The person you least expect can be a leader in their on right. We have great world leaders such as our President Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton, but also we even have our small town leaders such has our sheriffs and mayors. Most importantly I’ve seen the greatest leader of them all and that’s been in my own household. My mother exemplifies all of these very great qualities she practices what she preaches, encourages me to be a better me, tends to my needs, and has ultimately won all of my trust to know she will never steer me in the wrong direction.
Leading is a way of life, something that is a learning experience. With growth, lessons learned, and having confidence leadership is a task that all can obtain.
My top five strengths include Faith, Integrity, leadership, teamwork, and communication. My number one weakness is ambition. I would have to say that my strength finder test was pretty accurate to what I already knew were my strengths and weaknesses. I actually found the test very helpful and it opened up my eyes to a lot of things.
With anything you do in life you need faith. I have always struggled wi...
... middle of paper ...
... we know it or not. Growth is inevitable and when there is growth there is new finding about life. Leadership is a growing process that is never ending. Even a leader is human. Learning from mistakes and showing ways to positively turn them around is one of the strongest leaders of them all. But one must realize you have to be follower in one time of your life to become a leader. The most creative geniuses are those who have followed. Stay humble, open-minded, and firm in your beliefs and know man should ever discredit you from being an extraordinary leader.
Summary." U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, n.d. Web. 13 November 2013.
"Free Aptitude Test – Find Your Strengths & Weaknesses." Tools for Your Career Path. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Nov. 2013.
"Leadership." Merriam-Webster. Merriam-Webster, n.d. Web. 14 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Faisal N Aldossary Mr. Williams GEN-140 Personal Leadership Philosophy My vision is to lead a family into a very successfully integrated life with the community and to help others in the community as an occupational safety officer. In order to best serve the community and my family as their servant-leader, I need to implement several areas of leadership development. First of all, I must have a good guide for decision-making. Taking in mind my vision, my decision-making should be most importantly focused on safety.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Ethical leadership, Ethics]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- Elements of Personal Philosophy of Leadership A purposeful leader has a requirement where individuals must create within themselves something that other people desire to follow or be like. This is a very interesting comment that brings to mind a reality of behavior. For example, why did people follow Adolf Hitler. It was not for his looks or his personality; it was for his passion. Passion creates willingness in others to follow regardless if what they are pursuing is right or wrong. Initially, Adolf may have had some great ideas that people thought were of importance to them and society, but soon discernment disappeared and we see in history the results of Adolf Hitler’s leadership.... [tags: Ethics, Management, Morality, Leadership]
2012 words (5.7 pages)
- Due to my past experiences, my personal philosophy of leadership is grounded in servant leadership. Servant leadership values all members of the community and includes them in solving problems and promoting the goals of the organization (Sergiovanni, 2013). Over my six-year career in education, I have met some incredibly competent educators. I learned new skills when I had a chance to speak to or observe an educator who brought new and innovative ideas to the classroom. These experiences were rewarding and humbling.... [tags: Leadership, Education, Management]
1743 words (5 pages)
- The qualities that make a good leader are as varied as the people that fill leadership roles. Some leaders aren’t overly dynamic but somehow get the best out of people while others appear to be too carefree to take seriously. What is it then that makes leaders who they are. A personal philosophy of leadership is that distinguishing trait that every leader possesses. What those leadership characteristics and behaviors are will be explored in the following text, along with what I believe is the best route for me to follow as I work on developing my own personal philosophy of leadership.... [tags: leadership]
1932 words (5.5 pages)
- In block one, we focused on the foundation for great leadership. We first learned about developing a personal leadership philosophy, which I thought was a great experience. As a leader before this course, I did not know exactly why I did the things I did; that was how I led my group. Now learning about the different leadership types, I can say I am more of an X-leader and understand the pros and cons that come with being an X leader. I enjoyed the activities associated with finding my personal leadership philosophy, as I am always wanting to learn about my personality.... [tags: Leadership, Servant leadership, Skill]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- According to Webster’s Dictionary, leadership is the power or ability to lead other people, the act or instance of leading. I believe that Leadership is an art, the art to get others to follow and accomplish a common goal or task in a harmonic manner. A leader can be shown in all kinds of shapes and forms. To be a great leader many people believe it consists of modeling the way, inspiring a shared vision, enabling others to act, and encouraging the heart. Over the course of me learning how to become a better leader and being in leadership roles, I’ve learned that all these are very necessary to be a great leader.... [tags: Leadership Essays]
1556 words (4.4 pages)
- In developing this idea of what leadership is, I examined what was most important to me in being a leader. Since leadership is such a broad term, this could not be a process whereby I could generalize leadership for everyone. Rather, the task is to determine who I am as a leader. I asked myself, what is it that shapes the vision. What are the factors that comprise a leader, and what makes these things add up to create something larger than ourselves as leaders. Thoughtful reflections on these things lead me to generate the following definition of leadership: Leadership is about more than simply having followers; it is not a title, and it is not achieved by just following a few p... [tags: definition of leadership]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Throughout my life, my experiences and role models have shaped my understanding of leadership. I believe leadership is responsibly guiding and motivating others to use both my strengths and their own to obtain success. My personal leadership philosophy is guided by my core values of my family, relationships, loyalty, harmony, and responsibility. My ever-changing definition of philosophy helps my leadership and decision making routinely. New experience’s and external forces effect my translation of leadership daily which, in turn, helps shape me into a successful leader.... [tags: Leadership, Sociology, High school, Coaching]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- LEADERSHIP PHILOSOPHY I define Leadership as a person’s ability to guide or shepherd a herd through/to a common destination – a destination of common beliefs. The leader possesses qualities/traits that can persuade others to follow them because they believe and trust them – regardless of their “human” traits and imperfections. The herd trusts that they will stay on course to the common destination. In my career…in my life I have been exposed to a handful of exceptional leaders that have influenced me in positive ways.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Regulatory Focus Theory]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- Personal Philosophy of Leadership Every institution has a mission statement, organizational philosophy or principles which they use to guide faculty, staff and administrator to stay focus on their work and to carry out the mission and vision of the organization. When clearly expressed, these statements help keep the institution on a clear pathway towards achieving their goals and fulfilling the mission. My philosophy on leadership is that it takes great ability, responsibility, skills and a community to translate the vision and mission of a community college and turn it into a reality.... [tags: College, Higher education, Secondary school]
2309 words (6.6 pages)