First, I look around and I see I am in a large room with many close friends of mine. I look down to find a beautiful brass instrument resting in my lap. I have started my intermediate band rehearsal. Today, we will be rehearsing songs for our upcoming Christmas concert. During this concert I will be accompanying my fellow musicians and band director, Eugene Mills, in playing songs such as, Jingle Bell Gallop, Silent Night, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Grandma Got Run-Over by a Reindeer, and other variations on popular Christmas carols. To us band is essential to our everyday lives, and it is a big part in all of our lives; however, it is extremely difficult to become good at. Now that I have improved, and made that first step to becoming good, that just may be the reason I enjoy it!
... middle of paper ...
...ntury by a talented man that went by the name of Claude-Michel Schonberg. After the performance, every one of my friends and I agreed that it was a phenomenal show! I thought to myself what a fabulous day, yet it is time for bed; because, of course the long, warm, glamorous day that I thought I would only dream about has come to an end.
Night has come and once again we find our lives taking us down our routine road. I have had an astonishing day with superb activities and best of all I had the chance to share it with you! Would you share an experience with me sometime? What kinds of things interest you? As I look back on my day I realize that I have no regrets! I have accomplished everything I wanted to accomplish, and could possibly imagine successfully performing in one day! It was an absolutely phenomenal day! Thank you for permitting me to share my day with you!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Day of the Dead also known as Dia De Los Muertos occurs on November 2, the day after the Dia De lots Inocentes which happens to fall on November 1st ,which in translation means the day of the innocents or the day of the little angels. These rituals are highly known in Mexico, Latina America, Spain, Italy, South America , Philippines and some parts of the United States, they are mainly celebrated in Catholic based countries and people. It 's been a ritual and tradition that many indigenous people have been celebrating for the past 3000 years.... [tags: Death, Afterlife, Day of the Dead, Life]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Gone but never forgotten :The Day of the Dead Thomas Campbell once said “ To live in hearts we leave behind ,Is not to die.” I am sure at a point we have all wondered what happens after death .Reincarnation , afterlife , and heaven or hell are all things we have heard of . It is only natural because death is inevitable. While some presume they have to mourn the death of their loved ones , the Aztecs believed death was something to celebrate. Today i will inform you about the origins of the day of the dead , how it is celebrated in the Mexican culture , and its transformation in the US through migration.... [tags: Mexico, Aztec, Day of the Dead, Mexican American]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- Valentine’s Day, also known as St Valentine’s Day, is recognized in most Christian lead countries around the world. The word valentine comes from ancient roman days. ‘Valens’, in Latin, means worthy. The Latin meaning of valentine is; Valentinus and represents several martyred saints of the time. There are many different legends and versions of the origin of Valentine’s Day. The most stated legend is that during 3rd Century Rome, Emperor Claudius II made it illegal for young men to marry. He felt young, single men were better soldiers.... [tags: Valentine's Day, history,]
500 words (1.4 pages)
- Day trading is a fairly new development of the stock market. Day trading refers to buying and selling a stock in the same day. Day traders normally trade common stocks, currencies, or stock options. Day trading is normally done by professional investors. However, it has also become a popular way to make money at home for others. In 1975, Wall Street ended the set fee on stock trades. Day trading then became a reality to investors. Before this, traders collected their order information with brokers using ticker tape.... [tags: Day Trading, stocks,]
660 words (1.9 pages)
- Characterization in The Remains of the Day The Remains of the Day is a book that believes in defining its characters to remarkable detail. Even minor characters are brought to life, using a variety of methods; some subtle, others more overt. This essay will discuss the entire novel - just the first eight pages. Many novels would still only be setting the scene at this point but, with The Remains of the Day, many of the main characters have already been described in a fair amount of detail. Creating detailed and believable characters is usually a key factor in a book's success.... [tags: The Remains of the Day]
1431 words (4.1 pages)
- Book Critique of The Longest Day Cornelius Ryan, born in Dublin, Ireland in 1920, worked as a reporter covering the battles in Europe from 1941-1945 and then the final months of the Pacific Campaign. His articles were printed in both Reuters and the London Daily Telegraph. His first book was The Longest Day, published in 1959, selling over 4 million copies in 27 different editions. In 1962 a director named Darryl Zannuck made the book into a movie. Ryan's next book was The Last Battle, published in 1966.... [tags: The Longest Day]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- An Explication of Washing Day One Source Cited The poem Washing Day by Anna Letitia Barbauld illustrates two different points of view of the events that are happening on washing day. The first view is how the people surrounding the author feel towards the chores to be done that day. The second is the view from the author when she was a child, observing all that is happening. The idea of the poem is to bring to the reader's attention the joy and innocence of childhood, while at the same time noting the importance of the events of the day.... [tags: Washing Day]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- "Realism in, art and literature, [is] an attempt to describe human behavior and surroundings or to represent figures and objects exactly as they act or appear in life" (Realism 1). During the 1840's through the 1890's realism was present in much of the literature from the United Sates and Europe. It has been said that realism is easily visible in many pieces of modern literature and even in present day films. In 2001, the movie Training Day was released into theaters. Many critics agreed that the movie was very realistic.... [tags: Training Day Movie]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Gloria Naylor's Mama Day In 1988 Gloria Naylor wrote the novel Mama Day in hopes to show the world that one can either accept the hand they are dealt and make it come out to the advantage of themselves and others, or one can hide from their pain and live a life scared of what may come in the future. Mama Day is set on an island off the coast of South Carolina and Georgia that is inhabited by the descendants of a slave population. The main characters in the novel; Ophelia, Abigail and Miranda, also called Mama Day, all experienced a lot of pain in their lives; it is how they chose to deal with their experiences that sets them apart from each other.... [tags: Gloria Naylor Mama Day]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- In 2001, one of the most memorable performance’s in Hollywood was Honored with an Academy Award, for Best Actor In A Leading Role. The Oscar, went to Denzel Washington, for is amazing performance in Training Day. A powerful departure from his good guy roles, Denzel Washington, plays Alonzo Harris, a street smart, crocked, undercover narc, out on the mission to save his ass, from the Russian mob. On the day in question, he is giving rookie cop Jake Hoyt (Ethan Hawke) a chance to prove himself worthy to be a part of his elite squad of undercover narcotics officers.... [tags: Training Day Movie]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Elizabeth Stanton and Eliza Farnham
- Feeling a Feeling You've Never Felt Before
- Telemedicine : The Exchange of Medical Information via Telecommunication to Assist Patients' Health Status
- Brave New World: The U.S. Is Becomming the World State
- Investigating the Role of Micro-Finance in Female Empowerment, Kawangware Division, Nairobi County
- We Need Dog Parks