Essay PreviewMore ↓
I can’t imagine her dressing up in designer clothes and acting like those other posh people back at the office. Her sense of style was not sophisticated but it was respectable and casual. It really did suit her. I guess it’s because she feels comfortable and confident in them, and it shows that too! But working in the fashion agency wearing those “bargain clothes”, she will be scrutinized for sure. I hope she wouldn’t get it the hard way like I did. I am not proud of the fact that I had to spend a fortune on clothes and accessories just to fit in and be accepted with the other co-workers. But that is something I’d always keep to myself.
As I watched her pick up her coffee to drink it, I could tell she was not a fan of etiquette. But that did not mean she had no proper table manners; she just lacked the way other ‘top-rank’ ladies back at the office would wipe their cherry-red lips softly with a napkin after each sip in case their lipstick got smeared.
It was great to finally meet someone who I could go have a pleasant lunch break with and actually make it back to the office in time. If it were any of the other co-workers, I would always have to sit at the table and wait for the other girls to pop into the restaurant toilet to fix their hair and makeup; and that usually took awhile.
I also do wear makeup but just faintly enough to cover up the imperfections. Therefore, I need not to tire myself and re-do my makeup after every single bloody meal. Nancy was the same, she didn’t wear much makeup, not that she needed any. She had an almost-perfect face with features fit enough for her to be a model herself in the agency, instead of writing about them. Her round almond-shaped eyes were accompanied with lovely dark eyebrows that in contrary, matched her eye colour in return. Her nose was petite and small, a great silhouette of European heredity.
How to Cite this Page
"My New Co-Worker is Becoming My Best Friend." 123HelpMe.com. 20 Apr 2019
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The strangers who you encounter in your life come in many shapes and sizes. The unexpected will always happen at times least expected. Pearls are life’s treasures that remind you what life is all about. I spent two years of my life in a drunken state. Unsure, where I was at in my life at during a point in time when my daughter Emerald needed her mother the most. The bottle with its silver and blue shimmery colors on the label became my twin. That is until I met a man who gave me one of a few pearls in my life.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- A best friend is a special person. Someone you can always talk to and count on. When growing up you never truly know what a best friend is until you find one. I found mine when I was in third grade. In the summer when school was out my older brother, younger sister and I would stay at home. We lived on Sheridan so we would always go sit on the porch and watch the cars go by. One day the house next door to us was bought, my brother and I watched as the new neighbors moved all of their belongings into the house.... [tags: High school, College, Middle school, Friendship]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- For as long as I could remember I always wanted to be a comedian and bring joy and laughter to my friends and family. I was so set on becoming a comedian that for my fifth birthday my parents surprised me with a trip to an open mic night just for kids. I finally had the chance to make people other than my family laugh at my not so funny jokes. By age six I had a small following of neighborhood kids that would pay twenty-five cents to come see me perform in my basement on Friday nights. After discovering the late show one night, I decided to start having guest appearances during my weekly shows; those shows cost fifty cents.... [tags: High school, Mother, Family, Father]
1839 words (5.3 pages)
- Technology molds its way into peoples’ lives and daily routines. It has turned away from being a material object and has become a human’s best-friend. From consuming people of all ages and weaving itself into many lives, technology even presents addictive qualities. In 2007, Apple invented the iPhone. The latest version is the future iPhone 8, which is said to be released in September 2017. By learning about the Communication Technologies and Functions of Media in Everyday Life perspectives, one can become more media literate about the upcoming electronic device.... [tags: Mass media, Media influence, Technology, Media]
1034 words (3 pages)
- You never really know when your life is going to do a three sixty. When it happens some of us are lucky and it changes our lives in a positive way, but for me that was not the case. When I came to college I wanted to break away from the life I once had. Like most people I wanted to find myself and finally be who I was never able to be in high school and living at home. The night of October thirty first of my freshmen year I met a person who would change my life and the lives of those around me. My best friend Josh always wanted to be the one to take my drunken virginity.... [tags: Family, Mother, Multiracial, Load Me Up]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- ... When it came within our reach, we noticed a pack of boys in front of a glass window, giggling and pointing at something. The closer we were getting, the louder and more engulfing this giggling was becoming. When we were almost there, I realized that it was not something they were pointing at, but someone. Neither her pretty face, nor her beautiful smile was as evident as her massive body, which made this stupid gang laugh without stopping. As we appeared on their horizon, they abruptly transferred their attention to us.... [tags: hormones, surgery, misery]
1231 words (3.5 pages)
- All my life I’ve met a lot of people and have had a lot of different friends with their own personalities and characteristics. My best friend since I’ve moved from D.C. to West Virginia, has one characteristic that stands out the most in my eyes over everyone else. He loves to try new things no matter what he heard from others that wanted to doubt his ideas. His dedication to the things that he is passionate about is outstanding. He has shown that when he wants something that he will dedicate every living second to what it is.... [tags: High school, Debut albums, Lil Wayne, Weekend]
802 words (2.3 pages)
- Describe moments in the film where some type of ‘spiritual connection or moment’ was experienced. In the film, Tom’s friend, Sarah experiences some spiritual revelation in the short time after she punches Tom. Sarah was previously in an abusive relationship, which explains her fighting attitude. In the movie, she has to defend herself and make tough life changing decisions that will change her life forever. These include the decision to abort her daughter. While the other men are out, Sarah confronts Tom, where she tries to pick up the box with Daniel’s ashes it in.... [tags: Religion, Spirituality, God, Meditation]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Corby Peterson is an old family friend, she was born August, 15, 1958 in Twin falls, Idaho. She also attended Yuba city high school, and was able to get her diploma. Corby has blue eyes, blonde hair, and isn’t the tallest person in the world; she is at the height of 5,2 feet. Corby has been married since the year of 1991, and out of that marriage came two daughters, Cassidy and Morgan. She is also working as an office manager at Timberline Hearing in Worland, Wyoming. Corby is a crafty person as well, she will take old furniture and restore it into something that looks brand new.... [tags: Parenting, Parenting styles, Parent]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Ever since I was young, I have always enjoyed making and building projects more than any other pastime. There are no limits to what can be built and there are many tools available to complete. If the tool is not in a personal inventory, there 's always someone around from whom the tool can be borrowed. Building teaches how something works and operates. After building a project, the builder then knows what every part of that system of parts does. Engineering is my dream job; it gives the opportunity to design new components and to see creativity in an operating system.... [tags: Academic degree, Bachelor's degree]
701 words (2 pages)
It was also a bonus to know someone who wasn’t afraid of soaking their heels in puddles on the walk back and who also knew the shortcuts; even if they are old, stinky alleyways. I remember hesitating a bit when she pointed out that we should take the alleyway, smelly and with a few homeless men sleeping on the side. This was what I meant when I said she would walk anywhere!
If she didn’t keep to herself that much, I suppose she could be the centre of attention unwillingly. But, I am glad my curiosity about this new co-worker drove me to discover a new friend who had a lot in common with me. In a way, she reminds me of myself at times...