My personal career goal is to become a director at GEICO where I currently work. To become a director, there are several things that have to be done to prepare you for the position. The first requirement is getting a bachelor’s degree in business. Your education isn’t limited to college, but there are required classes that are required within GEICO that they are required to take also. The second requirement is following the management path. The first one is being a coach, complete the supervisory preparatory program (SPP), become a supervisor, complete the management preparatory program (MPP), become a manager and then after being a manager one can become a director. Each step will prepare you for the next steps. The steps that must be taken to pursue a career as a director are very important in reaching my career goal.
The process that I undertook that has helped me decide on my career goal is that after meeting and talking with my director, I knew that this is something I wanted to do. She had me to write down my career goals and what steps I planned on taking, and how I plan on achieving them. We reviewed my list and the main thing that I was missing was a bachelor’s degree. Since that was the most important factor. I enrolled at Georgia Military College. Outside of speaking with my director, I wanted to know other things that a director do. I saw that it was a lot similar to a regional manager that I found in occupational outlook. I saw that a director and a regional manager shared similar job functions. I saw that they should have excellent motivational and supervisory skills and be able to establish and prioritize team sales objective. Communication and leadership skills are important and maybe bene...
... middle of paper ...
...e work ladder.
After completing this project, it gave me a better insight on what steps I need to take in order to pursue my career goal. It helped me see the different job opportunities that I can have with having a bachelor’s degree. I have been able to develop a goal that I can work on achieving. I do have a clearer idea on how I am able to meet my goal. If I continue with the plan that I have established, I know that I will be able to meet my career goal. I have learned that no matter how hard things seem I should never give up on my dreams even if their obstacles are thrown my way. I will be different by the way in which I think. In order to be successful one must maintain a positive attitude no matter how things may appear. I know that there may be times when I am told “no” but no matter how many times I hear it, I can’t stop until I have reached my goal.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction: Managerial Leadership is consisted of innovator and broker concerned with innovation, adaptation to change, director and producer concerned with planning and goal setting, achievement of productive outcomes, coordinator and monitor concerned with organizational effectiveness, and mentor and facilitator concerned with effective human relations (Journal.TDL.Org). These are the primary goals I wanted to achieve throughout my career in management, therefore I took this Managerial Leadership course to help expand my knowledge and understanding of leadership.... [tags: Goal, Management, Leadership, Knowledge]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- Library Professional Associations When an individual makes the decision to pursue a higher degree of education in a desired field of study, he or she may have decided to follow a professional path in the world of libraries and information science. My career goal has been to become the director of the library system that I am currently working. As director, I oversee all library programs, budget, staff, and library operations. I would like to continue as director for the next 3 to 5 years. After reading about the other opportunities in the library world in “So You Want to be a Librarian” by Lauren Pressley, my goals may have changed.... [tags: public libraries, library professionals]
1902 words (5.4 pages)
- Extended Goal Statement I sat in my child development class in a “brick and mortar” classroom setting. What was I doing there. I was extremely interested in what the professor was speaking on and what was being discussed. However, I was beginning to doubt whether I wanted to continue in my current field of study, Speech/Language Pathology. I no longer felt I was being fulfilled. There was something lacking. I talked to a few of my friends who mentioned how much money I would make as a Speech/Language Pathologist.... [tags: Personal Experience Essay]
1060 words (3 pages)
- On March 5, 2014, I sat down with Teacher one and we discussed what her teacher career has been for over 30 years of teaching. Currently working as a teacher with 3 to 4 year old has given her the experience of dealing with diversity and communicating with the parents. She graduated from Mercyhurst University and has plenty of experience of involving parents within her classroom as a main goal in her classroom. As we were talking she explained to me her multiple ways of building a relationship with her families include having a classroom news letter, the centers news letter, invitations, greeting, and teacher conferences.... [tags: communication, relationship, conferences]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Before beginning her transition into health, Chan was a trained Home Economics teacher in Hong Kong, where she was originally born. After teaching, Chan earned a bachelor’s degree in public health and a doctorate of medicine at the University of Western Ontario. After this, she went on to earn her masters of science in the field of Public Health at the national university of Singapore. In 1997, Chan was given the distinction for the Fellowship of the Faculty of Public Health Medicine of the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom while also being appointed as an Officer of the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II.... [tags: pandemic, forbes, director]
621 words (1.8 pages)
- Accounting is one of the most popular careers that deal with business for maintaining records of profit and loss, tax liability, including other financial activities that brings many businesses organization into a success career. In accounting, many typical tasks are required to be done, develop and maintain are very important like reports, the balance sheet that must be done on a daily schedule. Like any other job, accounting deals with a variety of clients, which would either be with government agencies and keeping up with their records.... [tags: Accountant, Accountancy, Employment, College]
773 words (2.2 pages)
- Career Planning The evaluation of competencies regarding career planning includes assessing the comprehension of the individual nurse has in regards to their position, the future goals of the nurse, what it will require to meet that goal. Understanding these three components are needed to have a career plan that will pave the way for attaining the goal (AACN, 2006). As a Director of Medical Management, my responsibilities fall into three main categories including clinical oversight, compliance and financial accountability.... [tags: Nurse, Nursing, Florence Nightingale]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- I am currently employed as a software integration technologist with Motorola. The division I work in develops software used to identify persons, usually for law enforcement purposes, through fingerprint, palm print, facial, and demographic matching technologies. My job is to integrate these technologies into a single, fast, and easy to use system. Specifically, I code the workflow engine that allows the separate technologies to function as a single system. Instead of moving from company to company, changing jobs every few years like many of my past and present co-workers have done; I have been working at the same company for the last 18 years.... [tags: essays research papers]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn life around.” Says Leo Buscaglia; a teacher of special education at the University of Southern California. Every teacher has this potential whether they are aware of it or not. I have been a teacher for nine years in early childhood education and within those nine years I have become very aware of how powerful the smallest act of caring can turn a person’s life around or even just make someone’s day a little better.... [tags: Childcare Director, Career Essays]
1058 words (3 pages)
- The sense of sight is very complex, yet fascinating. Optometrists have the amazing opportunity to further explore this sense and help patients feel their mere existence to be nothing less than a miracle. The onset of illnesses of the body also manifest in the eyes and can be diagnosed through changes that occur within them. Upon screening for changes in the eyes, diseases such as Alzheimer’s and diabetes can be diagnosed. Given that I already have a background in vision care, I ultimately find no other rewarding career for myself than one that serves patients to see and appreciate the simple pleasures around them.... [tags: Career in Optometry]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- The Dark Path Of Literature
- The Problem Of Reading And Writing At The High School Level
- Personal Narrative : High School, There Was One Staff Part That Changed My Life And Her Name
- Norman Bates Off Of Bates Motel On Ae Channel
- Reason For Assessment : Rosa Lee Cunningham
- Factors That Cause Air Pollution Levels