Throughout this course the purpose has been to do research involving your field of study and one thing I have come to find out that without Psychological research you have no foundation to help any person with Psychological Problems. Just because one research lab has made a drug doesn’t mean it will work on everyone. Research needs to be done and more of it to better ourselves and the people with mental illness. Not only does research help examine an illness in more depth it gives individuals, families, other institutions, communites and society a better understanding on the illness, how to help the person who is struggling with it, as well as to better inform our society on different research routes that need to be taken.
Futhermore a few things one should always be aware in this profession is that no one is immune to becoming burnt out. The worst thing you can do is turn what a client has told you and putting it on your shoulders to burden yourself with. By doing this you’re not helping your client or yourself and in the end no one wins. When it comes to wo...
... middle of paper ...
...s death, injury, or a threat to the physical integrity of another person; or learning about unexpected or violent death, serious harm, or threat of death or injury experienced by a family member or other close associate. (American Psychiatric Association 463-8)
During my research throughout this course one of my searches located a new treatment that has been found to help some veterans affected with PTSD. The continual refinement of mindfulness assessment instruments is a crucial step, as it would allow researchers and clinicians to reliably investigate the effectiveness of current mindfulness interventions. It is imperative that future work continues to examine the applicability of mindfulness interventions to veterans and other populations to improve psychological treatment outcomes among trauma survivors which greatly is effecting troops coming back from the war.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Statement for Health Psychology MSc I am writing this letter because I am highly motivated to do the Health Psychology master’s program and I want to be considered as a candidate. I have a Bachelor’s Degree of Psychology from Budapest, Hungary with the highest grade 5. My qualification has already been sent to UK NARIC and the Statement of Compability will arrive to you shortly at the beginning of September. I am applying for this course because I have always wanted to be a psychologist and the Cardiff Metropolitan University can provide my next step to do so.... [tags: Psychology, Mind, Thought, Clinical psychology]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- I have set very high goals and to accomplish them seems daunting at times. The process of having to finish your BS in Psychology then transfer to a different college to complete ones Masters can seem extremely dark at times almost like there is no end in sight. So once I complete my masters my goal is to get my counseling degree in this state. Then I would like to work a few years with Veterans hopefully at the VA while I do that and progress more on learning outside of the classroom I will be continuing my education to become a Psychiatrist.... [tags: Posttraumatic stress disorder]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- When the first time I entered this class, I did not know much things about psychology. Maybe at that time when people ask me about what is a definition of a whole person, I will say that a successful person that has a lot of money, smart, and good at socialize with others. After taking the psychology class, I learn more about a whole person figure that it needs to be loving, responsible, and confident. To be honest, I am lack of those aspects, such as responsibility, smart, and confidence. Sometimes, I was too lazy to do my works, including studies, which is the example of irresponsible.... [tags: Learning, Education, Want, United States]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Nelson, Shanika, Existential Psychology Explain the six propositions of this theory and give your opinion of each proposition and for the theory in general. Proposition 1: This is the self-awareness proposition. All human beings are capable of increasing their awareness. As factors influence our lives, we have the ability to develop self-awareness to our fullest potential and personal fulfillment. In this capacity, we have choices and/or decisions that can determine our destiny. The more we become self-aware the more we are conscious of our choices and the consequences.... [tags: Meaning of life, Philosophy of life, Life, Fear]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- PSYCHOLOGY AND HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT – PERSONAL STATEMENT I am very interested in the career path of human resource management, which involves the management of an organisation’s workforce and personnel. People are the most valuable asset in any organisation and therefore, in order to ensure the smooth-running of that organisation, it is essential that a HR manager possesses a solid understanding of human behaviour. This is where my interest in psychology comes in. Psychology is the scientific study of the mind and behaviour.... [tags: personal statement, career choices]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- When we first started talking about travel and tourism I had a very broad understanding of it. Thinking about it then, it was just defined to me as ‘getting away from home for a few days’. Understanding it now there are so many different definitions to tourism and they all have their pros and cons. I never really considered the three elements that I have heard belong in tourism and somehow those elements still fail to grasp the small meaning that travel can have on a person. To me travel can really open up parts of your personality that you may have forgotten, it gives you the feeling of being small, and can even restore your soul to find purpose.... [tags: Personal life, Leisure, Psychology]
1310 words (3.7 pages)
- Personal Analysis Personal attributes help define the key characteristics about a person. I recently took five self-assessments to see what my character and personality traits were. Sometimes you think you know who you are and then you take these surveys and it really pulls out your strong points and shows your true values and personalities. Here I will analyze and discuss the five assessments that I have recently done. One assessment I did was a value survey. Here we had a list of 18 values for each terminal values which are the desired end result and instrumental values which are the means to achieving the end result.... [tags: Personality psychology, Trait theory]
1899 words (5.4 pages)
- Pursuing a PsyD: A Personal Statement I sit across from a once vibrantly alive woman. When she smiles, the corners of her eyes crinkle, giving a glimpse of the times she has weathered. The many breathtaking adventures and crucial moments of life that she can not seem to grasp. It’s okay, I tell myself, I’ll remember them for her. I hold her hand and tell her about my day even though she does not quite know who I am. This woman is my mother. What a tragedy it would be if someone like her, or even I, were to feel alone in this world.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology, Psychotherapy]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- A personal statement to a school of choice has shown to be hard to write. You want to be able to give the school a glimpse of who you are, how you came to be this person who is applying to their program, and who you want to eventually be. You want to be able to show the passion and drive you have for learning, for mastering your aspired career. You want to show the school why they shouldn’t just accept you, they should want you. The task is intimidating, to say the least. But I am most willing to give it my best shot.... [tags: Adler School of Professional Psychology]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- Personal writing Statement This semester in English 102 has been a great learning experience for me as a student. With each writing project I have grown as a writer learning new was of conducting and structuring an essay with MLA, or APA. Also this class has taught me how to create new works research writing from one original writing assignment, which I thought to be very helpful and interesting to learn rather than writing a whole new paper. English 102 was also a great experience with sentence structure and grammar which was another area of writing that I believe I have excelled in.... [tags: Learning, Writing, Psychology]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- A Better Health For A Healthier Future
- Alan Barges Was Admitted Into The Hospital
- Strengths And Weaknesses Of A Leader 's Vision
- Performance Management Linkages Between Organizational Strategies And Employee Performance
- America 's Exceptional Nation, Its Past Failures And Its Future Destiny
- Atheism Should Be Covered Under The First Amendment