Requirement for Entry in Accounting Career
As I progressed from high school to the university, I realized becoming an accountant required more than just passion. The career requirements vary from school to school. Although accounting education majorly requires an extreme concentration on Mathematics, business, economics, and finance (Nobes). Every profession has a set of standards that must be achieved educationally. Since I plan to shift and complete the program at Kennesaw State ...
... middle of paper ...
...ds such as law to compliment the current state of the profession (Carey).
From here to there
To have a successful transfer, a number of factors have to be considered. After a critical analysis of the accounting courses offered at Kennesaw State University, I believe it is one of the best institutions to pursue my dreams. Other colleges that I encountered with good business studies included the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, and the Wake Forest University Schools of Business. However, their location is not favourable to my current area of residence. I believe that Kennesaw will help me realize my dreams of becoming a certified international accountant. One of my major pathways to succeeding is having mentors who have realised self-actualisation in accounting. I believe that every career has its challenges but having the right mentors is a solution.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- We currently live in an extremely turbulent financial climate. With major firms being wiped out by the crisis, it is clear that the dynamics of the financial industry are constantly changing to give way to more resilient systems. The quest to understand this transformation motivates me to further my academic pursuit and hence apply to MSc in Accounting and Finance at the Stockholm School of Economics. My formal learning of the financial industry began at McGill University where I am currently completing an undergraduate degree in Economics and Finance.... [tags: statement of purpose]
642 words (1.8 pages)
- TASK 1 PART A Pursuing a PGCE Numeracy and Maths Specialists is a responsibility that I owe to myself as well as a commitment that I made. It is a responsibility because I have a positive outlook on life, which makes me to actively seek and go after things that I want to accomplish in life. It is a commitment because I want to contribute to society so that others will use it as an example. Due to the passion I have for teaching, I had always sought opportunity to enrol to a course like this but have never found one.... [tags: Problem solving, Learning, Teacher]
3346 words (9.6 pages)
- Throughout my life, I have heard that having a degree is having an expensive piece of paper. Actually listening to these words, to me, its saying they have the literary knowledge of a specific field; and that is much more than an expensive piece of paper. My motivation comes from every situation I have been through, struggling to realize that I do want a degree. As of now, my job title is an accounting clerk, I did happen to stumble into this career, I would be lying if I said otherwise. Being in this position for almost three years has helped me grow professionally and personally.... [tags: Full-time, Part-time, Term, Time]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- 1.Discuss your reasons for pursuing the Major/Academic Program selected above? My personality and personal experiences have helped me to decide upon accounting as my chosen major. Before I immigrated to the United States in 2010, I had a small business in China for more than nine years. This experience and my desire to be an entrepreneur taught me the importance of accounting. In order to manage my business well, I attended a course in basic accounting at a local training institute. While in training, I learned that I loved working with numbers and applying financial analysis to economic issues.... [tags: Higher education, Education, Academic degree]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- ... My long-term goal is to start my career in a foreign-funded company in China. I hope I can apply knowledge and experiences that I have had in USA to the practical situations so that I can reveal the meaningful times that I spent in USA. I am highly motivated to continue pursuing graduate degree in Accounting as a result of several reasons. First, I am interested in Accounting. I am good at Mathematics and I have a good sense of numbers all the time. Second, my personality is suitable for studying Accounting.... [tags: career choices and opportunities]
591 words (1.7 pages)
- The career that I am interested in pursuing is accounting. This career interests me because accountants perform duties that I feel would be enjoyable. Such duties include examining financial statements, inspecting account books, and organizing financial documents. These particular duties tie in to my personal interests which are; examining and inspecting items of interest, analyzing problems, problem solving, and organizing various things such as files and papers. The experiences that have influenced my interest in this career are my everyday experiences.... [tags: Certified Public Accountant, Accountant]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board is board of seven independent members who are accounting professionals that was developed in 1973. This seven member group is responsible for communicating the standards that are in place for financial accounting and reporting that takes place in the United States. Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) are the standards that are used by the FASB to govern the way in which corporations prepare their financial reports. This process of utilizing these standards to maintain and report accounting files is the only method that the US Securities and Exchange Commission will accept.... [tags: Business Accounting Finance]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Accounting On September 28, 1998, Chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission Arthur Levitt sounded the call to arms in the financial community. Levitt asked for, "immediate and coordinated action… to assure credibility and transparency" of financial reporting. Levitt’s speech emphasized the importance of clear financial reporting to those gathered at New York University. Reporting which has bowed to the pressures and tricks of earnings management. Levitt specifically addresses five of the most popular tricks used by firms to smooth earnings.... [tags: Accounting Finances Money Essays]
2347 words (6.7 pages)
- Accounting Introduction The financial information is a very important matter in a company success. Allow them to see if they have been successful in the past, in the present and help them to predict a future performance of you company. The form, the use and the people involve with the financial and accounting information in a company is going to be developed in this report. Accounting Knowing the status of your company in every single area will allow you to improve your performance and developed strategies with a solid background for a successful operation.... [tags: Business Accounting Finance]
1235 words (3.5 pages)
- According to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, T-Shirts by Tommy can account for the accident is to record an extraordinary item. Using the definition from our Intermediate Accounting textbook, extraordinary events are defined as, " events and transactions that are distinguished by their unusual nature and by the infrequency of their occurrence" (Keiso). Because of the nature of the plane crash, and the fact that these types of accidents happen very rarely, it can definitely be categorized as extraordinary.... [tags: Business Analysis Accounting Finance]
1607 words (4.6 pages)