Looking back on the experiences in my life, education weaves itself seamlessly into my journey. In my past, my childhood helped me realize that all students have the ability to succeed, and, my first job in education me realize that I am a really good teacher. In the present, my job has empowered me to feel passionate servicing our students better through public education. In the future I aspire to be a system-level leader that changes preK-12 education in America.
Each stage in my life has continually pushed me towards the education field. Ever since I can remember I have mentally been collecting things into my “teacher basket.” I know that education is the key to ending the cycle of poverty from my personal experiences, consequently I have a different perspective. My mother was always working, my father was an alcoholic and a drug addict, and eventually I was passed off to my aunt like an unwanted toy. I used school as an escape; school was the place that I could be my best without anyone holding me back. Despite my home life school was easy for me, and I was eager to please my teachers, and thought I might want to become a teacher. However, as I grew older, the idea of being a teacher started to scare, and so as most teens do, I began to rebel against the idea because I wanted to be so much more; I wanted to change the world.
My plan to change the worlds was off to a slow start; after my college years I stumbled into a career as a dog walker. However, this career did not last long, for shortly after it began I fell and broke my foot; rendering my main service useless. Alas, I began my search for something that would allow me to sit while my foot was on the mend. I attended a...
... middle of paper ...
...re open model.
Unfortunately for our students change is not happening fast enough to accommodate the changing job market. The bottom line is if we want to prepare our students for success, then the system has to change. The system has to change to include courses that are interesting and relevant to the times. The system has to change to welcome all families, and make them feel their students can be successful. The system has to change to close the achievement gap. We are servicing the students to the best of our ability. It will take a strong leader with perseverance, grit, and the ability to withstand criticism to take public education to the next level.
I have to passion and drive to continue towards my goal of being a system-level leader. I will continue to relentlessly pursue positive change that can bring our preK-12 education system into the future.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Statement of Purpose Background Personal Looking back on the experiences in my life, education weaves itself seamlessly into my journey. In my past, my childhood helped me realize that all students have the ability to succeed, and, my first job in education me realize that I am a really good teacher. In the present, my job has empowered me to feel passionate servicing our students better through public education. In the future I aspire to be a system-level leader that changes preK-12 education in America.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- Personal Statement of Purpose On that fateful day as I stood in my black and pink salmon graduation gown, I pondered on the skills I was equipped with in just 11 months of master 's study and I yearned for more. While these skills have enabled me to function as a research fellow at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) post-graduation, I find myself seeking to enhance them and gain more knowledge. My attendance at professional conferences, registration in short courses, and seeking mentorship can attest to this fact.... [tags: Epidemiology, Public health, Statistics]
1418 words (4.1 pages)
- Oluwaseyi Ade-Ojo: Statement of Purpose My journey to becoming an organisational psychology had been a long one. As a child, all I wanted was to engage in an area of employment that influenced the world in a way that would make humans’ lives better. A work that will inspire others and make them want to live life, this was a dream I always had. I always wanted to help people, so decided to be a doctor, but low and behold science was not quite my strong suit. It was disheartening to see a dream I longed for drifting away.... [tags: Employment, Psychology, Problem solving]
706 words (2 pages)
- I began taking piano lesson when I was in grade one, but when I moved to Canada, I was not able to take piano lessons. I was not given the opportunity to re-start piano lessons until grade eleven. In high school, I joined choir for four years as well as Jazz Band, and concert and got an award for music in grade twelve. I peer tutored the grades six, seven and eight band. When I was in jazz band, I learned how to play the alto saxophone and tenor saxophone. When I was in concert band I played flute.... [tags: statement of purpose, personal reflections]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- Personal Statement Application to Infection and Immunity MSc Program I began high school in 2003. Like every other student I aimed for the so called high and prominent careers and my first choice was Medicine while my second choice was nursing. This led me to volunteer in a hospital immediately after High school but after the results were out I did not qualify for the Medicine program as a government sponsored student instead, I was selected for the General Science program. I did not know what the program entailed when I enrolled in the university but I embraced it positively and settled on making it work for me.... [tags: personal statement of purpose]
698 words (2 pages)
- I come from a very academic oriented Indian family. My father, an avid reader, wanted to pursue a doctorate in biology and become a scientist, but due to family commitments, had to join business instead. My mother had a strong interest in economics and always wanted to do higher studies but she got married at a very early age, and had to instead focus on raising a family. Their dreams to get higher education were dashed, so they’ve always yearned for their children to achieve our goals. Due to business problems, our family went through a very hard phase, and at one stage, we were almost bankrupt.... [tags: personal statement of purpose]
575 words (1.6 pages)
- I may have not been sure about many things in my life, but one thing I knew for sure was that when I grew up I wanted to be a pharmacist. Growing up I was always interested in medicine and how it works on the body. As a child whenever I would get sick my parents would give me Chinese herbal remedies that they brewed at home. I remembered it tasted disgusting, but I would still force it down and ask my parents how this nasty liquid was going to help me feel better. It was as I grew older that I discovered that herbal remedies were not the only cure for sickness.... [tags: personal statement of purpose, career choices]
2303 words (6.6 pages)
- Statement of Purpose for Tony Harper “Never stop pursuing knowledge and education. These are things that no one can take from you regardless of what life throws at you.” This insightful piece of wisdom was offered to me by my grandfather, a professor at Northern Arizona University. He continually stressed to me that the attainment of knowledge and education are always worthwhile undertakings. For this reason I find myself unfulfilled unless some part of my days are spent actively seeking to further my current understanding of a given subject or endeavoring to learn a new one.... [tags: Personal Statement]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE I am very thankful for providing me this opportunity and it is with sincere sense of gratification that I pen my brief statement of purpose. The course of Information Technology which I pursued at GURU NANAK college of Engineering further advanced the deep curiosity I had in computer science and mathematics since childhood .It is only natural that after completing my course I had a penchant to learn more, which guided me to take up the decision to pursue graduate study in research oriented and technological areas like Computer Science and Information Technology, that touch the lives of many in this modern age.... [tags: Graduate school, College, Statement of purpose]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- While I was searching for a captivating career for life during my BDS, something that would grip my mind and keep me thirsting for more, I was captivated by the sphere of public health and similar issues which were not localized to any one nation but had global ramifications if not arrested on time. My search ended for I had found my calling. Today a desire to be a part of the leading force of public health professionals brings me to the Masters Degree course in Public Health at your University.... [tags: Personal Ambition]
1049 words (3 pages)
- Aristotle On The Soul Of Aristotle
- The Quality Alex Exemplified Was Democratic And Authoritarian Leadership
- Female Characters Of The Lamplighter By Maria Susanna Cummins And Ruth Hall
- Communication : Effective And Effective Communication
- Analysis Of ' On Misunderstanding The Oedipus Rex '
- Social Media Effects On Relationships