In the On Course text, one way to be successful is to accept personal responsibility. This requires one to see themselves as the primary cause of their outcomes and experiences. Being a senior I will admit at the beginning of the year I slacked off a little bit. I thought that I could fly through this year and finish highschool out by just getting by but in doing this I was not really learning and was getting lower grades than I was capable of. I stopped doing homework and showed up late to school to get coffee almost everyday. Once I got my first report card, I realized that I was playing a victim role and that I had to take responsibility and I told myself I need to do the work and really get into it. I started to accept that I made some wrong choices and got back on task I felt better with myself and my grades improved immensely. For anyone who says senioritis is not real, they are lying, because you just want to get out of the high school, but if you stay on task and get what you need done, you will succeed.
Another On Co...
... middle of paper ...
...ose to be happy and change things in my life, and I did. Because I realized how unhappy I was and what was causing it, which ranged from how I acted to friends to family situations, I was able to make healthy changes. Today, I choose to be happy and not focus on little things. I take in the detail of life and do not allow myself to make wrong decisions or to be sad. This has helped me to be successful because once I started feeling better, I started doing better. My school work improved along with relationships with family and friends.
Being successful in life seems like it might take a lot but it doesn’t. If you use the On Course textbook and look within yourself and choose the correct path you think you should go on, you will be successful. Stay motivated and never give up on something. Enjoy the little things and cherish everything. One day it could all be gone.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout my life I have always found success when accomplishing one of my goals. When thinking of a goal I would want to accomplish, I usually look at the things I need improvement in. I would refer to myself as a generous, compassionate procrastinator. I would also call myself a hard worker, but just not school wise, work wise also. I am a very giving person, rather it 's giving someone my undivided attention to talk or if someone needs something. I love helping others out because there will always be a positive outcome.... [tags: Need, Want, American football, Success]
704 words (2 pages)
- Imagine today’s world without human relationships life plans, no emotional intelligence, no positive psychology and no training to help us develop the nontechnical skills needed in the twenty first century of our homes and workplaces. According to Cengage Learning, the term human relations covers all types of interactions among people their conflicts, cooperative efforts, and group relationships. “The study of human relations emphasizes the analysis of human behavior, prevention, resolution of behavioral problems, and self-development”.... [tags: Psychology, Interpersonal relationship, Mind]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Success is something that everyone wants to achieve. By many peoples standards how successful you are depends on how much money you make or how famous you are but, it is so much more than that. Throughout the years my personal definition of success has changed completely. When I was younger my idea of success was when my parents handed me a lollipop for cleaning my room; now, it is the feeling of being satisfied with myself and all the work I have completed. The feeling of completing something and knowing you did a good job by feedback or just being happy with yourself is the real definition of success.... [tags: Emotion, Motivation, Consciousness, Want]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- When I think of success, I think of a bumper sticker I saw once which read, “He who dies the most toys wins”. That has always stuck with me because I have never thought of material possessions as the yard stick of my success in life. As everyone wishes, I would like to be comfortable and not always worrying about bills but, extravagance for the sake of status is not success. I think success in a person is defined by happiness and people’s pride in being a good person. Although, it is different for everyone, no one can tell you if you were successful at something.... [tags: Personal Reflection]
510 words (1.5 pages)
- Paper on Balance and Success in life Everyone dreams of a successful career and life. The definition of success is very personal. For me, the term “Successful career” revolves around happiness. My definition for successful career and a successful life: For me, a successful career is one that stirs up a certain level of excitement, passion and happiness in me. In my view, successful career should be enjoyable and interesting. To be successful at work I always pose these questions to myself: • Is this place giving me enough space to showcase my talent.... [tags: Personal life, Happiness, Success]
1051 words (3 pages)
- When you think of a wealthy person, what 's the first thing you think about. Is it confidence and happiness like they describe success to be. Or is the person unhappy, stressed out, and having major thoughts about his life choices. When I think of a wealthy person who has been quite successful, I instantly think that they probably aren 't as happy as they seem to be. Media has found a way to make us believe a false definition of success. Marketing brainwashes us in thinking that owning the newest cars, keeping up with latest trends,living in mansions, and having lots of money is the key to success and happiness.Let 's be honest all of that is false and not ever really true in life.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Personal life, Meaning of life]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- Success takes many different definitions. People have different interpretations of what success really means. For me is as simple as: living well and laughing often. The idea of living well is a very broad statement. Living well, in my opinion is getting success in personal, social and professional life. If I can achieve all of these three levels of success, I believe that I have lived well. Personal success for me is being able enjoy little things that life has to offer. For instance; understanding and appreciating diversity.... [tags: Personal Reflection, definition, narrative]
583 words (1.7 pages)
- "Success entails having a positive outlook and good work ethic to help you pursue your dreams and goals throughout your entire life. Success is achieving intellectual growth for your own personal enrichment. Success is making the best of the opportunities that are presented to us in order to do good things for ourselves and for those around us." – Aarron Hedlock – What is success and how can you achieve it. I’d like to to propose a new definition of success that isn’t about landing a job; it’s about believing that the job you will do is the job you should be doing.... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
450 words (1.3 pages)
- "Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” – Swami Vivekananda -- What is success. How can I come successful. There's a library's worth of self-help books on how to become successful. Yet, at the end of the day, each of us decides our own personal definition of success. How will we balance security and adventure, challenge and safety, mastery versus risk-taking?. Learning expert Dawna Markova's words are simple yet profound: "Each of us is here to give something that only we can offer, and... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
400 words (1.1 pages)
- Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it. – Bruce Lee – What is success. Society is always striving for a definition to define it and how others can and have achieved it. This paper will illustrate the definition of success, what makes society success or not success, and what my personal definition of success is. This will show how twisted and materialistic people can really be in today’s world. In the dictionary.com definition success is the achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted.... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
920 words (2.6 pages)