership and academics at a high level in high school, I felt as though I knew myself well.... [tags: Leadership, High school, College, Goal]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Strengths and Weaknesses Every career requires specific soft skills in order to consider pursuing degree in that specific field. As a psychology major, some of the soft skills I need are Communication, Time management and Critical thinking. It’s very important for me to be fascinated with what I do in order to help others. The reason I picked these three soft skills is because having these skills can make me a great psychologist. Communication is required in every field of career, jobs or any sort of workplace.... [tags: Critical thinking, Thought, Psychology, Mind]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- Everyone is different. We are all given unique personality traits and gifts to use in our daily lives to help us in the workplace. When we all get together in a group setting, it is important to know our own strengths and weaknesses and how they come together to make the group work. It is not always as easily said as it is done. There will be those in a group that have clashing personalities and don’t seem to want to agree on anything, much less work together to complete a given task. It is important to understand each other’s personality and for each individual to understand their own personality to make the group work more cohesively.... [tags: Personality psychology]
2166 words (6.2 pages)
- Abstract: This paper observes a particular personality trait. The ESTJ personality trait is the acronym for Extraverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging. The paper will highlight the characteristics of ESTJ and will breakdown each letter of this acronym. This paper will highlight the strengths and weaknesses of ESTJ and observe and examine the applications of work and ESTJ in a personal example. Based on scoring, ESTJ was my recommendation on the personality tests. ESTJ is the acronym for Extraverted, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology, David Keirsey]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- Personal Strengths and Weaknesses What are my personal strengths and weaknesses. When I think about this question, the first thing that comes to mind is a job interview. I, like most people, find this simple question to be the most stressful moment of any interview. I want to give an answer that is imaginative but does not give the interviewer a bad impression of myself. In this paper, I will describe my strengths and weaknesses as I would to a job interviewer. I will give specific examples of my strengths and place a positive spin on my weaknesses.... [tags: essays research papers]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- I am going to write about my personal strengths and weaknesses. I would like to start out by going over my personal strengths. Then I will go over some of my personal weaknesses. Finally I will compose a plan of action to take to improve on my weaknesses. I am an honest person. I tell people what I am thinking and how I feel. Even if they don't like what I have to say. Being honest has helped me become closer to the people I care about most. It has also helped me in my professional career. I will tell my boss what's on my mind.... [tags: Self Improvement]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- Themes of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by James Thurber
- The Transformation of Guy Montag in Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury
- The Affects of Boot Camps on Juveniles
- Emotional Disconnect in Alex Proyas’ I, Robot and Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World
- The Flawed System of NFL Overtime Rules
- Religion Terms and Definitions