Once I found a job and with my life starting to get on track I wanted nothing more than to purchase a car on my own. Having a handy down family car was okay to get me where I needed to, but I felt as though I was chained to parents as no matter what it was their property. My hobby at the time as it still is to this day are car. They can be fast, expensive, luxurious, and works of art to the eye of the beholder. However, I already knew what I wanted something fast yet not too extreme to strain my funds. I settled on a craigslist ad on a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I knew right away the car would not be perfect, yet I believed that I could mold it into something I could be proud of. Since the first pull on the test drive I had to have it. With cash in hand I said the greedy words, “That is a fair price.” From that day my understanding of driving changed, once home I gutted the entire inter...
... middle of paper ...
...h a flick and twist of the key the car comes to life as you anticipate the great thundering roar of the exhaust as the Mitsubishi four cylinder turbocharged power plant wakes up ready to throw oneself into the seats as the race forward. With every car I see I find inspiration to one day make mine different, while I have only done minor work I hope to one day build it into something even more unique. Though the car is fast I appreciate it for the experiences it has given me. The car gave me the opportunity to learn to drive stick shift and truly gave me respect for the road. Even when I have nowhere to drive to I don’t care I’ll drive anyway because the feeling of being free from everywhere that causes stress in my life is the reason why I find happiness. In my little Mitsu I’m happy relaxed, because there is always going to be another mile for me to see and explore.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Have you ever woke up early Saturday morning, and realize that you cannot hang out with friends or family. The feeling of knowing that ten-hour shift is waiting for you at five o 'clock sharp. Yes that augh. Feeling of all of a suddenly wanting to call in sick, but then knowing you are on the last strike, so you pushed yourself to get up and get dressed, of course grab a large cup of coffee from the nearest coffee shop. On Saturday, November 22, 2014 was that sort of Saturday from me, but none-the-less I got up and went to pick up my two friends in the whole entire world.... [tags: Drunk driving, Driving under the influence]
1994 words (5.7 pages)
- Numb Faces “Oh God why me. Why does have to me” when broken glass hit my face and woke up in wrecked car. The car was not the same that I had earlier that night it looked totally different, everything is a mess I can let myself out I had push the door hard. I felt numb my body was shaking tears washing my face I can’t think straight I made the biggest mistake of my life. I want cry out loud but I do not have the guts to do it all I felt is shame so I mumbled “what had just happened, what I have done, what’s got in to me”.... [tags: Automobile, Wheel, Driving, Xenomania]
1036 words (3 pages)
- Having my own car was one of my biggest wishes when I was a kid. All of my friends were at the same age as mine, and they had their own cars before even getting their driving licenses. That is common in my culture, but it also depends on our parents if they wanted to give us a car or not. As a fifteen year old kid, I really wanted to have my own car so bad especially after seeing all of my friends having their own. Arguing with my father to get me a car was in my daily routine and I had never stopped trying.... [tags: Automobile, Driving, English-language films]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- Leaders will no matter what have an influence on our world. They have missions, dreams and ambition, and with these things they are bound to go far. For leaders, what makes these dreams come true is having strong qualities such as leadership practices, values and strengths. If developed and learned how to use correctly, these are what take leaders to the next level and accomplish great things. In the following paper I will talk about leadership in our ever-changing world, explore my leadership practices, values and strengths as well as elaborate on the goals I have made to challenge myself as a leader.... [tags: Statement of Leadership]
2266 words (6.5 pages)
- Personal Strategic Management Plan: Vision Statement: My vision is to have a plan for where my life is heading, to be able to adapt to the inevitable changes that arise, and keep my values in tact that help me to live a meaningful and valued life. Mission: The core values that will help maintain my vision are: • Ambition • Responsibility • Commitment • Innovation • Dependability • A balance of flexibility and stability Stakeholder Identification: My stakeholders include family, the company I work for, coworkers, friends, and the local community.... [tags: Strategic management, Management, Strategy map]
1584 words (4.5 pages)
- ... Most of my students proceeded to pass the TAKS for the first time in their academic careers. I was awestruck and inspired because there was nothing like the feeling of changing a child’s life, and I began to realize that teachers do in fact change the world one student at a time. I joined the Dallas ISD Alternative Certification program the following month. After the Alternative Certification program I was hired immediately at W.H. Gaston Middle School, and I never looked back. My first year of teaching, I spent most of my time trying to keep up with lessons, and paperwork, but when I had time my mind would turn to how to streamline the system.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- Choose a meaningful personal change that you want to make; A personal change I would like to make is my approach and the response I display to my teammates and the organization. I am a very independent person at work, I tend to be a controlling person in every aspect. However, I am trying to overcome this debilitating trait by learning new techniques and reflecting on the other person’s ideas, comments, efforts and suggestions without taking control. I do complete my task with little or no assistance, but it causes me to be detached, indifferent, and uninvolved from my teammates causing conflicting issues.... [tags: Personality psychology]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- ... Economic Class During the interview, I asked Alberto to name a handful of his roles. From that list, he mentioned that he was a minimum wage employee. I found it interesting that he specially mentioned that he was a minimum wage employee as opposed to just a regular employee. I questioned him why he was so aware of this. Alberto attributed his awareness to his upbringing. Growing up, his parents worked numerous jobs of different economic levels. His mom’s work history included several part time jobs and his father made a career of truck driving.... [tags: Sociology, Social justice, Question]
1387 words (4 pages)
- ... My first classes in political sciences were all junior classes because I have already taken my sophomore and freshman classes at El Centro. Now, shifting from a community college to an accredited University like Texas A&M, was a drastic change. For one, the mechanisms of the classes: such as sizes, how often students were to self-learn were also immensely different. Back at El Centro College, I graduated with high honors, so I thought I was already college ready. However, Texas A&M University proved otherwise.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Personal Statement It is 8:40 p.m. of Tuesday night and I'm leaving the King Fahd General hospital driving home with John Mayer melodies bringing peaceful and relaxing vibes into the car compartments. After 12 hours of surgery, assisting in a large operation for a young guy with "Treacher Collins syndrome". It was aw-inspiring how the team of OMS approached the patient, constructing his orbits, grafting and correcting his dentofacial deformity. Although I was exhausted, but I enjoyed every second of the operation and felt really proud and I knew that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life.... [tags: surgery, dental school]
572 words (1.6 pages)